Options

Gold Jump

Numb3rsNumb3rs Registered Users, Member 20 Posts
WOH continues to be the bane of my life!! But at least after my divorce ill have more time to give it the attention it demands.

I have heard rumors, whispers and much hear'say that WOH is slightly easier at gold compared to silver. As a last resort I have decided to make the jump to gold. 
However, I would like to ask the community what are the necessary resources needed to make the transition as smooth as possible.

My team consists of 3 legends, 1 reg xp player and the rest are all primes.
I currently have approx 115,000 xp / 380,000 pxp / 235,000 lxp / 480 evo / 6 mil blue cash / 14,000 gold. All players are currently capped at silver 10.

Im trying to get to 20,000 gold so I can get the fan reward when the jump does happen.

Is this enough to get me in a position to beat WOH or should i hoard some more?
Thanks

Comments

• Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    @Numb3rs looks like you have enough to max 3 legends and 5 primes but I wouldn't use the xp on any player below 485 if I were you as it is harder to max them in gold. Check the link below for the exact numbers

https://communities.glu.com/tap-sports-baseball-2018/discussion/5444767/how-much-xp-needed
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Gold WoH is considerably easier than silver. If you only care about WoH, ignore pitching and put all your resources into your top 5-6 bats. Can you show us your bats? Some guys may not have a particularly high max,but their bonus skills make them ideal for WoH(i.e Mauer).
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    Here's my current line up. All help is appreciated 
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    I would max Holidat Trout & Baez for sure as well as Lindor, Yelich, Posey & Votto. Wouldn't bother with that version of Reggie & Knoblauch. Ramirez and Ted's skills are useless and won't help in WOH. Just my 2 cents.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    you should really get the ones @Houmy said, because there is a chance for both skills to be active by accident. 
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    You are set dude! I'd prioritize them in this order: Yelich, Trout, Baez, Votto, Lindor, and Posey. I don't know where you have their bonus skills, but if they are fairly high, you will cycle plenty in gold WoH. Gl man!
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    ThunderstormerThunderstormer Registered Users, Member 215 Posts
    @Houmy and @Numb3rs I’ve heard the same thing, but aren’t the pitchers proportionally better in Gold to equal batter strength. @Numb3rs do you ever cycle in silver with existing Silver lineup and if not, what level do you consistently get to. Curious Thx
  • Options
    JdotChristopherJdotChristopher Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    That Yelich has won me WOH multiple times the last few events.  If you can get him to gold 10 and get his skills up to 15/15, you shouldn’t have any problem beating 5.9 and 5.10 with him.  Then Votto, Trout, and use Baez for the lefty pitchers.  
  • Options
    SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    edited January 2019
    @Thunderstormer I saw a couple of months back someone posting images of pitchers/batters in silver level and gold level. The gap between pitcher vs batter strength is worse in silver, for the same batter/pitcher combo comparison in gold.
    It's all done with mirrors
  • Options
    @Houmy & @DFBB thanks for the advice guys. I'll prioritize the guys you mentioned. I'm always unsure when to use holiday trout. Normally id say against lefties to get the match-up but his second skill is against RHP. Any thoughts?
    @Thunderstormer ive only managed to finish WOH twice, the 2 Wednesdays after black Friday. Since then its been getting steadily worse. And lately i'm lucky if i get past 4.10! Im hoping the jump to gold and a few new additions will turn the tide.