Options

Walk off today!

13Next

Comments

• Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    @Sandpipers I was actually talking about a global gift as I thought that's what it was. I did a ticket about the Knoblauch pick being given out after I went through 4th level and CS came back saying the developers wanted to mix it up and added that later but CS gave it to me anyway as a "VIP courtesy" they said.

Long story short after next restart about an hour later I get the gift notification which looks like a global gift (Knoblauch box) but nothing in the store hence me asking if everyone got it. I guess that was just a delayed notification for the box CS gave me. XP by the way which works for me as I wasn't going to waste the XP on a 445 when I already have a 420 Altuve.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    edited September 2018
    Thx for clarifying @Houmy I also sent in tickets for two of my teams but have not heard back yet. Anyway it's just one of those days again, and we get to do it all over again on Wednesday lol
    The response that you received a box as a courtesy will more than annoy those who went thru before Glu devs decided to "mix it up" and may not get that "courtesy" ... it's absurd if they decide to pick and choose who gets a box and who doesnt. CS has previously informed me that they can track my logs and determine what I've done and what I've received from them, so we will see if they try to use an excuse that they can't in fact do that.
    It's all done with mirrors
  • Options
    miggyrisingmiggyrising Registered Users, Member 162 Posts
    I went through earlier in the day before the Knoblauch boxes were added. After recent weeks, when guys like @Houmy have reported the tower being significantly easier earlier in the competition, I decided to rearrange some things to make earlier play possible.

I don't know if the game play was any easier like previous weeks. I feel like I got kinda lucky on Neris from what others are mentioning. He actually threw me a couple of sweeping curveballs, which I dropped in for singles. Then he threw me something that kinda looked like a cutter or semi-slider. I laced that pitch into the gap. Then, he threw me 3 straight fastballs in the middle of the plate. I hit the first two for singles before hitting the third over the SoulaJule sign. 

I don't really care about not getting the Knoblauch boxes. I ended up getting one on my second trip back through the tower. If I would've gotten Knoblauch, I don't even know if I would've put him in my lineup. I don't think he had a skill attached. And those seem to be far more important in Walk Off than the base rating. 
  • Options
    @Sandpipers as far as today's event goes this is what I make of it and the way the devs handled it: even though I was not a business major (I was) and did not ace any of my business courses (most definitely did) I can tell that it was a bad business decision. GLU basically told us that now it's not worth playing this event from the get go and we shoul wait and see if they sweeten the pot later on in the event.

Why is it a bad business decision? Have players play all day and they tend to spend more gold ($$$) but now those that got "screwed" out of the legend pick(s) may think twice about jumping right in and instead wait a bit to see if GLU is going to surprise them. Less of an opportunity for them to get frustrated and spend all their gold or try to multi-cycle (spend more gold).

And let's not forget about those that didn't need the player in question, like me, and didn't try to cycle the event only to find out the prize was changed/upgraded and made easier. Talk about building goodwill at a time when it's at an all time low.

• Options
    miggyrisingmiggyrising Registered Users, Member 162 Posts
    I tend to agree with you on the poor business decision making. I've felt the same way about several events over the last couple months. 

For the weekend event, I don't buy boxes anymore. I don't even start playing the weekend event until they start issuing the free boxes as gifts. I'll play my free 6 games occasionally. But, I'm not looking to spend any gold to extend a streak past those 6. I wait to see if I can pull a bonus player from the free gift. If I don't, then I let my club know that I've got about 500,000 points in me tops for the weekend. 

If I do pull a bonus player from a free box, I'll reevaluate my strategy. If it's a Prime bonus player, I might clear some time to play for big points. I'll even stock up on gold. If it's a toss-in bonus player that only gets 10k/hit or 4k/hit, I'll try to put together enough of a streak to max out my individual progress tier before going back to playing the free games. If it's a 3.5 star scrub put in the box to make people think the odds are slightly better than before, I trade the player in and shut off my phone. 

If we're being honest, they'd be far better off simply upping the odds on the boxes and dropping the difficulty on some of the events. People don't want to spend all day long losing to nasty curves and sliders just so they can get a player that'll likely never be a bonus player again. They also don't want to spend all of their gold pulling box after box just to get one Max 360 player who wouldn't be on their roster if it wasn't for the weekend event. 
  • Options
    100% @Houmy
    I think there must have been a noticeable dropoff in participation once people found out the 1st version of Neris was virtually impossible and stopped playing at whatever point they may have required a restart and chose to save their gold. So, Glu's solution was to sweeten the pot and too announce they made the event easier. As has been posted by others, who even successfully got thru the newer version of Neris, people are fed up with the nonsense.... what has in the past been referred as "bush league". I'm at a point where their next moves will either keep me involved to some limited extent or I'll just close it down. I'm tired of the nonsense.
  • Options
    @Sandpipers I am itching to just jailbreak my phone and install an emulator to play some good old baseball stars instead. 

• Options
    Has anyone played the 2018 version of The Show for ps4? My boy has the console and it's starting to look more interesting....