Options

Future bonus players - When is it ok to trade inactive players

cmorelancmorelan Registered Users, Member 9 Posts
Have any of you seen a particular player listed as a bonus player more than twice? Or players from boxes months ago listed as a bonus player?

I have a pretty long inactive list that makes roster decisions difficult and want to trade some players in. However, it seems like whenever I trade a player for xp, they are a bonus player soon after. I don't recall seeing a player listed as a bonus player more than twice. Do you guys have a strategy?

Comments

• Options
    ArmpitastrosArmpitastros Registered Users, Member 33 Posts
    I had the same question.  Earlier today, I traded in all my POTW and Game Changers.  Not that I needed the XP but just to clear the deck a bit.  Mot of those players were only good for a team bonus and ended up hurting me more as they were downgrades from my starters.
  • Options
    2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,722 Posts
    Very seldom have I seen it happen but recently my signature springer was a bonus player  in WOH and about a month before that my prime posey came up. I feel that they were bonus players in previous events. I also have traded in my game changers and have mostly kept double skill players. The trade in value sucks compared to what it cost to level then up. 
  • Options
    tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    edited March 2019
    POTW sometimes get reused during the regular season.
    If you got hi (as an example) in May and they are selected AGAIN as player of the week by MLB later on in July, your POTW gets the temporary boost AGAIN, and potentially they could end up with a higher boosted (and non-boosted) rating as compared to the first time. Even gaining a skill in the process if at that later time skills are already available for players. POTM do not get that treatment. They are one-month only players.
    Game changers on the other hand (the replacement for POTW when regular season is over) I have never seen them reused or reactivated. Just different players every week.
    So the bottom line, during the regular season, KEEP POTW. After season is over you can discard them the same way you can discard game changers after their week is over. Of course, assuming they are not good enough to be in your lineup once the boost is gone.

Any other player (one skill, 2 skills and even no skills) can potentially get reused as a bonus player later at any point in the game. It happens at least once every 1-2 weeks. Now, chances of one particular player to be reused are not great, given the huge number of players (and versions).