Options

Trout season in Slugfest today

nym5fannym5fan Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
Get your rod and reel ready to catch some Prime Trout!
From Wentz he came, he shall be returned!

Comments

• Options
    LonzoBallinLonzoBallin Registered Users, Member 637 Posts
    It's extremely difficult to catch trout when you don't have any prime bait!
    Proud TSB VIP!
  • Options
    Very true @LonzoBallin. You won't have much luck in these waters without the right bait.
  • Options
    fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    At least it’s possible unlike WOH 😡
  • Options
    @fahhq2 not if you haven't been cycling since they introduced the prime sluggers. Would be fair if they offered Prime Slugger draft picks so people had a chance to catch up to the current level of difficulty... 
  • Options
    fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    I’ve been cycling every week since Bellinger, so I’m ok. I hope they don’t offer dp...I’ve worked hard and been consistent to build my roster. By allowing a quick catch up, it would sort of nullify all my hard work! Sometimes diligence pays off and remember-this isn’t real life, so we all don’t get trophies🤭
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    @fahhq2 I disagree. What would it take away from you personally if others had a chance to earn prime XP at this point and improve their roster were they given the option to buy better slugger draft picks? Also those that started the game late do not stand a chance in slugfest so it would be nice for them to have a shot as well.

Most of the members in my club have a lot of prime players on inactive simply because they don't have the XP for them and are missing out on most of the fun even though they've spent a good deal of money.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    @fahhq2 there is no reason to not give everyone a fair chance in each game mode. I get working hard to get the players, I have too. But if someone hasn't been able to and they have no prime sluggers, they have no chance. If they have the gold for prime slugger dp's then by all means use your gold to "try" for a prime slugger to help give you a "chance" at cycling the event. They will still need to work hard, if not harder then you or I did to get to the point of cycling the event. 
  • Options
    MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts

@Houmy -- I have Prime deGrom (who would be my best pitcher), Prime Dee Gordon (who would be one of my 3 best OFs), Prime Kimbrel (my would-be closer) and Prime Kershaw (my would-be second starter) all cooling their heels on my bench due to low prime xp.  I even traded in Prime Kemp and Prime Strasburg because they weren't good enough to level up.  I also have Slugger Prime Trout and Slugger Prime Story at Gold 8, and Signature Prime Goldy at Gold 8 as well -- can't get them capped.  And, I cycled three times yesterday.   

The scarcity of prime xp is rough. 

• Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    @Metsicans I know how you feel. I feel so bad for my clubmates every time I get a new prime and max him as they have the primes too but can't even bring them to their tiers let alone max them. I have team mates in gold & platinum that have primes in silver and even bronze. That's just not fair by GLU and they really need to rethink the whole bronze draft picks for 2019.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts

I knew that would happen when they announced the all bronze picks thing way back in February (Canadian release).  I mean it really is not reasonable to expect anyone to go to Platinum, let alone Diamond.  Even guys who spent thousands of dollars on this game and went to Diamond are often still playing with gold and platinum level players.  Which means they can't win walkoff or slugfest, and bonus players on Tues/Thursday/Weekend can never be leveled to the point where they are truly productive. 

Being at gold has made my tapping life immeasurably harder.  I used to think it helped with Walkoff and CvC, but I can't crack Walkoff anymore (not in three weeks after cycling regularly before that) and I bet they fix CvC to balance production across levels too.  Given that streaks are irrelevant with the advent of bonus players, I never should have gone to gold -- I only went because my silver streaks had diminished to under 10. 

I didn't particularly love starting a new team when I reached every new level last year (i.e., a Platinum 3.5 star was better than a Gold 5 star), but at least it kept me interested and didn't force me to commit all my resources to leveling players up (as opposed to acquiring new ones, which is more interesting/exciting). 

• Options
    HaraycarayHaraycaray Registered Users, Member 910 Posts
    Yeah they bungled the whole starting everyone at bronze 1 thing.