Options

Exotic weapons: a problem of price

2Next

Comments

• Options
    SheppeckSheppeck Registered Users 1,609 Posts
    It really seems like Glu is trying to figure how much people are willing to spend. For example last weekend 3 exotic weapons went on sale for 60% off. This weekend 2 more exotic weapons went on sale for 20% off.

I do think that if people have patience we will probably see better sales. I don't have a lot of patience, which is why I spent some really money on this game. But I don't regret that. I am having a lot of fun using the exotic weapons.
    :cool:iPhone 6:cool:
  • Options
    appliancedudeappliancedude Registered Users 113 Posts
    I hope so. I bought the spider last week during the sale. I love the thing. But even then it was 180 something. That's a lot of videos. I won't do the offers. I shouldn't have to file a ticket after every single offer. Hoping by the time I climb myself up to 200 gold another good sale will come along
  • Options
    Samer MadbakSamer Madbak Registered Users 1,247 Posts
    Sheppeck wrote: »
    It really seems like Glu is trying to figure how much people are willing to spend. For example last weekend 3 exotic weapons went on sale for 60% off. This weekend 2 more exotic weapons went on sale for 20% off.

I do think that if people have patience we will probably see better sales. I don't have a lot of patience, which is why I spent some really money on this game. But I don't regret that. I am having a lot of fun using the exotic weapons.

Agree with u sheppeck :)
    Makes a lot of sense
    Playing on LG G4 (Android)
  • Options
    Samer MadbakSamer Madbak Registered Users 1,247 Posts
    Menipo wrote: »
    Yes, this is how GLU and other companies make their money. I perfectly understand that and it makes perfect sense to me. What I do not understand is the reason for overpricing the exotic weapons this way. GLU knows that androiders will hardly spend a dime, no matter the price of any weapon, because they do not need to do it. Thanks to their ability to transfer gold between games they can buy anything without spending a real dollar. So they are not supposed to be a primary source of income for GLU. As to iOS players, I do not think that many will be prepared to spend 20 real USD to play 10 hunts and get a weapon to complete contract hunts that can be easily completed with buck weapons. In short, I do not understand the reasoning behind that pricing policy ....
    Totally agree Menipo. As sheppeck said glu are probing the waters and testing what and how much players are ready to spend...
    Playing on LG G4 (Android)
  • Options
    brodeenbrodeen Registered Users 539 Posts
    For me its a free game...I will wait until is ready to buy by free... cheers...control your emotion...
    Device:android 4.2 10.1 Tablet
  • Options
    todfoxxtodfoxx Registered Users 1,933 Posts
    Good for you Sheppeck, I agree 100% it is fun! So play it. We only live once.
    Galaxy tab S :cool: Kindle hdx
  • Options
    DjRadNaDDjRadNaD Registered Users 1,448 Posts
    yea you are right about the sales, and I hope they keep doing them cause I love taking advantage of a good sale, but I still dont have enough for the guns at the low price :(
    My device: iPhone 5c
    Choice Dude on Board
  • Options
    Bill1957Bill1957 Registered Users 972 Posts
    The offers are a joke. They just don't pay. So I won't do them. Getting 10-20 gold per day takes along time to get an exotic weapon.
    :cool:IPhone 6:cool: