Options

Game Changer players

ryandavis94ryandavis94 Registered Users, Member 31 Posts
edited January 2019 in General TSB Discussion
I just stocked my lineup with these game changer players this week, was so excited because of how good they were and didn’t realize these players were only temporarily boosted players. So as a result I dropped three players completely out of my lineup that had a max overall of 365 and now all of the sudden these game changers are max over all 350 and now my team is way worse off with these scrubs in my lineup. Before this I had one hole in my lineup at second base, and now after this mishap I have 4 holes in my lineup. This has seriously affected my team and now I can’t even fix it. Not cool man 🤦🏻‍♂️ Any one else do anything similar to this or am I the only idiot who didn’t realize these players were only temporarily boosted? I’m stuck with THREE of them now. Significant downgrade from the players I replaced them with and removed completely from my lineup. I’m like really really pissed off about this. Lol. Like so angry. I wanna let my anger out on GLU but it says right on the box “Temporarily boosted players”. Another question I have is why would anyone even want that? Like why would GLU even make temporarily boosted players a thing!? And why would they think people would like that?!   Give me max overall 370 Aaron Nola, 365 max overall David Bote and max overall 405 Hunter Pence back I don’t want max 350 Mike Foltnewicz, Miguel Andujar and Yasiel Puig 😭 this is absurd. I am so triggered.  

Comments

• Options
    chainblueltngchainblueltng Registered Users, Member 188 Posts
    it says right there next to the box. temporary boosted. theyre the offseason potw.  you should have asked thst question before dropping them. they are very useful for cvc and bonus evevents on tues thurs. theyre clearly rentals. 1100 for a week long stud is a goid deal. the boxes you can win if you think about it could save you thousands of gold.  but anyway youll get better guys to replace themq
  • Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Think about it for a minute. Let’s think about this logically. 

Why would anyone gone spend money to get legends and primes if Game changers never lost their boost?  Legend and prime XP is getting harder to come by for those who don’t cycle WOH. 

The only time these boxes will give you a player beyond 1 week is very early in the year when you are building your team. 
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    @Bigpredfan @chainblueltng Yes I realize it was a bonehead move on my end lol I wasn’t trying to say it wasn’t. But I have three special edition players that max our way higher than the four prime players I have in my lineup, so at the end of the day it wasn’t that unreasonable for me to think that they were just that good. Now that I look back on it I realize that it says they are temporarily boosted, but it doesn’t make me any less angry about the whole thing. Lol. The way I go about building my team is to try to make my team as good as possible for the long run, I don’t really have much competition with who I play these days anyways so I just don’t see the need to have these boosted rental players at all, maybe some people do, but I absolutely don’t. 
  • Options
    Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    edited January 2019
    During the season I typically go for POTM over POTW players.  Drop rate and box price is not much different and they'll benefit you for much longer.  

As others mentioned the benefit is that they are much easier to obtain for the price, and particularly early on in the season they can make the difference between passing or failing WOH.
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    @ryandavis94 I am sorry you traded away your other players. Unfortunately some don't notice that GC players are only temporary boosted as replacements to POTW & POTM. If you can cycle WOH though you can probably replace them but even if not the game is winding down anyway so I wouldn't beat myself up over it too much.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    ReadingFightingPhilsReadingFightingPhils Registered Users, Member 305 Posts
    @ryandavis94 If you want the players you dropped back, you can talk to customer support through the app and they will normally return the players as a one time solution
  • Options
    @ReadingFightingPhils Really? How do they go about doing it? Do I just tell them what players I want back and who I want them switched out for? 
  • Options
    @Houmy Yeah well I’ll sure as hell not make that mistake again. Hahha. It really was just a lack of paying attention to what I was really doing on my end. 
  • Options
    ReadingFightingPhilsReadingFightingPhils Registered Users, Member 305 Posts
    @ryandavis94 Just explain that you accidentally deleted the players through the ingame chat.  They have a record of everything.  They can give them back as a 1 time courtesy.  
  • Options
    stevebalbonistevebalboni Registered Users, Member 108 Posts
    Yeh. I accidentally traded in a player and they replaced it. They can see exactly what and when you traded them in. 

POTW/POTM/GC is one of my favorite features of the game, as they are bonus players in tues-thurs events. Not permanent roster builders. 
  • Options
    @stevebalboni yeah I guess I could see it being helpful for that purpose if you have the room on your roster to bench the players you would normally have in their spot temporarily then reinsert then when they are no longer boosted. The problem I have is my bench is 100 percent comprised of prime players that will eventually be my starters once I am able to upgrade them to the point where they are better than my non prime players that I have in my current lineup. Unfortunately upgrading prime players is so expensive and takes so long that they end up sitting on my bench for quite some time before I am able to make them starting caliber.  
  • Options
    Does anyone know why my temporarily boosted Yasiel Puig is still boosted but the other two game changers I got aren’t anymore? Do some of the game changers last longer than the others? 
  • Options
    @ReadingFightingPhils I just messaged them saying exactly that. Hopefully they do it 🤞🏼
  • Options
    they last a week. they are off season potw. puig is boosted till tuesday. the other guys were 2 weeks ago. pretty self explanatory. im not sure why 75% of the guys cant grasp the temporary part. if they stayed 490 every other player would be obsolete and no one would buy anything but game changers
  • Options
    @chainblueltng I’m not saying it’s not self explanatory, I stated in this post that I made a boneheaded move by not paying attention to the fact that these players were temporarily boosted. Doesn’t mean I can’t be mad about the situation though. Lol. 
  • Options
    now you know  never trade in a player for a game changer. NEVER 
  • Options
    @chainblueltng oh well of course. Lol. Like I said I never would have done it had I been paying attention to the fact that they were all temporary boosted players. I pulled franchise Jose Altuve and my first Legend player today within five minutes of each other and was able to gold max both of them out so that it more than made up for it. I’m pumped. 
  • Options
    blessing in disguise. the 445 are the new 375 so you didn't lose out terribly in the first place
  • Options
    @chainblueltng true. I’ve been trying to pull a legend for the longest time and I pulled him on a legendary draft pick of all places. I never get anything on draft picks. Unless it’s prime only or something like that. 
  • Options
    adam007adam007 Registered Users, Member 23 Posts
    I just stocked my lineup with these game changer players this week, was so excited because of how good they were and didn’t realize these players were only temporarily boosted players. So as a result I dropped three players completely out of my lineup that had a max overall of 365 and now all of the sudden these game changers are max over all 350 and now my team is way worse off with these scrubs in my lineup. Before this I had one hole in my lineup at second base, and now after this mishap I have 4 holes in my lineup. This has seriously affected my team and now I can’t even fix it. Not cool man 🤦🏻‍♂️ Any one else do anything similar to this or am I the only idiot who didn’t realize these players were only temporarily boosted? I’m stuck with THREE of them now. Significant downgrade from the players I replaced them with and removed completely from my lineup. I’m like really really pissed off about this. Lol. Like so angry. I wanna let my anger out on GLU but it says right on the box “Temporarily boosted players”. Another question I have is why would anyone even want that? Like why would GLU even make temporarily boosted players a thing!? And why would they think people would like that?!   Give me max overall 370 Aaron Nola, 365 max overall David Bote and max overall 405 Hunter Pence back I don’t want max 350 Mike Foltnewicz, Miguel Andujar and Yasiel Puig 😭 this is absurd. I am so triggered.  
    Dude. Thank you for posting. Appreciate your honesty about all the anger. I had this exact experience and when my first game changer fell down to 350 I went through all the stages of grief. Lol.

Thing is, after getting 3 key game changers, I kept recycling players that I got in special boxes after that because I they were all lower than my 490 game changers! I don’t even remember who they were anymore, just saw they were lower than 490, recycled for the xp. What a waste... I felt like an idiot. Oh the losses!
  • Options
    GSonpointGSonpoint Registered Users, Member 37 Posts
    Does anyone think they are worth keeping on the inactive roster?  I'm sure they are fine for team bonuses, but does anyone think they will come back around as bonus players?  It seems possible, but not likely.   It benefits GLU to just make new ones you have to buy instead of bringing the same ones back.  Thoughts???
  • Options
    slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    My Didi went from 490 to 350 as well. Kinda sucks. Like i know they're temp boosted, but losing a whole 140 points to the overall is crazy. I was think they'd go down to like a 435-400 most.
  • Options
    i trade thrm in to level the next game changer. i really doubt theyll recycle them so no point in keeping a 350 guy
  • Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    GSonpoint said:
    Does anyone think they are worth keeping on the inactive roster?  I'm sure they are fine for team bonuses, but does anyone think they will come back around as bonus players?  It seems possible, but not likely.   It benefits GLU to just make new ones you have to buy instead of bringing the same ones back.  Thoughts???
    I kept POTW because if they were ever a Player if the week again, which is an award given by MLB.  Glu couldn’t choose those players. I doubt they will recycle game changers as they are in control of who they choose