Options

John Lester

Jays808Jays808 Registered Users 31 Posts
Just got him from the fan rewards. Wondering if anyone has experience playing him. My current rotation is Kershaw, Felix, sale, Kluber, mad bum. Who should he replace or should have he stay as an inactive? Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Options
    Jared5150Jared5150 Registered Users 39 Posts
    I have him and he does really well for me against both humans and cpu. I don't have any of your other pitchers, however, so I can't really give you a fair comparison. I will say though that id much rather face mad bum than I would Lester, but that could just be because I've faced mad bum so many more times...I'm sure someone here will give you a much more precise answer lol
  • Options
    SurfinZapdosSurfinZapdos Registered Users 152 Posts
    I would suggest having him replace one of your leftys, preferably mad bum. I find mad bum easily hittable. Kershaw is not too difficult either. Sale and Lester are the two lefties who have given me the most trouble. You will just have to experiment around for yourself and see who performs better for you! Goodluck!
  • Options
    Jays808Jays808 Registered Users 31 Posts
    Jared5150 wrote: »
    I have him and he does really well for me against both humans and cpu. I don't have any of your other pitchers, however, so I can't really give you a fair comparison. I will say though that id much rather face mad bum than I would Lester, but that could just be because I've faced mad bum so many more times...I'm sure someone here will give you a much more precise answer lol

Do you the stats for him? Like era win/loss
  • Options
    I do, but unfortunately it's not going to help much. His era for me is like right at 4...but I've ice wrapped him at least 50 times against the legends team and he would get absolutely crushed by them back when I first started playing them and my upgrades were low. If you take away those 50+ games (a lot of them he'd give up 10+ runs), his era would be significantly lower.
  • Options
    Mixx MastersMixx Masters Registered Users, Member 189 Posts
    Just picked him up also... played 1 game and his era is 3 with 2 er. he piched 6 innings not bad
    getting ready to play the legends again with him as the ACE
  • Options
    I have to use him against the legends because unfortunately I have all lefty starters except fister, so he's my best option. Now that my pitching upgrades are at 9, he holds his own most of the time, before that he got beat up a lot though