Options

Advantages and Disadvantages of each level, Bronze to Diamond

Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
Since so many (including myself) ask about various move ups I thought it would be good to have a place to discuss the advantages and disadvantages of each, so feel free to add:

Bronze:
Advantages - Resources are almost completely unnecessary.  EVO is nonexistent.  

Disadvantages - You'll probably be a non-factor in CvsC, and cycling WOH will be extremely difficult even with great maxed out players.  

Silver:
Advantages - You can be more competitive, can compete in CvsC in a weaker club and should be able to maintain enough resources to max out any new player you acquire.  

Disadvantages -  You may have a considerably difficult time beating WOH even with the right players.  Higher level clubs of similar strength will likely fare better in CvsC, and bonus games may be difficult.

Gold: 
Advantages - WOH is considerably easier, and you can be competitive in just about anything including CvsC, while still being able to handle leveling up your players.  

Disadvantages - You need to start being very particular about who you use your resources on.  You'll accumulate many players you'd like to level but simply have to prioritize others.  

Platinum:
Advantages - Gold rewards for leveling start becoming quite significant.  Bonus game rewards start becoming more significant (20 gold when gold is rewarded, for example, vs. 10 previously) Tournaments are noticeably easier.  

Disadvantages - Resources are very scarce, and you must be extremely selective about who you level up.  You'll likely stop cycling WOH if you haven't prepared for the move-up.

Diamond:

Advantages - Gold rewards are massive for each level-up, and EVO can be continuously obtained at the top level.  Bonus games and Tourneys should be won with relative ease.  

Disadvantages - Resource requirements are massive and there will never be enough XP to level everyone that you need to level.

Comments

• Options
    ArmpitastrosArmpitastros Registered Users, Member 33 Posts
    @Wicked0Wildcats Thanks for putting this together.  I have been contemplating moving one team from Bronze to Silver.  I think I have enough resources to do it but was curious about the advantages.  I also thought about leveling up on Wednesday during the event to see if WOH and Slugfest stayed at Bronze level or moved up as well.
  • Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    @Wicked0Wildcats Thanks for putting this together.  I have been contemplating moving one team from Bronze to Silver.  I think I have enough resources to do it but was curious about the advantages.  I also thought about leveling up on Wednesday during the event to see if WOH and Slugfest stayed at Bronze level or moved up as well.
    I believe there is a right time of year to move into diamond. I wouldn’t want to be diamond before September or October as reosurces are more scarce and you are still figuring out which players you will keep throughout the rest of the season. 
  • Options
    tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    I've been toying with the idea of moving from silver to gold for a while now, but never reach a decision. I have a very strong team in silver (130k team strength and all hitters with max above 505, including Babe with max 530).
    I regularly cycle WOH at least 3-4 times (6-8 if I have time to play a lot) and do pretty good in CVC, winning MVP and/or high round at least once per day (some times more).
    I really want to go gold but recently I've been more concerned with the upcoming new version and the "possibility" of moving part of the team to it, and the embedded cost it would take and any ramifications for being gold instead of silver. 
    My biggest resource constraint is always EVO, cause I have more than 500k of all kinds of xp.
    I would love to win bonus games/tournaments again once in gold, while still cycling WOH, but not sure what to do yet.
  • Options
    ReadingFightingPhilsReadingFightingPhils Registered Users, Member 305 Posts
    tocopan18 said:
    I've been toying with the idea of moving from silver to gold for a while now, but never reach a decision. I have a very strong team in silver (130k team strength and all hitters with max above 505, including Babe with max 530).
    I regularly cycle WOH at least 3-4 times (6-8 if I have time to play a lot) and do pretty good in CVC, winning MVP and/or high round at least once per day (some times more).
    I really want to go gold but recently I've been more concerned with the upcoming new version and the "possibility" of moving part of the team to it, and the embedded cost it would take and any ramifications for being gold instead of silver. 
    My biggest resource constraint is always EVO, cause I have more than 500k of all kinds of xp.
    I would love to win bonus games/tournaments again once in gold, while still cycling WOH, but not sure what to do yet.
    I moved up this weekend.  I was doing really well in silver also, but it was getting stale.  Evo is huge, along with having some blue xp players you can level up with less evo.  Remember with EVO, you get 25 for going from silver to gold, and then you will probably get about 75 or more evo from loyalty boxes ( I think I had enough for 65 boxes). I also choose not to level up the whole team.  My team rarely uses relief pitchers.  So I only leveled up the closer.  You start out super dominant so you probably wont need them either.  I considered not leveling 2 of my subs at silver because I usually use bonus players for the last two slots and I figured I would have new people I would like to add to the team (I got Goliath Chipper over the weekend).
    All in All I am glad I moved up.  New challenges and more exciting.  Resources starting meaning something again instead of just piling them onto huge totals.  I can play all modes.  My cvc is better.
  • Options
    you are making a good case and that helped to push me over the cliff I've been standing for 2 months now. I will probably wait until today's royale is over and then move up to gold. I want to use the opportunity tomorrow to make the bonus games to actually count, while i'm leveling up in gold 1 thru 6 (to get more evo and some gold).
    I hope it all goes smoothly even though I know I won't be able to max out  every body. I will be happy with 2 top lefties and righties (for WOH) and a couple of pitchers. I think I have resources for more, but those are my main focus.
  • Options
    ReadingFightingPhilsReadingFightingPhils Registered Users, Member 305 Posts
    @tocopan18 Good luck!  I hope you get one or more of the bonus guys.  I had Holiday Cervelli last week and scored 175 million which gave the club a top 10 finish.
  • Options
    thanks, and nice about getting those points!!
  • Options
    bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    Don’t agree with the silver assessment.  From what I know the top silver teams still cruise WOH and smash in CvC.  They have a harder time with Clash and bonus games are 60% wins.
  • Options
    I don’t know about “top” silver teams but i was silver with team strength around 128k and i could barely win 30% of the bonus games or tournaments. Cvc no big deal usually big scores, and woh several cycles per day.