Options

Skill Level Boosts

ThumbstersThumbsters Registered Users, Member 267 Posts
edited December 2018 in General TSB Discussion
I am in need of a little insight.

It costs 25,000 Prime XP to upgrade from 10% Skill Level Boost to 11% Skill Level Boost. 
Does anybody know what it costs to upgrade from 11% to 12%, 12% to 13%, etc...

Please post a link or any insight you may have on this subject.

Thank you, 
Thumbsters

Comments

• Options
    nym5fannym5fan Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    an arm and a leg!
    I'm not sure the evo to go from 11% to 12%, but then it is 5k lxp, 10k lxp, 25k lxp, 50 evo, 1500 gold, and I never went further. 
    From Wentz he came, he shall be returned!
  • Options
    Thank you @nym5fan

I will gladly accept any further insight that some of you may have.
  • Options
    jpuck6190jpuck6190 Registered Users, Member 156 Posts
  • Options
    Thank you @jpuck6190
  • Options
    thickagethickage Registered Users, Member 227 Posts
    nym5fan said:
    an arm and a leg!
    I'm not sure the evo to go from 11% to 12%, but then it is 5k lxp, 10k lxp, 25k lxp, 50 evo, 1500 gold, and I never went further. 
    After 1500 gold it's 3000 gold, 4500 gold, and 80 EVO.
  • Options
    chainblueltngchainblueltng Registered Users, Member 188 Posts
    anyone know if the hot hitter skill is worth leveling for woh
  • Options
    LudwigMonsterLudwigMonster Registered Users, Member 381 Posts
    I haven't taken any of my players past the 15000 xp mark. Going beyond that seems a little too pricey for the payoff.
  • Options
    Thank you @thickage. Very useful information moving forward.
  • Options
    whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    anyone know if the hot hitter skill is worth leveling for woh
    I was wondering that too, the only way you could tell if your hitter is hot I think is if he’s leading your season in avg...
  • Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts

• Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    @chainblueltng IMO, the 'hot hitter' bonus skill isn't a skill worth investing in. Resources can be tough and it's more ideal to invest those resources elsewhere. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    @Bigpredfan have we seen any players with the bases loaded or empty skills yet? I don't recall having seen them yet.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Houmy said:
    @Bigpredfan have we seen any players with the bases loaded or empty skills yet? I don't recall having seen them yet.
    I don’t recall any empty base skill players. Bases loaded I had one, but it was so long ago it was POTM Didi Gregorius from APRIL!  Needless to say he isn’t on my roster anymore. 
  • Options
    fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    I think I remember having a POTW Gattis with w bases loaded skill awhile back. I have never seen a bases empty skill however...
  • Options
    whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    Thanks, so I’ll stick with the regular hitting upgrades.
  • Options
    bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    Houmy said:
    I don’t recall any empty base skill players. Bases loaded I had one, but it was so long ago it was POTM Didi Gregorius from APRIL!  Needless to say he isn’t on my roster anymore. 
    Nickname box All Starlin has it;  buried in my inactives somewhere.  
  • Options
    MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    Houmy said:

The ALCS Jackie Bradley had the bases loaded skill too. Pretty sure I’ve never seen a bases empty skill. 
  • Options
    If I remember correctly, the Jbj had bases empty and a few have had the bases loaded skill.
  • Options
    DFBB said:
    If I remember correctly, the Jbj had bases empty and a few have had the bases loaded skill.
    Pretty sure JBJ was bases loaded because he had a few postseason bases loaded hits including two in the ALCS (the ALCS version is the one I am referring to). I had him but cut him so I can’t confirm.... 
  • Options
    ProbodybuilderProbodybuilder Registered Users 337 Posts

• Options
    Thanks for the s/s @Probodybuilder. Funny thing, I still thought it was bases empty when I first saw the picture. In the future,I will try that reading thingamajigy.  :#
  • Options
    Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    Yeah I had JBJ before trading him in.  Just a terrible skill IMO.  Prime event skill is worthless to me too, although I'm sure useful for some.  

Best skills IMO -- I like late innings by far the best, WOH is a good one, and the RHP/LHP are just as useful except you need the right matchup.  RISP is nice, but only for certain levels of WOH, typically not 5-10.

I'm going to be far wiser in 2019 about not blowing resources on worthless skills.

Though to truly evaluate skills we really need to know whether or not the boosts do indeed activate or de-activate between ABs in WOH as the situation changes,  which to my knowledge still remains a mystery.
  • Options
    Yeah I had JBJ before trading him in.  Just a terrible skill IMO.  Prime event skill is worthless to me too, although I'm sure useful for some.  

Best skills IMO -- I like late innings by far the best, WOH is a good one, and the RHP/LHP are just as useful except you need the right matchup.  RISP is nice, but only for certain levels of WOH, typically not 5-10.

I'm going to be far wiser in 2019 about not blowing resources on worthless skills.

Though to truly evaluate skills we really need to know whether or not the boosts do indeed activate or de-activate between ABs in WOH as the situation changes,  which to my knowledge still remains a mystery.

They really should tell us when skills activate in the middle of an at bat. The two out Williams, for example, really doesn’t seem to do appreciably better than his one skill doppelgänger, and I spent a lot of lxp and other resources getting his skills to 15 and 14. I’d really like to know if the two out skill has any impact at all. Same with RISP, for example with the OBP Votto, whose double skill is RISP. 
  • Options
    ProbodybuilderProbodybuilder Registered Users 337 Posts
    I just noticed i have a player inactive with skill for “season mode”.  Now thats bad 
  • Options
    I just noticed i have a player inactive with skill for “season mode”.  Now thats bad 
    Yes, easily the worst skill. That’s a rare one at least. 
  • Options
     Bases empty skill
  • Options
    Bases empty skill