Options

Woh

wildwillywildwilly Registered Users, Member 9 Posts
I'm new to tap an I've been struggling to get past level 3 what level batters do you need before your able to get level 5 complete any info would be great thank you.

Comments

• Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    @wildwilly it would help if you post a screenshot of your roster and let us know your tier so that the members can get a better idea of your team strength and give you some advice. 
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    @Houmy my team strength is 51350 an I just hit gold tier I have a few players top out in gold around 200 my most are sitting around 150 rating 
  • Options
    MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts

Unfortunately the news for you is not good.  I think you're going to need to spend some time working on your roster to have a real shot.  You need your top 3 hitters to be 246 or better, IMO, and even then you are going to need gold for boosts.  The gold players who crush WOH mostly have hitters who are 252+. 

In addition to general roster building tips (hooking up with a good club, maxing your upgrades, maxing your pennants, etc.), I think your best chance at quick WOH success is buying game changers and playing WOH aggressively while those GCs are boosted.   

• Options
    ReclinerRecliner Registered Users, Member 114 Posts
    @wildwilly sorry to say but I doubt you’d be able to cycle. Many have made the mistake this year of leveling up too quickly, and this seems the case for you. The last 4 pitchers in level 5 are 180+ rating for gold, yesterday being sale at 233 for 5.10. 
  • Options
    @wildwilly sorry to say but that team strength and player ratings won't be able to cycle WOH. Your best hope would be to land a few 435+ max players through the boxes for sale but if you recently started the game then you probably wouldn't have the prime XP to max them in gold tier.

If you haven't spend that much money, and played less than a month, I would just start over and stay in bronze trying to land a few 435+ players through the boxes and max them and then you'd have a good chance. The boxes would have to be players that are not just temporary boosted though, like the gamechanger boxes, as once their boost is gone then they'll be useless for level 5 of WOH.

• Options
    @Metsicans & @Recliner that's the 2nd time today what I was trying to say was already posted while I was typing mine. Not stealing your ideas as my own, I swear :D:D:D

• Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    @houmy I feel for you man. I have a club mate that is cursed for ATG. Last 3 Royales (starting with babe) he is 0 for 65 on any legend pulls, even the lower ranked ones. But on Mondays he scores the legend 2 or 3 times. Not sure how the RNG works sometimes but those numbers are just crazy too not pull any legend on that many cycles. I know you got Mayes last week but did you Carter at all in your cycles yesterday?
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    @dkarski87 thanks buddy. Not bummed about not getting Mickey but disappointed that they have made it so that you can cycle that many times and still come away with mediocre pulls as far as what you already have. Didn't get Carter either yesterday and just kept pulling Reyes & Castellanos.

This may go against popular opinion but I am not crazy at all about the ATG as it is just another way of getting you to spend more for the 1.5 needed LXP & specialized EVO. Hype something up, give it a shiny new frame and increased stats and people will go broke trying to get it just so they can feel like they belong in an elite club. 

Not throwing shade at those that have the ATG and feel special for having them. They should feel special as it is a great accomplishment and no one can take that away from them. I have one myself after all and felt pretty special when I got him. Just saying this is how companies operate to get people to spend just a little extra over what they want to spend trying to attain the unattainable. 

Not throwing shade at GLU either as they are in it for profits and that's what they are supposed to do. Just saying that I learned my lesson, I hope, with Teddy and won't participate in it any more. As I said before last night was mostly about the LXP and from now on I just plan for 5 cycles. Even the LXP is not worth sitting glued (pun definitely intended) to a screen all day. If I do more than 5 cycles it will be because I just want to play to have fun and not because I am stressing about getting a player or XP.

• Options
    @houmy bang on pal. On avg for a gold player your looking at least 8-10k gold just for evo tokens to level 1 ATG. If you pull 2 each time I think its about 8k gold maybe more. So yea there not cheap, so unless they get a second skill your almost better off sticking with 490 legends at a lower cost and xp.
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Exactly @dkarski87. I figured I could have spent the 150K LXP and then spend so much gold to max Mays in gold tier or keep the 185K LXP I have now and eventually max two regular legends. Still haven't made a move on Fisk (470) as I am happy with Contreras (430) and already have Giambi (490) and JD (485) to cover both sides of the plate for any 5.10 pitcher in WOH. Lets face it, if Giambi or JD can't handle 5.10 then it just means you aren't getting the pitches so a 520 wouldn't be able to do it either.

• Options
    ProbodybuilderProbodybuilder Registered Users 337 Posts
    Houmy said:
    Exactly @dkarski87. I figured I could have spent the 150K LXP and then spend so much gold to max Mays in gold tier or keep the 185K LXP I have now and eventually max two regular legends. Still haven't made a move on Fisk (470) as I am happy with Contreras (430) and already have Giambi (490) and JD (485) to cover both sides of the plate for any 5.10 pitcher in WOH. Lets face it, if Giambi or JD can't handle 5.10 then it just means you aren't getting the pitches so a 520 wouldn't be able to do it either.
    I have Fisk also. The thing that is cool with him is, his skill is “boost in woh”. 
  • Options
    Exactly, unless WOH goes back to a higher difficulty like it use to be. Your hitters dont really matter.  Not saying its easier by any means but for us that endured that stretch of Diaz and Neris we all know all to well what a pain that was.  But atleast if you beat it you got 1 player lol...But I see it from both sides, back then we didnt have XP boxes which are a huge help now. Thats the kicker, and probably why they haven't added a LXP level to derby. They assume everyone is playing WOH and getting a 50% shot at 5k LXP if they beat it.  But who knows....
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts

I got Mickey yesterday, my first ATG.  I agree they are a racket (or more accurately, a ploy to get you to spend when you otherwise would not).  I'm glad I have one, but at the cost of 7k gold to get him to Gold 6, as well as using up all of my lxp, it was just barely worth it.  Still, pretty cool to have a guy guaranteed to be the best player in the game for the next few months, until we all start over.

Mickey was a pure luxury for me, and I won't be leveling up another ATG because I want to save my remaining gold for future events.  That's probably good, because the chances of me ever getting another ATG are fairly low....

• Options
    Next one will be a SP if the patterns stays the course. Gibson then Babe SP... I have a few legend SP but refuse to LXP on pitchers.
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    Thank you all for the info it really helps an I was worries I leveled up to fast.