Options

Starting pitcher

whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
i wish we could put one of our sp’s as the lr, pretty much every good reliever is a sr. It’s pretty much what most mlb teams do. 

Comments

• Options
    nym5fannym5fan Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    I just put one of my good SR pitchers in the LR spot and if I need to use him more than 1 inning I use the energy drinks...
    From Wentz he came, he shall be returned!
  • Options
    Radarlove1976Radarlove1976 Registered Users, Member 56 Posts
    I barely even get to use my relievers, but I guess that’s a good problem to have! I recently completed an entire season and didn’t record a single save! I’ve got some pretty good relievers, but I hesitate to invest much more in them. Thursday bonus games is about the only time they factor in.
    Jason 
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    @Radarlove1976 same situation here on season mode. I usually lead in every category except save where I am behind by 20+ points.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    I agree with not much use for them except in bonus, where it is incredibly hard to beat teams with way lower strength. I also use them a lot when they are bonus of some kind and I basically force my SP out in the 6-7 to use the reliever for 2-3 innings and get lots of points.
  • Options
    bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    They (relievers) factor in tournament games too.
  • Options
    miggyrisingmiggyrising Registered Users, Member 162 Posts
    I've noticed a fairly large increase in winning percentage with a great bullpen, even though I don't use them very often. 

For a very long time, I've had a really stout rotation. All of my starters are either Primes or boosted max 5 stars. It's extremely rare when one doesn't go at least, if not 9 innings. Two of my pitchers routinely throw immaculate games (perfect games with 27k). 

Even with the very good rotation, my winning percentage was hovering around .875, with the exception of bonus games which were closer to .775. 

Then, about 3 weeks ago, I had a good run with picking up good relievers. I picked up Prime Jansen from a draft pick. I got Kimbrel from the moments (after spending a little too much gold on additional pulls). And, this past week, I added Labor Day Diaz. 

Since adding Jansen and Kimbrel, my winning percentage is well over .925. Bonus games are still about .100 behind. They aren't getting many saves. But, I'm only losing when the opposing team shuts me out.