Options

tournament

princebizzprincebizz Registered Users 32 Posts
I saw something about a tournament when I logged in but I can't seem to get back to it. What is this I am excited but now angry I can't find it.
Team name: PHAMILY
Club name: CARDINALS
Prev1

Comments

• Options
    Amused_79Amused_79 Registered Users 841 Posts
    Same here. Saw it once, looked all over could not find it again. I have playoffs with the legends waiting, wondering if I need to beat that 1st before I can see it. Also the pay gold and get a player reward system showed up for a 3 day thing, and I do not see that either.
  • Options
    Maida_gcMaida_gc Registered Users 172 Posts
    Just started a tournament. The cheap one. It's a 4 game tournament, with the winner getting a 2* player. Obviously more expensive the entry, the better the player. The highest entry right now (I missed what the entry was, 1000-1,500 gold perhaps) says "Extremely difficult" and results in Yu Darvish.

Seems tournaments are versus Computers. You can autoplay for the most part. The runs / hits DO count towards your daily standings.

Game 1 - Easy. Put up nice numbers. Won 2nd Round Pick
    Game 2 - Team name was "Guest"... Bottom 9 win. Picked up 2 grand. Non division win.
    Game 3 - Team name was "SexyGayBoy" (thinking that's not a computer?), But I could autoplay with no delay. Anyway scored early and did some autoplay here. Tournament Game. "Off to the finals" won 4,000
    Game 4 - Championship, another Guest5520388 type name. Grinded a 2-0 win. I played it out, but could have autoplayed again. Picked up 2,000 more bucks. Once I exited the game, there was a big "YOU WON THE TOURNAMENT - COLLECT YOUR REWARD" icon. Clicked it, and got my 2 star 3Bman as promised.

Of Note: I don't appear to be able to join ANOTHER tournament.
  • Options
    You're SuspectYou're Suspect Registered Users 8 Posts
    Maida_gc wrote: »
    Game 3 - Team name was xxxxx (thinking that's not a computer?), But I could autoplay with no delay.

It appears to me that the tourney games are played against real teams in auto-mode and the team you play will not be impacted by the result of the game (and probably doesn't even know that their team is being used).
  • Options
    That would explain it. So in the very difficult levels you're being pinned against peoples really well built teams?
  • Options
    You're SuspectYou're Suspect Registered Users 8 Posts
    That would explain it. So in the very difficult levels you're being pinned against peoples really well built teams?

Seems logical.
  • Options
    diagorodiagoro Registered Users 84 Posts
    A bit pointless to spend so much gold with so little in return.
  • Options
    Clark22Clark22 Registered Users, Member 324 Posts
    I had a game freeze on me and the play button shows on my main screen but tapping it does nothing
  • Options
    Diagoro. I did the highest one that was a cash only entry. Won fairly easily and got D. Gordon a solid speedy 2nd baseman that might help your team.
  • Options
    My entry fee was VERY small for the 10k I won, not to mention hits, runs, wins and player. So in theory, perhaps winning a MAJOR Tournament game nets you big gold rewards? Won't be me testing those waters, but perhaps someone. If you were to win 60% of the gold back and pick up a 1st round draft pick, or Yu Darvish if you were to win, that's worth it.
  • Options
    I can join a second tournament now if I choose. Option back up.
  • Options
    Anyone else frozen?
  • Options
    Yeah. If you have playoffs pending or bonus game not finished, then the option is not open to you.
  • Options
    Amused_79 wrote: »
    Yeah. If you have playoffs pending or bonus game not finished, then the option is not open to you.

Good to know. The only trouble is that the game flipping freezes sometimes and games don't always show up for seemingly days.
  • Options
    princeofheckprinceofheck Registered Users 103 Posts
    Amused_79 wrote: »

Playoffs pending meaning that you've got a playoff game in progress, you've won all the required games to begin the playoffs, or that you have some but not all the required wins to reach the playoffs? The last condition applies to me, and no bonus is currently in progress. But I don't the tournament option.
  • Options
    Still stuck :(
  • Options
    SwipaSwipa Registered Users 1 Posts
    I've won 3 different tournaments, but never receive the player promised after I collect the reward...
  • Options
    monkeymanmonkeyman Registered Users 4 Posts
    Mine is frozen too.
  • Options
    Playoffs pending means either you have started it and have not completed the series. Or you have the wins to start but have not started it. You need to beat playoffs to see tournament.
  • Options
    And mine is still stuck. Ugh, Glu.
  • Options
    Another day and tournament still stuck
  • Options
    jb19jb19 Registered Users 10 Posts
    Still no tournaments option for me.
  • Options
    champ_beauchampchamp_beauchamp Registered Users 79 Posts
    Don't sweat it -- it's a ripoff anyway.

But you have to take all your turns, have no playoff series going, and no bonus games for it to appear.
  • Options
    Accidentally joined the 750 gold tournament trying to click to see David Ortiz stats. An "Are you sure" or middle screen would have been nice. Anyway won the first 2 games, one in the bottom 9, then I ran into legends caliber team. Some guy who enjoyed spending hundreds if not thousands, his own prerogative, can't blame the guy, but me drawing him I think probably somewhat randomly, really cost me. I got smoked. So if you want to win the tournaments, I think the luck of the draw on your opponents is really more important than you're own team. Would rather the 750 gold than Ortiz anyway so that frustrated me a bit.
  • Options
    solarmensolarmen Registered Users 201 Posts
    Accidentally joined the 750 gold tournament trying to click to see David Ortiz stats. An "Are you sure" or middle screen would have been nice. Anyway won the first 2 games, one in the bottom 9, then I ran into legends caliber team. Some guy who enjoyed spending hundreds if not thousands, his own prerogative, can't blame the guy, but me drawing him I think probably somewhat randomly, really cost me. I got smoked. So if you want to win the tournaments, I think the luck of the draw on your opponents is really more important than you're own team. Would rather the 750 gold than Ortiz anyway so that frustrated me a bit.

I don't think you drew on a real user. I think in tournament, you play against the app.
  • Options
    solarmen wrote: »
    I don't think you drew on a real user. I think in tournament, you play against the app.

Yes the ap / computer auto played for this human team. I've believe you're paired with random human teams out of a pool of that caliber level. They don't get the win or loss, or even know their team was used as an opponent, hence the autoplay. But I've played teams named guest, f.a.g69, etc. I got an unlucky human team draw, to get autoplayed against. Guy spent some bank and when the computer got a hold of it, they knew how to use it.
  • Options
    geaux_tigersgeaux_tigers Registered Users 30 Posts
    I haven't had the tourney option for since last Sunday! No bonus games, no pending turns, and only won 46/75 towards the playoffs.
  • Options
    Don't sweat it -- it's a ripoff anyway.

But you have to take all your turns, have no playoff series going, and no bonus games for it to appear.

Yup. Been stuck for another day. This sucks.
  • Options
    Mine is still stuck something like 10 days later
  • Options
    MackMack Registered Users 3 Posts
    Same here. I won RA Dickey but have never received him.
  • Options
    Gingy72Gingy72 Registered Users 1 Posts
    Anyone else have to pay 64000 for all the tournamentas