Options

Keeping 5 star players on the bench

bigbacondizzle23bigbacondizzle23 Registered Users, Member 54 Posts
Hello all, I would like to here some opinions on keeping 5 star players. I have quite  a few allstars and primes so I wouldn't really use them unless they play for a team thats in the bonus that day. Is it really worth it?

Comments

• Options
    LonzoBallinLonzoBallin Registered Users, Member 637 Posts
    In the previous seasons it was absolutely worth it, as you never know when a previous 5-star may get called up to put up some major bonus points.  However, this season, all the big time bonus point guys are brand new versions not previously released.  If your old 5-star players ever do earn bonus points, it will be at best 1,000 for a hit/strikeout, so nothing that is going to make or brake an event for yourself or your club.  If you aren't hurting for xp, it doesn't hurt to keep them around, but it is unlikely that they will ever be able to make a significant contribution for your team.
    Proud TSB VIP!
  • Options
    SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    Less and less... with all the different versions of players being created for sale and that are crowned the bonus point guys in most events for those days or even the week, the space in the app fills up with guys that are replaced with similar or the same player that are a few points higher in strength. For example going from a silver capped player strength of 158 to 160. And all of these guys are enhanced 5star usually with a skill. Often the regular 4.5 & 5 star players you may be keeping arent included in the bonus points decisions. Old potw guys could be kept however, for example this week my old potw verlander got powered up again to way higher levels and a skill added and he was bonus points guy twice this week as potw usually are once released. Having said all the preceeding, I don't play the weekend event anymore, and will only play Tuesday and Thursday if I happen to have or get the super bonus point player(s) and can t6 in under an hour for the 200 gold, like I did with potw verlander. Maybe other tappers hsve a different opinion....
    It's all done with mirrors
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    I would keep one 5* from each position at the minimum. They would come in handy if you go up a tier and don't have enough Prime or Legend XP to evolve a player in that position but have the blue XP for the 5*.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    Also as @Sandpipers pointed out always keep POTW players up until the post season as after the regular season is over they wouldn't be boosted again.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    bigbacondizzle23bigbacondizzle23 Registered Users, Member 54 Posts
    Thanks guys. thats all good info