Options

EVO - How to Maximize - The Definitive Guide

Numb3rsNumb3rs Registered Users, Member 20 Posts
EVO - How to Maximize - The Definitive Guide (Hopefully)
At this point in the game the most precious resource for myself and many others it seems is EVO.  After jumping to gold a few weeks ago I have blown through my back log of over 800 evo leveling players and increasing skills. I am now left with the grand total of 3 evo. I am in a great diamond club where i clean up in CVC, ideally i would stay there. But, it seems the only way to get evo now is by club jumping (season mode rewards are too few and take too long) 

Is there any other tips or tricks people know about to get EVO. If not what is everyone's best strategy for EVO farming?  

Comments

• Options
    Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    If you are at Gold you are going to have to club jump and EVO hunt.  Just really no other way.  Best times to do it are Tuesday and Thursday morning where you don't lose out on any event or CvsC rewards.  

The only other real way is to jump to Diamond, and cycle Diamond 6 playoffs numerous times.
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Last week, my friends and I helped many people get Evo. If you have the line app, we can help you too. Here's the thread:

https://communities.glu.com/tap-sports-baseball-2018/discussion/5449380/need-free-evo-were-here-to-help#latest
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    woohoo77woohoo77 Registered Users, Member 300 Posts
    Evo needs to be acquired somehow besides club hopping.  I'm thinking about jumping to Diamond from gold but how am i supposed to win any games when I have no evo to level up my players.  I'm stuck.
  • Options
    bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    woohoo77 said:
    Evo needs to be acquired somehow besides club hopping.  I'm thinking about jumping to Diamond from gold but how am i supposed to win any games when I have no evo to level up my players.  I'm stuck.
    Why does it need to be acquired another way?  I made 500+ in 24h a few days ago hunting.  It works;  why balk?
  • Options
    You think the game was designed to have you hopping clubs constantly?  No, it's a workaround to a flaw in the game.
  • Options
    fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    Probably even get jailed for exploitation...Glu don’t like it when someone outsmarts them😉
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Just to be clear, Evo hunting is extremely common on global. I also have a thread where my friends and I help guys get Evo. I'm pretty sure that @fahhq2 is joking, but I can say with certainty that Evo hunting will not get you jailed. 

@woohoo77 Whether its a flaw in the game to be exploited or a designed concept to create a stronger community doesn't really matter. I no longer need Evo, but I will continue to help those that do. The game works the way it works. I've chosen to adjust accordingly. For those that don't choose that route, to each their own.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    I'm not saying I'm not going to do it.  I'm saying it's lame and the game needs tweaked so that you can actually earn Evo by playing the game instead of club hopping.
  • Options
    Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    woohoo77 said:
    You think the game was designed to have you hopping clubs constantly?  No, it's a workaround to a flaw in the game.
    It's not a flaw in the game.  EVO is supposed to be difficult to acquire and became a huge problem at higher levels.  

There are many problems in the game that can be solved either by throwing a ton of money at it, or finding a more efficient way of beating it.  Personally, I'll opt for the latter.  

By the way, winning tourneys and bonus games will come easier at Diamond than you think,  even if you don't have all leveled up players.  You'll get some EVO from leveling up to Platinum and Diamond, so if you go that route I would first work on leveling up your higher end Blue XP players to make your EVO go as far as possible.
  • Options
    MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    woohoo77 said:
    I'm not saying I'm not going to do it.  I'm saying it's lame and the game needs tweaked so that you can actually earn Evo by playing the game instead of club hopping.
    I think its fair to say its some what of a flaw.  The issues from this years version compared to previous versions is that a) You have every player starting at Bronze 1 and b) Guys have skills now that need to upgraded using evo and alot of the ones lately have 2 skills.
    Now EVO still was hard to get in years past but it wasnt as direly needed as now.  That's where the tweak needs to happen and I'm hopeful that will be the case for the next version.
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    I wholeheartedly disagree.  For me a flaw, an exploitable flaw is something like prime game or do glitching....evo hunting does not go against any rules at all.  While it may not have been envisioned by the developers, neither was the Ronin/mercenary like existence of many of the top players who go club to club sniping CvC matches, joining clubs on a daily basis, using discount clubs for weekend bonus players or who just like to show a little charity and help out an event struggler who sends up an SOS on global.  The consequences to date are missing out on event rewards and CvC season awards.  If that doesn’t matter to a player then they are free to roam, to create reset clubs, have secondary evo farming clubs, create farm teams to a main club or just evo hunt.  This is one of the aspects of this game that fascinates me as there are numerous ways to approach and play.  Adding the LINE app as another dimension only deepens the experience and adds layers to the onion.  A stick in the mud mentality in this modern age based on a black and white vision of the ethics associated for me is antiquated since while there are most certainly “wrong” or “bad” practices (loading, glitching) the rest falls under a grey area umbrella of “different” whether it is the basic approach of casually playing, or if you join a club, or if you are in several clubs, evohunt, have friends in several game related chats on LINE, participate in reset club leveling, etc.  

at the start if the year they ear the devs might not have envisioned two skill players and the ramifications. Yes evo suddenly became much more valuable and an issue than it had been.  But seeing the game first get teamed by the devs and then in response the resulting actions of the users is exciting stuff...we are able to respond creatively to curveballs from the developers and that is one of he major cornerstones of why this is a special game.   If sustainabllty is your main concern then the option exists to stay silver.  Many ways to approach and play.   
  • Options
    2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,722 Posts
    I find that evo hunting can be more fun than many other aspects of the game. I tell my club that I’m going hunting and will be back before the next event.  Depending on bonus players I might not even play the event for  that day. Also,I find that Friday is a good day since Thursday is bonus game day. 
  • Options
    GSonpointGSonpoint Registered Users, Member 37 Posts
    resetting your club and cycling through to gold is a quick way to pick it up, if you play enough bonus games, and save the gloves, you can Evo hunt between resets
  • Options
    615 evo in the last 24h.....for me weekends are the best since a lot of guys get bored with the weekend event and don’t care about club rewards.  
  • Options
    twydoc22twydoc22 Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    How many times do I have to buy babe Ruth box to get him
  • Options
    Dairy4321Dairy4321 Registered Users, Member 16 Posts
    DFBB said:
    Just to be clear, Evo hunting is extremely common on global. I also have a thread where my friends and I help guys get Evo. I'm pretty sure that @fahhq2 is joking, but I can say with certainty that Evo hunting will not get you jailed. 

@woohoo77 Whether its a flaw in the game to be exploited or a designed concept to create a stronger community doesn't really matter. I no longer need Evo, but I will continue to help those that do. The game works the way it works. I've chosen to adjust accordingly. For those that don't choose that route, to each their own.

• Options
    Dairy4321Dairy4321 Registered Users, Member 16 Posts
    Club jumping will get you jailed. I promise it will. We had guy banned for it and I saw the emails. 
  • Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    @Dairy4321 you have posted that you have been soft jailed for 3 different reasons in 3 different posts... Which is it? One is cvc jumping, the other was evo hunting, etc..
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    dkarski87 said:
    @Dairy4321 you have posted that you have been soft jailed for 3 different reasons in 3 different posts... Which is it? One is cvc jumping, the other was evo hunting, etc..
    oops
  • Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    @bigvivec I wont comment on your posts about the skills, I agree with both sides of the argument to be honest. @houmy is a good friend of mine and I def see his point of view on this matter. One thing that we can all agree on is that the whole "Skills" debate should have been address by GLU from day 1. Tell us what/how/if/when skills are suppose to be active/non active. If its by design to that should've have been told to us on  day 1. The reason why so many are pissed is because it was simply not OUTLINED anywhere on how they are truly suppose to work.  Simple, lets leave it at. Move on from it.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    dkarski87 said:
    @bigvivec I wont comment on your posts about the skills, I agree with both sides of the argument to be honest. @houmy is a good friend of mine and I def see his point of view on this matter. One thing that we can all agree on is that the whole "Skills" debate should have been address by GLU from day 1. Tell us what/how/if/when skills are suppose to be active/non active. If its by design to that should've have been told to us on  day 1. The reason why so many are pissed is because it was simply not OUTLINED anywhere on how they are truly suppose to work.  Simple, lets leave it at. Move on from it.
    There are a lot of clarifications I’d like to ask about, not limited to skills....this forum in part exists due to the depth of the game and the amount of mystery surrounding so much of it (how much to be a VIP?!  LOL).  Their buffering via 3rd party, I’ll informed, foreign based CS firms only punctuates the fact that clarity in any of these matters is nothing more than a dream.