Options

Homerun practice

rooster843rooster843 Registered Users, Member 14 Posts
Wish there was an option to practice homerun on your own and not against anyone. That way you can focus and work on swing. 

Comments

• Options
    MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    The derbies are only 5000 cash, and if you lose you still get gloves and xp.  I'd hone your skills there. 
  • Options
    miggyrisingmiggyrising Registered Users, Member 162 Posts
    @Metsicans is absolutely correct. Just play the Home Run battles. Even if you lose, you'll get invaluable practice and decent rewards. At 25 batting gloves per loss, you get roughly the same reward for losing a Home Run battle as you get for playing a full set of Prime Event games. 

Personally, I try to play through my entire Slugger roster at least once a day. I only keep my top 12 Sluggers so I'm not saddled with trying to beat someone's Prime Trout with a 62 Brandon Phillips. If I'm able to make it through without losing, which I almost always do, I make $41,000 blue cash and 600 batting gloves. While that may not seem like a lot, it adds up quickly and keeps my swing honed for Wednesdays. 
  • Options
    rooster843rooster843 Registered Users, Member 14 Posts
    Never thought of that way! Only thing that messes me up is looking at other player score in between hits lol
  • Options
    miggyrisingmiggyrising Registered Users, Member 162 Posts
    I actually use the score as a refresh between pitches for my timing. I don't really think about the score. I just move my eyes away from the hitting zone to the score for a brief second to keep me busy between pitches instead of trying to overanalyze the pitchers motion. 
  • Options
    jpuck6190jpuck6190 Registered Users, Member 156 Posts
    I count as i swing seems to help me from getting distracted by score. Also it helps get in a timed rythym until the dreaded 40mph change comes lol.
  • Options
    marc8282marc8282 Registered Users, Member 20 Posts
    I agree with play the derbies, u use cash but get gloves you can use to donate your club up with 
  • Options
    bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    Breaking your gaze and refocusing between pitches is the key for me.  I get more "feeling" and timing is more instinctive if I do that.