Options

Best/worst ways to spend your gold:

Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
Gold is king in this game, yet 5K gold in the hands of someone who uses it wisely is more useful than 20K in the hands of someone who doesn't.   I think spending gold efficiently is an underrated part of this game so I just wanted to get your thoughts/additions on the best and worst bang for your buck in this game when it comes to gold:

Best:  
-  CVC, especially for diamond clubs.  Say you spend 500 gold to win MVP and High score.  The 2 MVP boxes alone are worth far more than that, and if you draw 10K legend XP from premium XP boxes that's probably a 3K investment in legend XP boxes.  But you have to pick and choose your battles, or the gold is wasted if it doesn't pay off.

- WOH boosts.  But again, only if it directly leads to you clearing, or allows say 7 cycles in a day instead of 4.  If you're constantly spending gold on boosts on your team that has little chance of clearing WOH, it really falls into the worst investments category.

-  Some boxes.  For instance, a box with only 2 prizes, a bonus player and 3000 Prime XP for 500 gold is better than risking for other boxes with inferior prizes.

Worst investments:

- Franchise coins.  I'm sure I don't need to explain why the sticker price of 10 franchise coins for 2500 gold is insane

- Draft picks.  

I know many of these are dependent on the situation, your team, etc.

Comments

• Options
    bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    Best:
    • Speeding up Season mode cycling - eve, pennants, bxp, pxp, lxp, slugger draft picks....don't care about the rest much
    • Game Changer/PotW boxes - helps the club a lot on Tues, Thurs and lately on CvC bonuses
    • Boosts on WOH for the final 2, occasionally on 4.10 when the pitcher is being a beeotch....if you aren't getting by the rest without boosts, you probably are just spinning your wheels
    • Levelling up players (obviously)
    • CvC boosts regardless of personal gain - it helps the club is enough for me
    • Prime streaking, esp. when carrying a bonus player or two

Last one is a hotly debated subject, but I still allocate a portion of funds for the Prime boxes on weekends and mid week.  Getting a bonus player out of these will help the club a lot and sometimes you double dip and get a player who counts for the CvC bonus as well.  Ain't much for team building or those focused on personal gains and advancement of their squad, but is a solid team move esp. when it pays off.

Worst?  Just being wasteful.....being stubborn on boxes and determined to break an unwinning  string.  Autoplaying WOH final three on each level.....for me the biggest waste is betting on the big ticket/low yield boxes; I know you "gotta be in it to win it" but I know it wasn't uncommon for guys to go a couple few hundred real dollars deep into chasing ATGs for instance, then hitting the evo afterwards.  Anything beyond gold level is a waste for me in my eyes since I can't really see the benefit at all, but see LOTS of drawbacks - just seems wasteful to me and exceeds the reward models of the game by a fair margin.

Probably the biggest true "waste" of gold, however small, is the 4 bar charge per post on Global.....I just can't see myself paying 4 bars to say "Hey, any girls on here want to chat....PM me."  LOL
  • Options
    Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    Agreed about season mode.  I double up on my season mode games all the time and play 8 every 8 hours for 150 gold instead of just 4 free ones.  It's about 10 grand gold every 4 weeks to do this.  But you come out ahead during that same time frame by 20000 LXP, 20000 prime XP, 23000 RXP, 120 EVO, plus tens of thousands of pennants.  Well worth the cost.
  • Options
    LudwigMonsterLudwigMonster Registered Users, Member 381 Posts
    Great tips!