Options

Labor Day Blowout

HaraycarayHaraycaray Registered Users, Member 910 Posts
Anyone think that they’ll do other deals for Labor Day aside from the 15k Prime and Regular Xp?

Comments

• Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I'm really looking forward to the fan lefty legend reward with a good bonus skill(vs rhp, risp, late innings)! Here's hoping!
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    spicedaddy30spicedaddy30 Registered Users, Member 141 Posts
    I'm with @DFBB let's get a good legend from rewards .. any chance mantle will be the next ATG ??? ILL BE HUNTING HARD IF SO . That or an ATG catcher . I need an upgrade behind the plate badly
  • Options
    pallison74pallison74 Registered Users, Member 16 Posts
    Same, been sitting 32k gold for 3 weeks. FYI glu, i have no reason to buy more gold when there is nothing worth buying.
  • Options
    spicedaddy30spicedaddy30 Registered Users, Member 141 Posts
    I'd probably give them my money for say .. a yo grandle box with a 430 prime switch hitting grandal in her
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    I'm itching to fire a bullet or two at those signature primes myself but I'll probably hold off for any 450 down the road
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    miggyrisingmiggyrising Registered Users, Member 162 Posts
    edited August 2018
    I honestly think GLU has shadow banned my team from getting players in boxes.

No lies or exaggerations here. Over the last several weeks, I've kept close track.

Weekend Boxes: 0 for 31
    PotM Boxes: 2 for 19 (both were several weeks ago)
    PotW Boxes: 2 for 26. 0 for 6 this week. 0 for 7 last week.
    Random player event boxes: 1 for 17

Usual supposed odds on each respectively: 6%, 39%, 50%, 6%.

That's 15500 gold bars spent on weekend boxes, 28500 on PotM boxes, 28600 on PotW boxes, and 8500 on popup boxes. A little over 70k for 5 players, 4 of which are temporary quality players.

Of course, I did get a few pulls as gifts. So, let's call it 60k to be generous.

Needless to say, I won't be using gold anymore to get chances at players from boxes until I get at least 1 top line player from a gifted box. Prove to me I haven't been shadow banned from improvements and I'll resume using gold to get boxes.

Sound like a deal @[TSB] blueleopard

• Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    @miggyrising I suspected the same thing happening to me in 17 after my roster was half legends and half primes and this year I've had crappy luck after the all star break. It's probably just the frustration getting to you and honestly I don't see how it would make sense for them to blacklist someone from getting better players. After all if you get new players, specially primes, you'll have to level them up and that means spending gold to get that xp. 
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    miggyrisingmiggyrising Registered Users, Member 162 Posts
    @Houmy Not if you decided to stay at Silver for awhile instead of running headlong into Gold. I need XP and Prime XP like Lincoln needs another hole in the head. (Too soon?)

I've actually kept pretty close of my box results since the All-Star break. I'm far from a mathematical whiz. But, I know what GLU tells Apple the odds of certain prizes in the loot box are.

I'll just say that, despite my mathematical limitations, the odds of me getting the prizes I've gotten through randomness, considering the claimed odds, are pretty close impossible, if not statistically impossible. I'm almost certain they inject certain non-random factors into the algorithm that determines your prize from the loot boxes. If they aren't doing that, then they're simply lying to Apple (and their users) when they publish their odds.

I get what you're saying. It wouldn't make much sense for GLU to blacklist someone from improving their teams. But, it might make sense for them to blacklist someone from improving their team through certain means to force them to spend more to improve in other ways.

As an example, on my first 2018 team, every one of my position players was a 5 star player, except the 2B. I got Castro on the second day of the game. He was only a 4 star. For about 2 months, no matter what, I couldn't get a 2B to save my life. I even had one Draft sequence show up with 4 different 2B including Altuve and Dozier along with Baez and Odor at 4.5 stars. But, I ended up with the 2 star MR that was the 5th players listed.

Two days later, they started pushing their Prime position player draft picks.

It could be just an emotional response to getting constantly GLU'd on picks. Given my tracking of my results though, I think something more nefarious might be afoot.

I've said before I don't mind the idea of players at higher levels getting better pulls on boxes. If you've taken the time to build your team and have spent some money along the way, it's fine with me if they want to inject a little advantage into the algorithm. Keep those players spending and buying.

For me though, I've had to move on to a second team because my first team got updated into oblivion. Despite the "best efforts" of the customer "service" team, they still haven't been able to link it to an email account. While I gladly spent on that first team, I don't spend as much on the second team, especially given the circumstances.

I'd happily go back to spending more if I knew I was going to get something in return for the spending once in awhile. I'm just not going to do it for a 6% chance at something good that never materializes. Even at 50% on a POTW box, I'm probably not going to spend much anymore until I see the "luck" turn on them first.