Options

Need verification for accidental gold expenditures really, really badly

JabberJabber Registered Users, Member 4 Posts
It is beyond frustrating to spend good money on gold, only to have it wasted because of an accidental purchase.  This is especially true because the game lags sometimes, which then causes the accidental purchases.

I've wasted thousands of gold this year through these unintentional "purchases", and GLU will not refund me.  It's incredibly frustrating, and I wonder if it's intentional.

PLEASE put in a confirmation box ("Do you really wish to buy XXXX for YYYY amount of gold?  YES/NO") so we can avoid these accidents.  Or at least put that in if the item is 100 gold or more.

Comments

• Options
    bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    LOL....not in a million years.  Look thru the various pages and notice how many buy buttons are strategically located in prime spots for accidental pokes.  It's 100% by design.
  • Options
    tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    Agree.
    And they want us to keep accidentally spending gold so that we keep buying more to replace the lost amount.
  • Options
    bravesfanlabravesfanla Registered Users, Member 249 Posts
    It’s in the company’s game design plans to place the buttons where they place them. It’s standard across Glu games. It’s also technically illegal as defined by regulations in certain areas. The problem is, companies know the average user will not and can not hold them liable. 
    The FTC is currently involved in a plethora of cases concerning this scenario. “Freemium” games such as this one are supposed to follow an unregulated rule where purchases go through a verification system. Such a system has yet to be legally defined.

Thus, they can and will bend you over and take your money without thinking twice. It’s on you if you allow them to. 
    Tap tap tap tap it in
  • Options
    bravesfanlabravesfanla Registered Users, Member 249 Posts
    A few years ago, Glu’s Kim Kardashian game started the whole “verification system” debate. And they have masterfully dodged prettty much every bullet fired at them. 
    Tap tap tap tap it in
  • Options
    jays8631jays8631 Registered Users, Member 22 Posts
    I accidentally spend gold almost everyday. It’s very frustrating 
  • Options
    JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    One time I accidentally bought one of those multi-pack draft pick things for like 2500 gold. I was not happy haha.
  • Options
    whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    One time, at band camp ....
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • Options
    nym5fannym5fan Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    @whynot don't' tell me it was the flute! lol
    From Wentz he came, he shall be returned!