Options

Woh Royale rewards: Mickey!!!!

124Next

Comments

• Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Har har guys! Many of the guys in our club went gold. Some were struggling and now, they're crushing! What can I say, I'm tired of grinding. I want to crush too! :)
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    @DFBB let me know when you have enough XP to reach the 100-120K strength and we'll do a few matches buddy. I just may have to max Fisk then.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    edited November 2018
    @Houmy I'm already at 111k in Silver...so yeah. Hmm. I guess this means that I'll have to cap my pitchers too. LOL

edit: yes, Houmy, unopened Royale boxes. I'm hoping to get Mantle to g7, then open them in hopes of getting a free level.
  • Options
    I decided to cap babe, took Mantle to g6...then opened...

• Options
    @Houmy Give me a week to cap Mickey and we can play...😁

• Options
    @DFBB give ME a week to get the 2nd version of Giambi, 495 Lindor and Posada from that new legends box and THEN we'll play. You already outrank me by about 13K brother. Go back to silver and stay there ;)

• Options
    tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    Nice @DFBB
    Are you seriously not VIP or did you turn the logo off?
    I mean it is impossible to have Babe capped in gold and mantle almost there (nevermind the rest of the team) without spending the usual amount VIP requires.
  • Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Look at his GP. He stayed silver the whole season and barely played any other events other then WOH and Derby allowing him to stay silver and keep his record low. In silver you can stack up alot of XP over time due to the low cost of leveling players. Smart man!
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    @DFBB how about your other legends? How far into gold did you get them?

• Options
    @tocopan18 I've been rather meticulous with how I spend gold. I've only recently began spending on events(WoH) and our club focuses on Mondays/Weds. I'm also an avid videos guy and I take full advantage of double offers whenever they come around. @dkarski87 is spot on. I parked my butt in silver for a very long time. I moved to gold a little quicker(lol) than planned because the game has changed and I felt I needed to adjust. 
    @Houmy, My other legends are still silver. I'm dicey on Reggie and Bench, but I'm certainly bringing Clark over to gold as soon as I cap Mantle. Unfortunately, tough decisions have to be made. That means that legends like Carter, Knoblauch, Powell, Edmonds, and even Earnie will likely be traded in very soon. I mean, The Mick needs to eat, right??  :#
  • Options
    @DFBB Carter & Knoblauch are definitely trade-in material and with Signature JD & Judge you don't need Edmonds but Banks?

• Options
    Yeah man...it stinks! The reality is, he's behind Clark/Bench/Reggie in terms of priority. By the time I level those dudes, there will be even better legends that I need to level.
  • Options
    nice job @DFBB, I didn't think it was possible cause in the first several months of this year I took advantage of almost ALL free or cheap tapjoy offer for double gold, and recently there is barely anything that I can still do from them to get gold (other than those scam-looking mushroom offers), so that's when I started spending some money to buy gold.
    @houmy i'm with you on Banks. He's been a reliable monster for me, both vs L or R pitchers. 
  • Options
    @DFBB welcome to the struggle. Life is all about hard choices in Gold+ this year brother. 

• Options
    Speaking of @DFBB going gold, how funny would it be if they replaced the prime pick in derby with 10K LXP from next week? 🤪

• Options
    @Houmy, remember that 'unfriend' feature you always talk about?....LOL In all seriousness, it feels weird to abandon derby. It was so damn good to me. :(
  • Options
    @DFBB I hear you brother. I stopped playing the derby when they started with the Royale. Used to cycle 6-10 times in gold even as my main focus was the derby this year. Like you I stayed silver and didn't move to gold until I had enough resources and was able to cap all my primes as soon as I did and had lots of PXP left over as well. 

• Options
    MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    Houmy said:
    @DFBB I hear you brother. I stopped playing the derby when they started with the Royale. Used to cycle 6-10 times in gold even as my main focus was the derby this year. Like you I stayed silver and didn't move to gold until I had enough resources and was able to cap all my primes as soon as I did and had lots of PXP left over as well. 

I'm at gold too, and I'm basically done leveling primes at this point -- a couple of pitcher spots could be filled with superior primes, but I'm not bothering (Prime Kershaw and Prime deGrom have been more than solid despite not having skills, and my two lower-ranked relievers never pitch anyway).  So, since I have no real use for pxp anymore, I'm basically done with slugfest for good.  Unless they put lxp in there, of course.
  • Options
    @Metsicans I have a feeling they'll eventually release stronger WS primes as the 435 versions they have now are what we get from WOH these days. Save some PXP for those. Personally I could use a few relief pitchers to retire my all stars and maybe a 1B to replace 425 Freeman and 2B to replace 435 Altuve. 

• Options
    MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    Houmy said:
    @Metsicans I have a feeling they'll eventually release stronger WS primes as the 435 versions they have now are what we get from WOH these days. Save some PXP for those. Personally I could use a few relief pitchers to retire my all stars and maybe a 1B to replace 425 Freeman and 2B to replace 435 Altuve. 
    I have a 420 2b that needs replacing, and Sig Prime Goldy is actually not that great (prime event skill). My Stringbean Slinger and NLCS Jansen could be replaced too. Definitely not a perfect team, but I’m going to be very very picky when it comes to leveling players from now on. 
  • Options
    Feel the same way. My batters only “weak” spots are a 420 sedond base and 430 catcher. Also a couple of relievers could use an upgrade. Hopping they release higher max players soon (especially if they are primes that are cheaper to upgrade than legends)
  • Options
    Well, scratch off my previous comment about my C at 420. 
    After several weeks without buying the shitty-odds weekend boxes i decided to give it a try today with some gold i got from tapjoy. Look at what i got in my sixth box