Options

Chances on cycling

jpuck6190jpuck6190 Registered Users, Member 156 Posts
so after getting bored at silver i finally jumped to gold in hopes of cycling on mondays. I always planned on riding silver out all year but i just couldnt cycle no matter what i did. I went into this knowing it would be hard to catch up based on my roster. I had 19 primes and 5 legends at the time and carried over around half a million blue xp, 300k prime, and 150k legend. Ive traded in who i thought was worthless and now im to a point where i feel close but just shy of the xp i needed to max everyone. Heres my lineup now. How far off do you guys think i am. A couple weeks is what i was thinking once i can max everyone. Or am i just wasting my time until i pull an all time great?

Comments

• Options

• Options
    Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    You should be just fine from the get-go.  Not going to be able to cycle at will but no reason you can't beat WOH with that lineup.  

If you aren't already in one, I would try to get in a Diamond club as there is a lot of Prime XP at stake on Club vs. Club days.
  • Options
    JdotChristopherJdotChristopher Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    No doubt.  I was cycling with the same type of lineup a while back.  It took some time and persistence to get over the hump some weeks, but you can make it happen with what you have.  
  • Options
    bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    IMO pick two stud LHB and Two RHB and max them and pump ups their skills.  
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    @jpuck6190 I would definitely not waste any more LXP (Legend XP) on Belle or Matthews as they are both 440-445 players if I am not wrong. I am saying "waste" here not because they aren't great additions to any lineup but with the low max and LXP being so hard to find you just can't afford to level them up in gold.

I am also guessing you got Garvey from CVC after you had already leveled up Matthews & Belle so that is just bad timing as at 490 he would be a beast for WOH. For now I would save any LXP I get for Garvey and keep Chipper at 9. I forget was Davis a 470 or 490? If he's higher than 470 then I would try and max him before leveling up Garvey. 

The pitch selection for WOH has been changing this past Monday & Wednesday and I think everyone who cycled will agree that yesterday we saw a lot less curveballs in the evening versus earlier in the day. If they keep the pitcher ratings low and don't bombard us with curveballs in the future events then one or two 475 Gamechangers, along with your line up, should at the very least give you a few good cycles. Just keep an eye out on this weekend's bonus batter boxes and if there are any Blue XP higher max players like last week then more than likely they will have them in WOH prize pool as well and those would be the best you, or anyone else, can hope for.

These are just what I would try with that lineup, which is a very impressive lineup BTW, and I could be wrong on some of the points. Just what I would suggest.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    Thanks for the responses guys @Houmy you nailed it on garvey pulled him from cvc after i had spent that xp and it was a good while where i didnt pull a legend so i figured what the hell. The only reason i leveled mathews up at silver is because he was a good switch hitter to have in the lineup. I think in 300 games hes batting like .435 with a 1350 ops but i definately am not planning on using anymore on him. Davis is also a 500 max(surprising i know) so thats who i was planning on working on next he also has the extra skill. Its good to know i at least have a chance now. Cycling is really the only thing i feel like i have left to do in this game everything else is getti g a little old to me.
  • Options
    You should be just fine from the get-go.  Not going to be able to cycle at will but no reason you can't beat WOH with that lineup.  

If you aren't already in one, I would try to get in a Diamond club as there is a lot of Prime XP at stake on Club vs. Club days.
    Luckily im in a great club with the same guys all season we have a main club thats diamond, and a sister club that people jump to when they need to level up and get some evo. That prime xp in cvc is a real difference maker. Especially with a 90%ish club win rate
  • Options
    Update... cycled yesterday with 0 gold what are the odds lol. Thanks for yalls input
  • Options
    bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    edited November 2018
    Get anyone good - someone who helps your team?
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    @bigvivec sadly cervelli and i already have a 435 max leon who hits switch so i traded him in to use the xp on my new 2 skill acuna lol.

the royale i had much more trouble with only got past kluber twice no matter what i did so i got mad and gave up.
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    This would definitely help anyone on 5.10. Available in the specials sections for $30.00 for a short time

"Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    edited November 2018
    @Houmy i picked up him and acuna this week. I had 28k gold saved up hoping the fan rewards would be good but they suck in my opinion so im holding out for some prime and legend xp deals.

hes batting .700 with a 2.500 ops through 7 games lol and thats only at gold 2