Options

At least PRETEND to care, GLU!

thickagethickage Registered Users, Member 227 Posts
Selling gold in multiples of 4 (400, 880, etc.) is just a slap in the face when you then visit the store and find most boxes cost at least 500. There's no mystery there as this is an obvious cash grab on Glu's part. "Force them to buy at least two stacks of gold!!! Or a heap!"

While we're talking boxes, charging 1700 gold for a legend box (which basically amount to $20 cash - the amount of gold you'd need to buy to purchase the box) and only having a 35/1000 chance (3.5%) chance of actually pulling a legend is INSANE. At those odds we're talking about purchasing the box 25 times (25 x $20 = $500) to meet the average chance of acquiring the legend. Sure, I can buy four mountains of gold to help shave those costs down a bit ($400).  What's absolute BONKERS to me is that there's a 30% chance you're only going to pull 4,000 XP or 7 EVO tokens for this 1700 gold investment. That is absolute SHENANIGANS at its core. 

Meanwhile, if your team spends $ to acquire bonus players, then levels them up and grinds for an entire weekend, they may be lucky enough to grab 200 gold bars as a reward. About 2 months of grinding you finally get enough gold stashed to take a shot at that 1700 gold legend box and, BOOM, you guessed it - 4000 XP! 100 hours of grinding for 4000 XP. 

UNBELIEVABLE. THIS IS THE EQUIVALENT TO PRICE GOUGING. AT LEAST ADMIT IT OR, BETTER YET, FIXXXXXXXXXXXXX IT!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    thickagethickage Registered Users, Member 227 Posts
    Oh, forgot to mention that you removed the video boosts every other game to force us to spend gold for boosts in just another example of Glu sticking it to us. Glu has NO regard for the user experience - Glu only cares about how much many they can steal from their customers. Prove me wrong, Glu!
  • Options
    MadswagooMadswagoo Registered Users, Member 193 Posts
    We compete at the high levels, always hit all the tiers but all 20 of us decided to not buy a single box. I think the cool hair, sunglasses, gold chains, beards, mustaches etc. etc. said it all. It’s a Veto Weekend !