Options

Weekend Event Rewards getting an uptick?

nym5fannym5fan Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
So we have seen all week the rewards for events improved. At least for the top 10. Will that trend continue into the weekend rewards which desperately need to be revamped? I for one certainly am hoping and expecting so. If they do improve them the question will be is it enough of an improvement, since they are so terrible right now? 
From Wentz he came, he shall be returned!

Comments

• Options
    JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited January 2019
    There are whole bunch of problems with the weekend event, but the rewards are the worst one. Why in the heck would I want to drop 30,000 gold to buy 50 weekend boxes and still very likely not even get one of the "good" weekend players that would allow me to win the 2 franchise coins and 7000 blue xp that are available as club rewards for top 50? Instead of wasting all of that gold I can just wait for WOH and win those prime/legend weekend players for free instead. Plus, outside of the couple guys they offered during the Holidays (thinking double LHP skill Bryant in particular) the fan rewards players are usually nothing special anyway.
  • Options
    They increased the rewards for ONLY the top spots... you know, the ones you cannot reach without forking over a bunch of real life money to get the prime/legend/big bonus guys.

We asked for a more engaging and rewarding experience on the weekends in the surveys they sent out to us. They respond with yet another brutally insulting cash grab.

This is worrisome. They have a great game and are literally ruining it with stuff like this. I mean CvC rewards were cut back, WOH is impossible for 95 percent of people that play the game, they essentially made Slugfest a thing to be completely forgotten. 

For a long time, I have felt like as bad as some of these things are that the game itself is so addicting that I just want to keep playing anyway. But, I'm starting to feel that addictive grab less and less as they push me for more and more of my money.
  • Options
    MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    They increased the rewards for ONLY the top spots... you know, the ones you cannot reach without forking over a bunch of real life money to get the prime/legend/big bonus guys.

We asked for a more engaging and rewarding experience on the weekends in the surveys they sent out to us. They respond with yet another brutally insulting cash grab.

This is worrisome. They have a great game and are literally ruining it with stuff like this. I mean CvC rewards were cut back, WOH is impossible for 95 percent of people that play the game, they essentially made Slugfest a thing to be completely forgotten. 

For a long time, I have felt like as bad as some of these things are that the game itself is so addicting that I just want to keep playing anyway. But, I'm starting to feel that addictive grab less and less as they push me for more and more of my money.

Not that I disagree with you, but I would expect this trend to get worse, not better. Someone can probably look up Glu's financial performance, but my sense is they do just fine.  Retaining customers who pay significant money for gold/players is the model that makes the most sense for them.  So they will try to monetize everything, hoping that the whales keep paying.  They'll also still ensnare casual players who don't care if they cycle walkoff, etc.  It's only the game's "middle class" that gets phased out, and I think that strategically the powers that be are fine with that -- the few hundred bucks you've spent compared to the thousands that others pay is a simple calculus.

Plus, let's be honest, there is a better than even chance that you will play next year, and will pay to do so.  It's how addiction works. I'm right there with you.

• Options
    edited January 2019
    @Metsicans yes, I agree. Maybe they don't care about guys like me. I'll still play like you say... but will spend less.

I was hoping for some better rewards in the range that is reachable for our club with our moderate spending. If there was perhaps even something like 100 gold or 2500 legend xp added to those 26-50 or 51-100 ranking spots I might have been inclined to sit and wait for the mountain range of gold popup for $100 so I could grab me some bonus guys. As it is now, our club cannot win anything that would be helpful or meaningful to literally any of our members, so it does not make a lick of sense for me or the 19 other guys I'm in with here to pay $100 for that offer or any of the other offers, like the "gift a box to club members" one.

They dangled a carrot, but they dangled it way too far out of reach for 99 percent of their user base.