Options

Draft Picks

MetropolitansMetropolitans Registered Users, Member 23 Posts
I have been playing a lot of leagues and had accumulated a lot of draft picks. 13 #1 picks and 27 First Round picks. I made use of all the picks and actually kept track:

#1 picks

3 star players - 5
3.5 star players - 5
4 star players - 3

First Round Picks

2 star players - 6
2.5 star players - 3
3 star players - 7
3.5 star players - 6
4 star players - 5

So, in all, ZERO 4.5 or 5 star players out of 40 top picks. It does seem that spending actual gold on these type of picks would be counter-productive. I've been saving all gold for upgrades and that does seem like the right move. I think the only way to build a truly competitive team is to actually save your gold for months and use them during prime events. Unfortunate.

Comments

• Options
    K-DK-D Registered Users 378 Posts
    I have been playing a lot of leagues and had accumulated a lot of draft picks. 13 #1 picks and 27 First Round picks. I made use of all the picks and actually kept track:

#1 picks

3 star players - 5
    3.5 star players - 5
    4 star players - 3

First Round Picks

2 star players - 6
    2.5 star players - 3
    3 star players - 7
    3.5 star players - 6
    4 star players - 5

So, in all, ZERO 4.5 or 5 star players out of 40 top picks. It does seem that spending actual gold on these type of picks would be counter-productive. I've been saving all gold for upgrades and that does seem like the right move. I think the only way to build a truly competitive team is to actually save your gold for months and use them during prime events. Unfortunate.

I got one 5 star player out of 9 #1 draft picks I tried. It was J.D. Martinez. Was pure luck
  • Options
    BommbsOverBaghdadBommbsOverBaghdad Registered Users 163 Posts
    wow. good to know. thanks... i must be lucky. only spent gold on #1 pick once early on in the game and got Rendon (4.5*). think i've gotten like 8-10 first round picks as rewards (never spent gold). mostly duds, only one 4 star, maybe a 3.5 star or two as well (haven't kept track).

imo, you're definitely better off getting the sure thing in a 3 star free agent then spending gold on a first round draft pick. since you need gold for higher upgrade levels it's probably best to not spend it on #1 picks either.