Buy Glu Credit with coins?

obsidian743obsidian743 Registered Users 64 Posts
I can't be the only one annoyed that coins become useless after you've upgraded everything to the point of requiring Glu Credits. Coupled with the fact that there are only 50 waves and the Sorceress is insanely expensive, I'm starting to lose interest in the lack of variety. Not being able to use my coins also means that the Luck and Wealth charms are practically useless as well. Why couldn't there be a bulk coin purchase for Glu Credits? Something like 100,000 coins for 5 - 10 Glu Credits I think would be fair without destroying the economy of the game.

Comments

• LloydValentineLloydValentine Registered Users 37 Posts
    I can't be the only one annoyed that coins become useless after you've upgraded everything to the point of requiring Glu Credits. Coupled with the fact that there are only 50 waves and the Socceress is insanely expensive, I'm starting to lose interest in the lack of variety. Not being able to use my coins also means that the Luck and Wealth charms are practically useless as well. Why couldn't there be a bulk coin purchase for Glu Credits. Something like 100,000 coins for 5 - 10 Glu Credits I think would be fair without destroying the economy of the game.

I like this idea as well.
  • SasaDFSasaDF Registered Users 16 Posts
    Agree.I have now more than 500.000 useless credits.for that reason I'll leave this game soon if you won't follow this suggestion...
  • Tough as nailsTough as nails Registered Users 1 Posts
    I registered for the forum just so I could agree with this suggestion. Coins quickly become totally worthless. To make matters worse, the multiplayer also becomes almost entirely coin based in short order as well. Tough to stay interested when there is nothing to "work" towards.
  • platoplato Registered Users 24 Posts
    A lot of complaints about this with the original SVZ as well.

GLU tried to pawn off Zombie Rising on players, where the ally upgrades take an absurd amount of coins. Nevertheless, people managed to use up all their coin-upgrades and still had piles left over.

The point is that GLU isn't going to let you swap coins for GLU credits....
  • GlamazonGlamazon Registered Users 498 Posts
    This is a consistent request across titles, but it is unlikely it will ever be implemented. Our FAQs all respond in a similar way:
    As with most of our games, this title has two currencies, a "soft" and a "hard" currency. In this game the soft currency is not convertable to the hard currency. Soft currency is easily earned in-game and will generally accumulate a surplus. It is normal to wind up with more soft currency than will be spent. The "hard" currency is more difficult to obtain, is more valuable, and is used to purchase the game's premium items and power-ups, allowing one to progress much more quickly. Hard currency is mostly obtained via online purchase or may be obtained free through completion of Special Offers.
  • obsidian743obsidian743 Registered Users 64 Posts
    plato wrote: »
    A lot of complaints about this with the original SVZ as well.

GLU tried to pawn off Zombie Rising on players, where the ally upgrades take an absurd amount of coins. Nevertheless, people managed to use up all their coin-upgrades and still had piles left over.

The point is that GLU isn't going to let you swap coins for GLU credits....

You know, I would actually pay money to be able to convert my coins. They could even add a global ability to the game for purchase, etc. The problem with the current model is that it's not really a viable option for lots of players once they're fairly established in the game. Of course if Glu just cares about their paying customers, I suppose we could just leave it at that. In an ideal world (to me), they would add more dynamic content or expand the game so it lasts a lot longer. If they did that, AND allowed some sort of soft/hard currency conversion feature, then I bet more players would likely invest in the game. Right now, the game is too short and too easy to run through without spending a dime, and even if the game did hold my interest just to putz around with, I wouldn't care enough to invest because I have useless currency sitting around and almost anything I do gathers more useless currency.
  • rokikerokike Registered Users 1 Posts
    I love this idea! They implented This converting option In gun Bros Multiplayer, why Can't hey Implent This option In svz As well? :)
  • hardeyboyzhardeyboyz Registered Users 75 Posts
    wont happened... in your dream.. lol.. those glu credit is too valuaable to be purchased by glu coins..
  • Kush_snipesKush_snipes Registered Users 1,067 Posts
    Glu would lose a lot of money because their games are free and no one would pay real money for gems or coins because they would convert

And if everyone could get premium items, characters, etc them the game would not last long since everyone has the same weapon and same character.
    I know you wouldn't like seeing someone with the exact same items as you because it would get boring . The game is great as it is especially since you can earn the premium currency in-game with challenges and sometimes more
    IMG%5D
  • obsidian743obsidian743 Registered Users 64 Posts
    Glu would lose a lot of money because their games are free and no one would pay real money for gems or coins because they would convert

And if everyone could get premium items, characters, etc them the game would not last long since everyone has the same weapon and same character.
    I know you wouldn't like seeing someone with the exact same items as you because it would get boring . The game is great as it is especially since you can earn the premium currency in-game with challenges and sometimes more

I don't think we run this risk if you make the conversion reasonable, or charge Glu Credit for the ability to begin with. Even making the amount something really high, like 100,000 coins/1 Glu Credit would be of at least some value.
    I don't think we run this risk if you make the conversion reasonable, or charge Glu Credit for the ability to begin with. Even making the amount something really high, like 100,000 coins/1 Glu Credit would be of at least some value.

I see your point since after a certain point upgrades cost gems instead of just coins
    IMG%5D
  • KoCKoC Registered Users 8 Posts
    Obsidian has a GREAT idea!

I was coming here looking for this. I understand Glu wants to make more off their games, but having a conversion rate of like 500,000coins to 3-5 gems(Glu Credits) wouldn't ruin the game at all. It would get more people to invest, if anything. Once they get a few upgrades here and there and the upgrades become a crazy about to increase to the next level, the people that have invested so much time would be more likely to buy a few gems(Glu Coins) to level up there characters, instead of mindless farming 500,000 coins to get 3-5 gems(Glu credits) when an upgrade would cost like 30+ gems(GC). The player would be more inclined to spend the few $$ to buy some gems(GC) in bulk. Thus making everyone happy. GLu makes money, if not more AND gets a larger,longer following. The players is able to get the gems(GC) over a longer period of time, but it makes the game fun, challenging, and interesting.

PLease Glu, make this happen! (oN andriod AND iPhone)

Sincerely,

KoC
    -An avid SvZ and SvZ2 player
    KoC wrote: »
    Obsidian has a GREAT idea!

I was coming here looking for this. I understand Glu wants to make more off their games, but having a conversion rate of like 500,000coins to 3-5 gems(Glu Credits) wouldn't ruin the game at all. It would get more people to invest, if anything. Once they get a few upgrades here and there and the upgrades become a crazy about to increase to the next level, the people that have invested so much time would be more likely to buy a few gems(Glu Coins) to level up there characters, instead of mindless farming 500,000 coins to get 3-5 gems(Glu credits) when an upgrade would cost like 30+ gems(GC). The player would be more inclined to spend the few $$ to buy some gems(GC) in bulk. Thus making everyone happy. GLu makes money, if not more AND gets a larger,longer following. The players is able to get the gems(GC) over a longer period of time, but it makes the game fun, challenging, and interesting.

PLease Glu, make this happen! (oN andriod AND iPhone)

Sincerely,

KoC
    -An avid SvZ and SvZ2 player

Good to see that you included both iOS and android on your post. And yes I believe that the game should Hal's some type of conversion but not make it easy to obtain . Like you guys suggested 500,000 coins for 1-5 gems
    IMG%5D
  • SasaDFSasaDF Registered Users 16 Posts
    The best way is to make this great game at 3,99$ or more, and let all the players to achieve the best performance for the three principal characters and allies.

If you want to invest in the other two more characters, you'll pay.

But asking 54,99$ for a new characther is foolish!
    Is there anyone disposed to spend this HUge amount only for one character?!?!??!

Letting to everyone to convert the money collected in Glu coins the challenge will be more fun.....

I Repeat: ask me a little money to have ALL the Game achievements and levels, and I'll be happy to give mine CC numbers ;)
    SasaDF wrote: »
    The best way is to make this great game at 3,99$ or more, and let all the players to achieve the best performance for the three principal characters and allies.

Is there anyone disposed to spend this HUge amount only for one character?!?!??!

Letting to everyone to convert the money collected in Glu coins the challenge will be more fun.....

I Repeat: ask me a little money to have ALL the Game achievements and levels, and I'll be happy to give mine CC numbers ;)

There doesnt seem to be a limit on players health , weapon damage, etc . Can surpass 10, 30 and keep going higher and higher
    IMG%5D
  • TonzaTonza Registered Users 14 Posts
    SasaDF wrote: »

I agree. Take a look at Infinity blade, it costs quite a bit but it doesn't lock anything away. You can buy every single weapon in the game, even the most badass ones, without spending a dime of real money. If they droppes the price of the characters to like 5-7 €, everyone would buy them. And if they added this converting system it would be MUCH more fun and less tedious farming.
  • mtheadmthead Registered Users 266 Posts
    i guess the funny thing is during the time you earn 500,000 coins, im sure one of the zombie's you hacked at has given you 3 glu coins..so you probably picked up around 15 glu coins by the time you reach 500,000 coins in svzd2

i dont think ive reached the 500,000 coin mark yet, but have picked up a few glu coins during play... and thats not using any charms at all
  • Whit00devilWhit00devil Registered Users 15 Posts
    This would only attrack more hackers first they should give a max upgrade then it doesnt matterhow munch glu coins you can hack at a ccertain point you have all characters maxxed out and with this basics you can introduce a coin conversion
  • nick13nick13 Registered Users 2 Posts
    Good to see that you included both iOS and android on your post. And yes I believe that the game should Hal's some type of conversion but not make it easy to obtain . Like you guys suggested 500,000 coins for 1-5 gems

If the concern of soft-to-hard currency would bankrupt Glu then what about using soft currency to purchase some use-once-only, rechargeable items so that players could be motivated to continue playing the game?
  • JRock2404JRock2404 Registered Users 2 Posts
    Coins are now useless to me and everything now costs Glu credits. I'm not going to keep playing if Glu credits are so difficult to earn in-game. This is a serious issue with every Glu game I've played. Not everyone has money to waste on in game currency like this. I don't feel that a free game shouldn't restrict players by making hard currency so difficult to come by unless you spend ridiculous amounts of money to advance. Glu games are not very gamer friendly. If this trend continues, Glu will lose a customer.
  • XunqualynXunqualyn Registered Users 7 Posts
    I agree with some of the ideas here. I'm sitting on 1,000,000 coins with nothing to do with them. A guess at what a good conversion would be - I can get about 10 gems an hour playing multiplayer on a good day, and nearly that on single player. I would happily convert them all for 10 gems, since they're useless right now, but it wouldn't be very satisfying.

I would, however, buy a new character for a million or even a few million coins. I realize thats probably a huge moneymaker for you guys, but I just wanted to let you know that I'm never buying the two new characters. It seems like a poor choice of premium content - since its multiplayer, you can't just have a the new characters strictly better than the old ones, but you want to charge [a lot of] money for them, so its kind of tough situation for the both of us. For the record, I have paid for gems.

I also would buy some silly stuff with coins at this point. Alternate costumes or whatever. People dig that stuff and its just cosmetic.

Tea, sushi, weak charms are a possibility. If I was able to buy sushi with coins I would have had a much more enjoyable early game.

Basically, if there was anything at all to do with them I would be happy.
  • XunqualynXunqualyn Registered Users 7 Posts
    Oh, I read in another thread an idea to bring Pachinko back but use coins instead. I like it!
  • w12650w12650 Registered Users 1 Posts
    You cant buy glue credits in every country...Im from Slovenia Europe and your 50$ is 50€ in my country...people works whole month for 500€..sorry for my bad english :)
  • Sparhawk78Sparhawk78 Registered Users 1 Posts
    If there is no way to obtain upgrade items without having to buy currency then a game is pay to win. In this case it's not impossible to progress without paying real money, however it is ludicrously unreasonable, and there is absolutely no use for the in game currency after a point which is rediculous. Either make it so you can buy glu credits with coins, or remove them from the prize wheel for dailies. I refuse to support a game so blatantly built to force players to spend money while claiming free to play. Also, get real on the cost of the bonus classes, or put some mechanic to enable them to be obtained in game. -That- is flagrant p2w mechanic, and seriously, you're asking for enough money for someone to buy a full on console game for one single character in a mobile game. Not. Worth. It. I have no problem paying money for a game I like, what I won't do is be extorted by profiteering jackanapes ;p
  • lord_deathlord_death Registered Users 1 Posts
    please add the conversion feature to the game ,

if conversion rate is 100,000 Coins to 1 Gem still its fare.

but do it pls
  • BlitzBlitz Registered Users 227 Posts
    I'd suggest that Glu lets us use coins to unlock the other characters. If they want to make some money, they could do something like let you unlock a character to max level 1 for everything for 100,000 coins so people can try them out. No one is going to spend $55 for a new character and not being able to try one out makes people even less likely to purchase them. They can then make you spend more coins to allow your max levels for the special characters to increase or offer a discount to people who want to unlock the characters unlimited levels. For example, they could do something like the following.

Unlock Sorceress and Daimyo limiting skills and character level to the following
    Level 1 100,000 coins
    Level 2 200,000 coins
    Level 3 300,000 coins
    Level 4 400,000 coins
    Level 5 500,000 coins
    Level 6 600,000 coins
    Level 7 700,000 coins
    Level 8 800,000 coins
    Level 9 900,000 coins
    Level 10 1,000,000 coins
    etc.

To keep people interested and playing for a long time they could introduce a new character every few months.

Using this chart it would cost 5,500,000 coins to be able to play those characters with skill levels up to 10 for their abilities. This way coins always have value and I think people would like this more than converting 100,000 coins to 1 gem. You could also include the option of increaing the max level by spending gems too. People who paid for the characters with real money would not be limited so they'd have an advantage over the ones who didn't pay, but the game would be fun for everyone. Of course people who paid for the characters wouldn't have a use for coins so you could let them upgrade certain skills with coins and/or gems or let them have access to a skill that costs coins that others do not have access to. For example, you could let a paying customer have the ability to summon a pet that can be upgraded with coins in a progessgression level that is the same as above, but that would be more work for Glu so letting a player upgrade a skill with coins is much easier.
  • CashusCashus Registered Users 7 Posts
    The game is not great...Kush_snipes!! Hence, the numerous complaints about useless coins!!! Wake up!

3.3 million in coins...useless!!!!! Oh, but the game is sooo fun that way....? Not!!
  • pineapplepineapple Registered Users 15 Posts
    Give us something to do with coins
  • platoplato Registered Users 24 Posts
    Blitz wrote: »
    Using this chart it would cost 5,500,000 coins to be able to play those characters with skill levels up to 10 for their abilities. This way coins always have value and I think people would like this more than converting 100,000 coins to 1 gem.
    Eh - well over 8 million coins already for me... So using up 5.5 million coins isn't that hard.

They already tried it with Zombie Rising in the original SvZ, with absurdly high coin-upgrades for the basic bouncy zombie. Still didn't prevent people from complaining.

I think the only viable idea is to allow buying of revives at increasing sums. If it costs 2.5 million coins to buy the 14th revive, that could be a way to use up giant piles of coins.
  • pineapplepineapple Registered Users 15 Posts
    Just anything to get rid of coins, make A new ally that is 100% coins upgraded only and make him/her super expensive. Also make items that can only be purchased with coins.