Options

The Good, The Bad And The KEEPERS!

JdotChristopherJdotChristopher Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
Now that we know for sure that players will be transferred over to TSB 19 (It’s a work in progress) one way or another....What players are your top keepers?  Top 3?  Are you guys going with top overalls or fav players?  There’s a huge selection of 515+ overall players now so choosing may cause some headaches!  

Whether there is a huge advantage from the start with these players being carried over or not is to be seen....But we can dream of having an ATG from the start on our 5,000 strength overall bronze team 😂

Comments

• Options
    If I had 3 to pick I would take ATG Mantle, SR Gagne, and 2 Skilled Mauer (C).  Some of my fav players and skills that match up with lefties and righties.  If I could take 5 I would add Goliath Kershaw (SP) and draw a name since I can’t choose between Bagwell or ATG Mays.  That’s my list for the next 10 minutes tho.  Don’t ask me tomorrow bc I may change my mind!  I’m getting anxiety already lol I’m definitely not downloading 19 first and picking my guys.   Somebody else has to be the guinea pig!  
  • Options
    whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    Hard to say, atg’s from the start would be great if we don’t need to get their evo, legends are awesome but will the lack of lxp from the start diminish their value the first few months..I might go blue xp guys...lowrie, Goliath Bryant, and 510 Marco Gonzales...that should keep my beating woh with ease until the great players come out...really to hard to decide until we know how it works...
  • Options
    That’s what Glu is going to have a tough time figuring out.  There has to be a solid balance and upper hand if you worked all year and want to bring over your ATG player.  But now there are so many high end, blue xp guys that it really doesn’t matter.   I think I would take Mauer, Lindor, and Yelich or the 525 Freeman for blue xp players....Then Goliath Kershaw and Marco G too for pitching.  I could live with that.  
  • Options
    GSonpointGSonpoint Registered Users, Member 37 Posts
    In my opinion, everything hangs in the balance of what changes they've made.  If I have to only pick three, I would pick Clubhouse Captain Molina, Unstoppable Altuve, and Goliath Kershaw.  Claw makes sure I have a pitcher that is easy to cap quickly, and the others are the hardest positions to fill with dominant players.  I would hate to give up Mantle and Mays, but their evo is too expensive to get.  If the format stays the same, and one can remain in gold forever, the ATG's would be ideal to hold on to, but if you are pretty much forced to level up, the ATGs get left behind due to their evo being so hard to get.  Overall, very hard decision to have to make with almost 40 double skill players with max overall of 490 or more.  Hopefully they will give us more than just three players, as I, personally, would like to also bring the few I bought outright, like Manny Machado and Edgar Martinez.  I just hope it's done taking consideration of what has been done to get the players we have, and doesn't become an issue that makes the move over not worth it.
  • Options
    BigHurtBigHurt Registered Users, Member 157 Posts
    edited March 2019
    The only ones with almost certainty at this point might be Holiday Trout and Holiday Baez. PXP, which would be hard to come by at first, but both would be so valuable for the long haul. They have been awesome, and both made the cut when going to platinum. 
  • Options
    Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    Right now I'd say too many unknowns to answer for sure.  Can we keep anyone?  Will we keep our skill boosts on them?  Will they all start from Bronze 1?

My personal assumption IF we can keep anyone which is an enormous if, is that they will start at Bronze 1 with 0/20 skill boosts.  (If they even still have the skill boosts)

Pound for pound, if its 3, I will keep my 3 best blue XP players from different positions with solid WOH skill sets (double late inning, double WOH, double RHP).

Cycling WOH is everything in this game as currently constructed.  Keeping my 3 best blue XP players will help that continue because they will be easier to level up from the beginning.