Options

New year's Eve WoH: I need a drink. Lol

124Next

Comments

• Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I had quite the day. Trout was amazing all day! He was 16/21 vs Juan and I pulled a legend five times...and I still have four boxes to open! I'm going to wait for the ATG boost, then take Gibson to b10, and trade him in for Evo. Also, I'm pumped that I saved 64k lxp by pulling Earnie a total of three times! #LLTrout #cappedbonusskills 

If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    snowy24snowy24 Registered Users, Member 304 Posts
    Good day for me. Picked up Edwin, Banks and tons of XP. Haven’t had a WOH day like this in a month. I guess upping skills for Ruth helped.
  • Options
    Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    10:59 p.m I failed 5-10 and watched the restart video and it glitched and crashed the app.  Fitting end to the day.
  • Options
    Did anyone use Edwin on 5-10 after winning him?  I would think he might have been reasonably successful if he were maxed out and his boosts high enough.
  • Options
    ThumbstersThumbsters Registered Users, Member 267 Posts
    @Wicked0Wildcats did not use Edwin on 5.10 but he was good against Verlander. Verlander’s peculiar RHP w/skill boost vsLHB was not active vs Edwin. Meanwhile, The Parrot had double barrel skill boost fully loaded during WoH.

Encarnacion is one of those rare, 2 skill, always active during WoH, non-Outfielder, that uses standard Blue XP. These type of guys have the most value in this game. 
  • Options
    DFBB said:
    I had quite the day. Trout was amazing all day! He was 16/21 vs Juan and I pulled a legend five times...and I still have four boxes to open! I'm going to wait for the ATG boost, then take Gibson to b10, and trade him in for Evo. Also, I'm pumped that I saved 64k lxp by pulling Earnie a total of three times! #LLTrout #cappedbonusskills 

@DFBB
    LL Trout is such a luxury,  one that has eluded me.  What GLU likes to do on 5-10 now is match you up with a righty who is tough on lefties.  So your traditional righties still don't work, and even your power lefties struggle greatly.   Enter LL Trout with double RHP boost, the perfect counter to this.  Not that other hitters can't do it, but no one comes close to LL Trout in these situations.
  • Options
    cubschampions2016cubschampions2016 Registered Users, Member 117 Posts
    I had the best day ever today. 5 cycles along with 4 after getting the Ted who was a beast all day. Got atg bob gibson, Encarnacion twice, choo twice. Went from 96k team strength at silver to 106k team strength in one day. Lots of xp also. 
  • Options
    redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I started hot today with 4 cycles in 10 tries, then proceeded to go 1-16 the rest of the day.  I need to get evo for a few of my mashers, starting with Trout, Gallo, and maybe Lindor or EE and at least get 2 guys to 14/14 skills, 6% may not sound like much but maybe that extra 25 or 30 overall improves my winning percentage some.  I got EE, Choo, and Zobrist x3, also a side note I’m possibly looking for a club.  I put up a heavy round in CvC and someone apparently didn’t like it and since games are supposed to be fun instead of telling him what I think about him I merely took my bats and went home.
  • Options
    SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    Had a ruff start with Marichal going 0-3 but then all was right with the world and finished 3-6. My problem is my device and the app. I did a factory reset hoping to improve the app stability but it made things waaaaay worse. 15-20 crashes trying to open the game before it would stay and I could nurse my way thru a level, then crash 15-20 times and try the next level....ate up a bunch of time. I got Edwin first time which was great and then Choo X2 (which is a Choo Choo) unfortunately the last two times. I cycle but very very rarely pull one of the top dogs from the box. Anyway still beating 5.10 with BF Yelich but now have Holiday TW currently at Gold 8. Need so much resources, but first need to stabilize the app.
    It's all done with mirrors
  • Options
    bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    edited January 2019
    Ok despite all my pissing and moaning today I did clear a second time and I got Edwin.  I was initially disappointed but on closer inspection...

A 490 max with double late inning skill who uses blue XP?  Am I missing something?  That seems...really valuable.
    He’s a hammer too....322 power rating gold 10.  Will be part of the WOH squad from now on.  

I got him and the crime dog dog from the box today.  When it rains it pours.
  • Options
    Babybombers9Babybombers9 Registered Users, Member 212 Posts
    END OF YEAR WALK-OFF HERO REPORT

I gotta say I was pretty annoyed early with this one. Took a couple hours to cycle the first time. Got Kluber up to Gold 5 hoping I could cycle 5 times to top him off. But ended up cycling 6 times! (using Best Friend Yelich...yes I know it's not supposed to  Yelich but really we are that kinda tight). It was weird how it was super hard early but lessened up around 6-8pm for me. Pulled Encarnacion who filled the Grand Canyon sized hole at first base for me (Was using the Blowout prime Hosmer who I refused to level past silver 10). That guy looks like he will be a WOH stud. Already had Zobrist (pulled him thrice) and pulled Choo twice. If not for the holiday and need to be social I would have enjoyed just playing a few more hours to see what happened!
  • Options
    bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    GUESS WHOS **** 0-14 NOW WHAT THE **** HELL IS WRONG WIT U **** PIECE OS SHIT GLU NEW YEARS MY ASS GO FUCKINMG DIE IN A HOLE
    So how did it work out in the end?  I feel your frustration and while I cycles several times today itbis to the point that you need a team like mine heavy with legends and ATGs to get it done.  The new standard is 510max for a finisher, with ATGs and TW giving a margin of advantage.  Anything less you’ll have to grind, and less than 480max you’ll need a rainbow, unicorn and a leprechaun.....
  • Options
    tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    Cycled 3 times yesterday (not a lot of time for tapping) and zobrist, choo and banks.
    Only Klueber will be on my team. Good xp farming and i only spent like 1k gold in retries, so not too bad.
  • Options
    jpuck6190jpuck6190 Registered Users, Member 156 Posts
    am i the only one who was suprised edwins hit wasnt higher? I was expecting at least 300. Semi disappointed once i leveled him up.
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    @Wildcat808, EE is good for obvious reasons, but he's kind of like the jack of all trades, master of none type.

To reiterate, i don't think people realize how amazing Earnie is. He's not an ideal WoH, but he's so good for all other modes. In particular, he's an absolute CvC beast!
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    PINKYSTARFISHPINKYSTARFISH Registered Users, Member 99 Posts
    DFBB said:
    @Wildcat808, EE is good for obvious reasons, but he's kind of like the jack of all trades, master of none type.

To reiterate, i don't think people realize how amazing Earnie is. He's not an ideal WoH, but he's so good for all other modes. In particular, he's an absolute CvC beast!
    Agreed on Banks . I'm good from the right side in WOH already , so I lvled him just for that reason.