Options

Vip’s Get what they deserve

whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
I must admit I love to see VIP’s complain.  They reward glus greed by spending hundreds of dollars on overpriced stuff.  When others bring that to their attention they say “it’s my money, I’ll spend it how I want”

Eventually they realize that there is no end to the money pit and call for a boycott!

Am I the only one who finds this hilarious?
I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
- Blueleopard

Comments

• Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Most VIPs are not shy about expressing their entitled opinions. However, I will be super duper jelly when they get lxp on Friday. :(
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    bigbacondizzle23bigbacondizzle23 Registered Users, Member 54 Posts
    Just hoping to be a VIP lol
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    @dfbb most VIPs are super jelly of your legends so you're a VIP in my book buddy. :D
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    Houmy said:

@dfbb most VIPs are super jelly of your legends so you're a VIP in my book buddy. :D

I'm on the fb group page often and yeah, it's a hot mess there. Kind of funny, kind of silly.
  • Options
    SakaV2SakaV2 Registered Users, Member 124 Posts
    whynot said:
    I must admit I love to see VIP’s complain.  They reward glus greed by spending hundreds of dollars on overpriced stuff.  When others bring that to their attention they say “it’s my money, I’ll spend it how I want”

Eventually they realize that there is no end to the money pit and call for a boycott!

Am I the only one who finds this hilarious?
    As a VIP myself I didnt pull the legend either.  I hardly feel wronged in any way.  Everyone knows the risk and in reality just like anything you can pay your way to the top if you want.  Honestly it's all luck.  It's no different than anyone else complaining.  Everyone seems to hate Glu until they win on a pull...then they simmer down for awhile and then after poor luck start going crazy over not getting anything.  Just remain humble and have fun lol.  It's just a mobile game that will be obsolete in 2 years.  Have fun playing and good luck!
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    @dfbb I am on one of those unofficial fb groups as well but I don't interact there at all. Wouldn't be able to restrain myself as I do here with some of the outlandish comments/posts. If @whynot wants to see some serious complaining and crying then the fb group would be perfect. 
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    jpuck6190jpuck6190 Registered Users, Member 156 Posts
    I am a vip... the only thing i will ever complain about are the days where you buy 20+ boxes at 5-10$ a piece and get absolutely nothing of use. Blue xp is near irrelevant to me at this point. With that being said i do know the odds i am working with and still choose to click the button. Most people here fail to look at the big picture. I got screwed on boxes the past 2 weeks but at the same time ive only been playing this game 3 months and have pulled chipper and 12 primes. Granted i do spend alot of money but i dont have to stretch to do it and it makes me happy. All fun in the end if thats how people choose to see it. If not then thats for them to worry about. Im not losing any sleep.
  • Options
    spicedaddy30spicedaddy30 Registered Users, Member 141 Posts
    I'm also vip . Went big trying for mantle . Didn't get any players of use from the box . But scored bench from fan rewards . Am I a little perterbed I didn't get him.. well of course . He's what I've been waiting for . But all in all ... I'll probably dump on the gold for another 20 big mantle boxes next week haha
  • Options

I'm also vip . Went big trying for mantle . Didn't get any players of use from the box . But scored bench from fan rewards . Am I a little perterbed I didn't get him.. well of course . He's what I've been waiting for . But all in all ... I'll probably dump on the gold for another 20 big mantle boxes next week haha

Baller status! :) Also, good luck man!
  • Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Here is my take on this. I would love to see 1 of these 2 things change

1.  Gold cost less to purchase. I have a very hard time spending $300 worth of gold for a legend on the weekend but would have no issues spending $50 worth of gold. 
    2.  Odds in the boxes get better.  I went 0/50 on the nickname boxes. That shouldn’t happen to anyone and I might deserve a 2nd vip ring for missing that many times. 

I dont want both. My one I would like to see the most is gold costing less. I still want the chase effect. Like the idea of a player being hard to get. 

I know several people who hacked last year. They are VIP’s this year. Why?  They got used to playing with a lot of gold and can’t go back to playing without it. 

Get gold in the hand of people and they will keep buying
  • Options
    miggyrisingmiggyrising Registered Users, Member 162 Posts

Here is my take on this. I would love to see 1 of these 2 things change

1.  Gold cost less to purchase. I have a very hard time spending $300 worth of gold for a legend on the weekend but would have no issues spending $50 worth of gold. 
    2.  Odds in the boxes get better.  I went 0/50 on the nickname boxes. That shouldn’t happen to anyone and I might deserve a 2nd vip ring for missing that many times. 

I dont want both. My one I would like to see the most is gold costing less. I still want the chase effect. Like the idea of a player being hard to get. 

I know several people who hacked last year. They are VIP’s this year. Why?  They got used to playing with a lot of gold and can’t go back to playing without it. 

Get gold in the hand of people and they will keep buying

I posted this elsewhere, but I'll abridge here.

This company doesn't know how to make money. They get a few people to spend silly money. But, the vast majority don't spend anything at all. The proof of that is in their own public earnings reports.

With a game like Tap Baseball, they should be printing money. They're not. In Q2, which should be their biggest quarter so far, they posted $8M in revenue. In the same quarter, roughly 2M people downloaded the game from the App Store and Google Play. That's an average spend of $4/download. Pathetic.

The reason they aren't posting $25M+ in Q2 is exactly what Big Pred Fan outlined. The gold is far too expensive. And, the odds on boxes is too stingy.

They should drop the price for a Mountain of Gold to $10 instead of $100. The price is arbitrary anyway. Make it arbitrary in a way that more people will be able and willing to buy it.

For the boxes, they should add other option to buy a player outright without the odds based risk. Use the odds to estimate the price.

For example, the odds on PotW boxes are 50% for 1 of 2 players. The odds of getting a specific player are 25%, in theory. Charge 1100 Gold to buy the lottery box with the chance of a player or not. Charge 5000 Gold for a user to pick a specific PotW.

For PotW, they could include a guaranteed player box randomly selected and the ability to buy a certain PotW. 1500 for the lottery box. 7500 for a guaranteed player randomly selected. 50,000 for a specific player. 10,000 gold to add the special skills.

Do something similar with weekend boxes, prime players, and legends. Offer the lottery boxes for those who are willing to gamble for a discount. Offer a buy it now price. And offer an add-on for special skills.

If they did this, the guys who spend big now will still spend big in the hopes of putting together the greatest team ever. But, your middle of the road users might spend much more. They'd probably be willing to drop $50-100 to fill out their roster with their favorite players. They're not going to drop $1000 for a chance at it though.

Plus, it would probably put half those guys who claim they can hack gold for you out of business. Those guys wouldn't be able to compete with the prices on the app itself.
  • Options
    whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    That’s my point exactly, glu would not charge so much for gold or offer boxes with insane odds if suckers didn’t buy them.  They reward these suckers with vip badges and it gives them a sense of superiority.

Every time they spend money to get the carrot, glu makes it obsolete by offering a bigger carrot.  Inevitebly they come to their senses and realize the fool they have been.

The fun starts when you see the guy on global, one week he has the VIP attitude towards people complaining about prices, and the next he is calling for a boycott (to protest the prices he caused!)!

Only thing I’m mad about is glu thought of it before me!
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • Options
    MISSREDMISSRED Registered Users, Member 251 Posts
    I can spend $5 a week or maybe even $30 a month. As it is now, thats more then most players it seems. And if i have no chance to compete for that price, i wont spend it. Find a way guys like me that play 70hours a week on tsb and spend a little, can compete too. Now youre marketing to rich people only. If your employees think the app is affordable, youre paying them way to much. 
    "If a man gives you his best, what more can you ask him to give".
  • Options
    spicedaddy30spicedaddy30 Registered Users, Member 141 Posts
    I've spent a good bit . Feels a little foolish some days . But I've ended up with chipper Jones Nolan Ryan and Johnny bench .. I don't use money or gold for weekend boxes ..at least not often. I'll try 1 -3 of them if I don't get a player . Whatever . Not gonna dump resources on players that will as you said be obsolete in the near future . Spending your gold/money on the weekend event is like tossing it into the fire . For what ? Meager rewards . Maybe you think it's worth it for the pride of saying "we are a top 10 club" but I refuse . I spend my gold/money/ time chasing better players . Woh and slugfest are more fun and offer better rewards. I don't feel bad about spending (most of the time) ... But tap God's if you hear me ... Please give me Mickey ! I NEED HIM lol