Options

Bonus Game event

OakGroveRcktsOakGroveRckts Registered Users, Member 71 Posts

I never play this event, but today I got a POTW Puig through CVC awards.  So I thought I would try to put up massive points for my team. 

Big mistake.  Lost 90% of the games.  The teams always are "evenly matched" but the opposing pitcher is always a Prime or better. 

That's Glu's strategy on this event.  Make you think you are facing an even matchup but if you look closer at the opposing pitcher, and you will see that its a lost cause.........

Comments

• Options
    nym5fannym5fan Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    I consistently match up against Gold and Platinum teams in this event. I am Silver 10, but I guess the number of games played and my team rating being 78k strength they decide Gold and Platinum teams are a fair fight for me. I lose about 90% of matchups too. 
    From Wentz he came, he shall be returned!
  • Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Yeap I am in the same boat, Thursdays are the worst for me. Usually win 1 in every 9 or 10 GP and I outrank opponents by 20 or 30k at times. GLUs way of telling you to level up. Streaking on prime events is still no issue so only day that hurts me is Thursdays which I rarely play unless I have a bonus player I already own. Main team never pulls POW's anymore as they are useless on my roster. I use my secondary team to pull POW's to help hit progress rewards on off days and put up points. Im gold level with about 13k GP.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    buaya123buaya123 Registered Users, Member 106 Posts
    I lost my first two games, then won the next 35 games. Scored 2.6 million points after an hour, with the help of POTW Verlander. I am at Gold 6 with 77K team strength.
  • Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Your wins and match ups will depend on your GP, W and Ls. Tier levels dont matter too much, silver guys that have 80K teams are matched against gold and plat teams because of the their GP. Maybe I am wrong but I know that @DFBB has a lower number of GP compared to many mainly because he focuses on WOH and Derby for players. (Very smart BTW, keeps your GP down and best way to get high end players). Maybe he can confirm what sort of match ups he is getting based on his GP level. A team like his that is stacked full of capped legends would prove its your GP and not necessarily your team strength or win %s or w.e the case may be. Just a  theory. My  guess he is still playing silver and maybe a few gold teams.
    Note: @DFBB, not knocking your team in anyway. You got a solid line up man.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Matchups are based on wins. I currently have over 1800 wins. I started getting matched up with gold teams at around 1600-1700 wins. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    Many of us don't play bonus game event for the same reason of it being a huge time waster due to the number of losses incurred agains higher tiered teams (I'm silver and am always up against gold teams). Like many have already said, despite this situation, my team will be rated higher in team strength but my pitching will be outclassed. I reactivated my new and improved former potw verlander for Tuesday and today and t6'd in about 24 games (16 on Tuesday coz the bonus was 7k vs 5k today). I lost 4 games today, which was very different than usual just because of verlander. However, this is my C team Im talking about and it has only played 3200 games vs my A team at 7100 games (which for an experiment I played 10 games and lost 7 of them and no potw verlander). Would have been interesting to compare...
    It's all done with mirrors
  • Options
    HaraycarayHaraycaray Registered Users, Member 910 Posts
    I’m in diamond and I’d say I win 80 percent of my games on Thursday’s. 
  • Options
    SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    @Haraycaray you're at the top tier, can't face higher tier teams hehe
    It's all done with mirrors
  • Options
    redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I’m in Gold with a little over 8,000 wins, yesterday when I had Snell getting me millions of points I lost 2 of 45 games he pitched in, today I’m winning around 55-60% of games, team is 88k with 240+ players besides Contreras because I still haven’t found a catcher, pitchers are meh though or I suspect I’d win more.
  • Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    I’m diamond and win more than 90%. Been that way for me for a long time now. I won 700 bonus games today alone. I love Thursday
  • Options
    HaraycarayHaraycaray Registered Users, Member 910 Posts
    @Bigpredfan I haven’t had that much time today but I’m around 300 I like thursdays in diamond. 
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    @Haraycaray I love it in diamond. From today alone

gained 1.4 mil in cash from gloves, game rewards, cvc losses and the 250K playoff rewards

gained about 8,000 gold, mostly from the 7500 for the playoffs 

gained 22K XP from picks from bonus games now. 

Love it
  • Options
    bravesfanlabravesfanla Registered Users, Member 249 Posts
    Went diamond today. Said screw it. Why not? Also won 300 plus games today. 
    Tap tap tap tap it in
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    So how do you guys do in WOH in diamond?
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    @houmy I usually get to 5-7 or 5-8. Walk-off for me in diamond isn’t about beating 5-10. It’s about getting the bonus games and picks you get all throughout the day. When I want the cash too I’ll just manually play and the cash goes up as well. I’m not gonna be able to level up a prime anyways.