Options

Royale Multiplier Reveal BS

nym5fannym5fan Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
I don't know if anyone else has taken the time to look, or have noticed what happens to your club after the Royale Multipliers are revealed... But after yesterday it was hard for everyone in my club not to notice. 

We lead in 1st place the ENTIRE day up to 8:59pm ET. We have a 60+ million point lead on 2nd place who had 90 million points total. 

Multipliers come out showing Tournies has 4x and the rest have 1x. And all the sudden we are in 27th place and down over a BILLION pts. And all the same clubs we are used to seeing at the top are right there, when we didn't see them in the standings prior to the reveal.

If the club behind us had 90 million and the multiplier was 4x, how in the H.E.L.L did we drop to 27th and have a BILLION pt deficit? 

One Theory was they merge all of the brackets into 1 bracket. So I left with my 2nd team at this point since rewards didn't matter anymore and join some random Diamond club. Totally different set of top 20 clubs. So that theory went out the window. 

Glu should not be moving clubs into different brackets mid event. Our guys burned through tons of resources working on that lead and we get the bait and switch move and no chance at even a top 10. C'mon that aint right!
From Wentz he came, he shall be returned!

Comments

• Options
    JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited December 2018
    After I had time to think about it a little more, it seems like it may be a form of punishment for / prevention of doing reset clubs. The whole reason people are doing bronze clubs on those days is so they get easy brackets. If the top bronze clubs are now just going to be thrown to the wolves at multiplier reveal, then there's no longer any point to doing reset clubs.
  • Options
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    After I had time to think about it a little more, it seems like it may be a form of punishment for / prevention of doing reset clubs. The whole reason people are doing bronze clubs on those days is so they get easy brackets. If the top bronze clubs are now just going to be thrown to the wolves at multiplier reveal, then there's no longer any point to doing reset clubs.
    But in the Diamond tier bracket our usual club is in, we can't compete with all the loading and hacking the top 10-20 clubs are doing, so if true that this is a prevention of doing reset clubs, we have no chance with what they are doing to the brackets at the reveal. And we should just take our pill and bend over not trying to win? Isn't the game about trying to win and EARN rewards? Glu wonders why there are so many people loading and hacking their game... its because teams and clubs that try to do it the legit way, get a giant steamy turd in their face and Glu smiles and laughs about it. 
  • Options
    cubschampions2016cubschampions2016 Registered Users, Member 117 Posts
    nym5fan said:
    I don't know if anyone else has taken the time to look, or have noticed what happens to your club after the Royale Multipliers are revealed... But after yesterday it was hard for everyone in my club not to notice. 

We lead in 1st place the ENTIRE day up to 8:59pm ET. We have a 60+ million point lead on 2nd place who had 90 million points total. 

Multipliers come out showing Tournies has 4x and the rest have 1x. And all the sudden we are in 27th place and down over a BILLION pts. And all the same clubs we are used to seeing at the top are right there, when we didn't see them in the standings prior to the reveal.

If the club behind us had 90 million and the multiplier was 4x, how in the H.E.L.L did we drop to 27th and have a BILLION pt deficit? 

One Theory was they merge all of the brackets into 1 bracket. So I left with my 2nd team at this point since rewards didn't matter anymore and join some random Diamond club. Totally different set of top 20 clubs. So that theory went out the window. 

Glu should not be moving clubs into different brackets mid event. Our guys burned through tons of resources working on that lead and we get the bait and switch move and no chance at even a top 10. C'mon that aint right!
    This has happened to all the clubs I have ever been in on Royale days. We always go from top 5 to top 50. I think they redo the brackets on how many points you have so the top teams get put into the same bracket leading to this. So there are still multiple brackets but the top guys are in the same bracket. 
  • Options
    @cubschampions2016 it doesn't seem to matter what event or what scenario. Those clubs are always at the top and we all know very well that there is no way they put up the points they do by playing the game legitimately. But the little guys like @Metsicans who accidentally scores too many points in a game get jailed. BS
  • Options
    thickagethickage Registered Users, Member 227 Posts
    We were in 2nd place then got shafted to 28th.  Had we known Kurt Suzuki would impact the entire day...

The only thing the multiplier reveal has done is discourage us from playing the event in the future. Some people spent thousands of gold to get impact players only to be outdone by a Suzuki throw away player in the horrendous tourneys. 
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    @thickage it wasn't like we avoided the tourney event either. we had guys with the pitcher and ice wraps (myself included) that put up 30+ million (combined) in that event. But unless everyone in the club had Suzuki and the bonus pitcher there was no way we could put up 1 billion points. let alone a few billion points. Only way to do that is to be loading/hacking in the entire club and all know that tourney was the big multiplier. 

For 1 billion pts yesterday, you would have needed all 20 members to do 12.5 million avg in tourney event. So the top club had guys avg 25 million in tourney? BS. No way all 20 get the bonus for tourney and all 20 avg 25 million without cheating. 
  • Options
    thickagethickage Registered Users, Member 227 Posts
    @nym5fan - Totally understand as our club is in the same boat. We had 20 guys grinding for hours and playing each event equally but, like you said, you’d have to know how the multipliers were laid out or exploit the game some other way to focus all that energy on tourneys and pick the weakest guy in the box (Suzuki) to level up.  

Really took the wind out of our sails.

At this point we will focus most of our energy on Monday WOH and CVC events and avoid the other shananigans. 
  • Options
    MadswagooMadswagoo Registered Users, Member 193 Posts
    I've seen events start with new box players and by 12:03pm a club have 27 million..Sorry..but that is mathematically impossible. 1.To buy a box, 2. get lucky on the first pick, 3. upgrade him, 4.then auto-play in a mere 180 SECONDS..Cmon..Show me how that is legit !!  Yesterday, In our bracket we hovered at 17 all day. 9:00pm got launched to 61. We are 100% legit club tapping for years now and its disgraceful.
    Club that finished 1st had 4,532,985,638 assuming they have 20 members thats 226 Million per player..
  • Options
    Madswagoo said:
    I've seen events start with new box players and by 12:03pm a club have 27 million..Sorry..but that is mathematically impossible. 1.To buy a box, 2. get lucky on the first pick, 3. upgrade him, 4.then auto-play in a mere 180 SECONDS..Cmon..Show me how that is legit !!  Yesterday, In our bracket we hovered at 17 all day. 9:00pm got launched to 61. We are 100% legit club tapping for years now and its disgraceful.
    Club that finished 1st had 4,532,985,638 assuming they have 20 members thats 226 Million per player..
    226 mill per player assuming they knew and all played tournies, that is 56.5 million avg per team in that club. 

No effing way that is possible if you play this game with these odds without cheating. Just no way!
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    This is a weekly issue for our club. It's like clockwork. We're in first all day and after the 'reveal,' we're anywhere from 20th-40th. As a result, we basically ignore bonus players and just focus on making our teams better through WoH. Nobody slow plays and we still hit all tiers. It was definitely frustrating as heck, but we've just come to accept it for what it is.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    Well GLU is not getting another penny from me until this crap changes. I can't logically justify spending money in a game that is not fair and is not open to the users with how they do business in the game. 

I have a good team and I will ride it to the end as is. If '19 is all they same as this year with "superclubs" of loaders and hackers, then I will probably just start spending more time with the wife and kids... I'm sure they won't complain. Or maybe they will... idk. 

What I do know is GLU gets no more of my money.