Options

Took my complaints to iTunes/App Store

joetothemojoetothemo Registered Users 13 Posts
I went ahead sent a complaint off to the App Store support team under the "App doesn’t work as expected" complaint topic.

I explained that Glu sold me in app purchases for a game that is broken and they refuse to respond to my customer service requests.

This was the response that I received. They went on to ask for my order numbers and I collected/sent every order number I made for in-app purchases (all made last week before the freeze*). I will update this thread when they respond.

*I'm still locked out of everything but tournament games. I can play one at a time if I uninstall/reinstall the app between each game.

Apple Response Below (Crossing fingers for a resolution):

Greetings from iTunes Store Customer Support! Thank you for contacting Apple. My name is Nathaniel and I'll be your iTunes Advisor for today.

Based on your email, you were charged for In-App purchases from an app that you can no longer use. I know how you’d like this to be addressed. Let us see what options we have.

Comments

• Options
    UPDATE:

Per iTunes/App Store Support.

"...here's the great news! I have gone ahead and reversed the charge for these orders. Within 10 business days, a credit of $xx.xx* should be posted to the credit card that appears on the receipt for that purchase.

Moving forward, you may consider writing a review on this app, so that the developer will be notified regarding this issue."

*The credit is the full amount I spent on in-app purchases.

I'd recommend hitting back at GLU in this way if you have been burned by the loss of functionality. If they feel some pain issuing credits, or if iTunes feels the pain on their behalf, it speaks louder than the echo chamber in a forum that is obviously not being heard.
  • Options
    BommbsOverBaghdadBommbsOverBaghdad Registered Users 163 Posts
    this is really good news! hopefully enough people can see this thread. i never spent any money on in-app purchases but obviously a lot of people here have. Glu clearly ignores this forum and even the reviews on the app store for that matter. let's try to hit em where it hurts. this game is pretty addictive but i've been weaning off this game the past few days and plan on quitting soon out of respect to those who were ripped off. personally never had much of a problem playing the game other than some occasional network errors and freezing but i can't support a developer with flat out awful customer service.

i'm gonna edit my review to tell people to try contacting Google Play directly to try to spread the word. i'm sure Glu is not intentionally doing this but either way, they are obligated to give the customer what they paid for and they aren't.
  • Options
    TWWTWW Registered Users 74 Posts
    Nice to see you get results, dude. I'm definitely going to try my luck this way.
  • Options
    OK. iTunes was quick with the credits. They appeared in my bank account this morning. Definitely the way to go if you feel you wasted money on any in-game purchases on this virtually unplayable game.

As of 6/1, I am still only able to play one game at a time and only in the "VS. Compete" mode (tournaments, prime events and leagues) I still have to uninstall/reinstall the app between games or it crashes and locks me out.

I can collect rewards, but because I can't enter "Games" or "Store" I can't redeem any of this cash or gold I have been earning.

I'll give it to the next update. But at least if that doesn't resolve anything and I have to give up on GLU and this game, I will not have lost any money.
  • Options
    Mrose34Mrose34 Registered Users 7 Posts
    I don't understand why so many people are putting up with Glu's terrible behavior. Sure the game is really fun and I enjoyed it WHEN it was working. I have tried to rally people together to dump this game but all I see on this forum are complaint after complaint and people STILL playing this game. Really? I can't wrap my head around it. There are SO MANY games out there. Just have to look for them and move on. I know it's hard, I still want to play sometimes but I just can't do it....I can never do it...and I wish more of you would join me by deleting all of their games and playing games from a company who cares about you and not just your $$$. Come on people, wake up!

Oh, and I kept coming here hoping to see a mass exodus but it is clear that is not going to happen. So this is my last post for all those who boo'd me away for stating the obvious. I will never know if there is a mass exodus but I guess I can surly dream.. Goodbye sheep!