Options

Add Avg Event Scores in Profiles

nym5fannym5fan Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
I know not too many look at the suggestions section of the forums so posting this here for discussion too. 

Seeing someone's potential with the High Score in Profiles is helpful for sure. I am a fan of this new feature. 
But what would really be helpful is including an Average Event Score as well. To get a better sense of their typical output. 
I don't think it would be hard to program a log of scores over a period of time, say 8 weeks, to derive an average score for events. And I think for recruiting and other means this would be a very helpful tool. 
From Wentz he came, he shall be returned!

Comments

• Options
    bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    Honestly I like it with the most recent shown....shows trends in gameplay.  It's a quick window into whether someone belongs in the club or not.  An average can mask that, esp. for a club who is looking for an everyday player.  Everyday players don't really miss putting something up.
  • Options
    nym5fannym5fan Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    @bigvivec the high scores arent the most recent. I am also not saying take the high score away. Just suggesting add an average score over the past 8 weeks or so. 
    From Wentz he came, he shall be returned!
  • Options
    HuskerHusker Registered Users, Member 111 Posts
    I like this idea. However, I would respectfully disagree with nym5fan - the high scores ARE the most recent, which is really a reason why the feature would be helpful. I don't know why they wouldn't be able to post both most recent and average - that'd be the truest picture. It's funny - I'm not in a regular club but I am obsessed with those numbers. I struggle mentally on Monday and Wednesdays whether to cycle WOH multiple times or slow play the bonus guy ti maximize club points, even when my club finish is locked, just because I want my numbers to be as high as possible if someone searches my profile.
  • Options
    bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    nym5fan said:
    @bigvivec the high scores arent the most recent. I am also not saying take the high score away. Just suggesting add an average score over the past 8 weeks or so. 
    On one hand I can see your point in that an average is a more accurate description of any statistical grouping.  However, for our particular application, all that matters for me is recent history, latest high score for these reasons:
    1.  In this game changes occur quickly;  cycle WOH a few times today and a given player could have 3-4 brand new players/brand new squad.  Players that were starters 8 weeks ago have since been traded away.
    2. So far the only practical use I've had for the statistics is to quickly evaluate new members to the club.  In a blink you can look at their lineup then their stats over the last week and get enough of an idea of whether they belong or not.  Outside of that I only look at the stats out of curiosity and in that case they don't much matter anyway in my opinion.  
    I like it as it is, but to add another line with say a 4 week average would make it even better I suppose, so long as it didn't take the place of recent results.