Options

Robots

Comments

• Options
    MvpdonaldsonMvpdonaldson Registered Users 146 Posts
    To Whom it May (Unlikely) Concern.

It is such a pleasure to see so many fellow professionals from the financial strategy power sector enjoy this mobile game! With that being said, all of you who I have had the pleasure of receiving feedback from have been most maternally remiss about instructing me properly. Glu is one of the worldwide leaders in advertising revenue, at the forefront of the same field that allows me the monetary compensation to comfortably afford to share my time with you. My purchases, which to this point I've shared only one of many screenshots, will be categorized as R&D, and therefore are fully tax deductible.

I have given this collective oversight much thought, and unfortunately, I will not be employing any of you as advisers moving forward.

Regrettably;
    Grizzlybearz
    ROBOTS

"Maternally remiss" huh... Where have i heard that phrasing before?

Ah yes, Rosie Thomas's "The White Dove".

One more place though, the third sample sentence for the definition of remiss on googles first dictionary result.

I guess a Thesaurus CAN make someone sound smart. Either that or incredibly pompous and condescending.

You have a sweet job, be proud of it, but don't talk down to the Internet.
  • Options
    aTownDownaTownDown Registered Users 271 Posts
    With that being said, all of you who I have had the pleasure of receiving feedback from have been most maternally remiss about instructing me properly.

"All of you WHOM** I have had the pleasure of receiving feedback"

If you're going to try to be a smarta ss, at least use correct grammar
  • Options
    feed the bearfeed the bear Registered Users 15 Posts
    ...Speaking of R & D! I prefer to think my inspiration came from the second Google result I'm showing; Kieran Mulvaney's use in "The Great White Bear". It keeps with the theme of my namesake anyway. Is your team name the same as it is here? If so, I was very disappointed to find that you have not actually gained Jeff Bagwell's services.

Whom is rather antiquated.

Good luck in this weekend's event gentlemen!
  • Options
    grantile123grantile123 Registered Users 304 Posts
    Really everyone should back up off this guy. What he spends his money on is his choice. I am fine knowing that he will run out of players to buy and lose interest in this game or have to do it all over again when 17 comes out. My club wins just fine without dumping loads of cash, and could probably give his a run for their money! (pun intended) I personally don't buy what I want I earn it the hard way.

One last thing, R&D/Tax write-off? Completely not how that works!
  • Options
    Whom is rather antiquated.

So is 'antiquated'... Also in your introduction you used 'whom'. Any more ridiculous remarks you have?
  • Options
    ScottyCameronScottyCameron Registered Users 188 Posts
    I can't believe this thread has gotten this many responses! Just let it be! We all spend our money differently! We all have different circumstances that allow some of us to spend money more freely! I don't ever go to the movies! I think dropping $50 for tickets, drinks and popcorn is crazy! Same movie will be on Redbox or PPV in a number of months! Yet millions of people go to the movies! Without people that spend money on the game there would be no TSB! Those that spend help keep the game alive for those that don't want to spend! Without either the spenders or free players the game would have a fraction of the users and you would just keep keep playing the same teams over and over again!
  • Options
    I do agree with Scotty, what we should be focused on is the fact that there are people out there spending this kind of money on the game and yet they seem to be overwhelmingly short handed on Customer Service personnel. It grates my nerves to not get an answer back from the service department after a week of e-mails. Their game messes up and I can't get anyone to contact me.
  • Options
    MvpdonaldsonMvpdonaldson Registered Users 146 Posts
    I do agree with Scotty, what we should be focused on is the fact that there are people out there spending this kind of money on the game and yet they seem to be overwhelmingly short handed on Customer Service personnel. It grates my nerves to not get an answer back from the service department after a week of e-mails. Their game messes up and I can't get anyone to contact me.

Amen to this. If his facts are correct and they are generating revenues of $107,000 per day, they should sure as hell improve their customer support. The number of issues reported on forums alone that go unresolved ridiculously high. I have no issue with people spending their money on this game, I spend plenty and I recognize that more money spent on this game will equate to a richer experience for me as a player (at least most likely).

What I do have an issue with is how he went about it in such a holier-than-thou attitude.

That being said. If you are actually writing those purchases off then congratulations, you should feel pretty good about that and not feel the need to shove it in peoples faces by trying to be sarcastic.

Edit: My name was stolen unfortunately when I changed mine temporarily. That being said I have not yet gained the services of Jeff Bagwell, but I do plan to ensure that I do obtain him (likely with some purchases on my personal card, which I most certainly will not expense).
  • Options
    Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts

It's how people who don't want to pay for the game feel better about spending enough time playing the same game to come onto a forum to discuss it. Upon seeing someone who spends their money on it (allegedly, at least), they realize they won't be able to compete with them, so they make fun of their choice.

Time is the real investment here. I haven't spent any of my money, and it's a fly-by activity. I enjoy it, I'm not gonna judge people for spending a few bucks on it.

Having a service rep or two capable of addressing a situation that seems to occur often, though, is a little more confusing. I'm fine with telling a business how to spend its money :cool:
  • Options
    I will say customer service at Glu is far superior to a number of other games I have played! It would not be uncommon for them to take 3-4 weeks or longer to get back with me regarding any issues! The moderators of their forums were unresponsive. Customer service handles all inquiries from all games! There are periods they get swamped, especially after a game updates! TSB has relatively few problems compared to a lot of games! Not saying it should take a week to get a response, but Glu's customer service is far superior than many other companies I have encountered in the past. It could be s whole lot worse! Trust me, I've seen really bad!
  • Options
    As I haven't played too many games on my phone, I will have to take your word for it. However, the ones that I have palyed have not had nearly as many issues with them. This is the first phone app that I have ever felt the need to contact a "alleged" customer service center.

I have been alive and on this planet though and a consumer for many years. I will have to say that hands down the worst customer service that I have dealt with in my life.
  • Options
    2weighlift2weighlift Registered Users 66 Posts
    @ feed the bear, How much gold did it take to get Baggs ?
  • Options
    rojo30 wrote: »
    Hey keyboard Warriors Calm down I can assure you we don't cheat but please keep hating on us and also keep enjoying your 2nd place finishes. I guess I would be mad too knowing I had no shot at winning... Feel free to play me in a game of u have concerns Thanks GotBeef30

Love how you get all pumped up writing that but still have to leave your name at the end so people know who you are. . . and odds are excellent we still neither know nor care who you are. Sit down, son, you're bothering the grown-ups.

"This is AC! I'm with O.J.! . . . A-C! MY NAME IS AC! YOU KNOW WHO I AM G-D IT!!!"
  • Options
    rojo30rojo30 Registered Users 6 Posts
    LMAO!!! NIce team cooz19! Glad ur parents named you AC Suprised a Moron like you could even spell it. Good luck Key Board warrior!!!!
  • Options
    LMAO!!! NIce team cooz19! Glad ur parents named you AC Suprised a Moron like you could even spell it. Good luck Key Board warrior!!!!

Woah don't call people morons! Apparently redtrunk is cracking down on name calling!
  • Options

I think you missed the joke. It's cool though, bro. The classic keyboard warrior is the one who spells each of those words differently every time, randomly capitalizes everything, uses multiple exclamation points and doesn't understand when he's being made fun of.

Good luck this weekend, bro. Warrior on.
  • Options
    2weighlift wrote: »
    @ feed the bear, How much gold did it take to get Baggs ?

I don't have him yet, waiting for it to drop to 100g per try, hoping it will. Trout cost well over 20k for me.
  • Options
    VisigothsVisigoths Registered Users, Member 9 Posts
    Hey Guys,

I have first grade twin boys. Something I teach them is this...

If you win...you don't brag.

If you lose...you're not sad.

Think some of you posting on this thread didn't hear this in the first grade...or anytime thereafter. These guys enjoy the game and work hard to get good. They're not bragging. And if they spend money on something they enjoy...that's their choice.

And they're not bragging. Cut them some slack.
  • Options
    Happy Father's day to you twindaddy, all of the awesome friends, and the competition, and even the Neanderthals and trolls!

May your streaks be long and may your wives not see your cc bill!
  • Options
    SurfinZapdosSurfinZapdos Registered Users 152 Posts
    Yeah it took me about 14k to get trout.... If it stays at 300 per card it will take somewhere 42k to get bags.... That's absurd.
  • Options
    42k might be a kind estimate! Trout cost me like 6500... Bagwell is gonna exceed that by many many times! Let's just say I have enough blue cash to last a lifetime at this point! So stupid! 300 gold and your giving out 3 choices of blue cash or bonus games or useless franchise coins or draft picks! I'd much rather need to get 1000 of each trophy and 25 each time rather than accumulating draft picks, more franchise coins or 5* players!
  • Options
    InsertteamhereInsertteamhere Registered Users, Member 268 Posts
    Kudos Bear Feeder! I thought I was a big spender at $210 lol. Now I know. Although since I'm a tax paying American I would like to see some kickback for the tax breaks that I'm helping incentivize :P
  • Options
    Bigmd10Bigmd10 Registered Users 8 Posts
    What up robots , we usually top 10 under your insane points Bayareabros
  • Options
    DEEZORIOLESDEEZORIOLES Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    Do you eat?
  • Options
    ApexalphamaleApexalphamale Registered Users, Member 73 Posts
    9877ef25-ed78-4252-8124-49d317b23e84
  • Options
    AreptileAreptile Registered Users 12 Posts
    Visigoths wrote: »
    Hey Guys,

I have first grade twin boys. Something I teach them is this...

If you win...you don't brag.

If you lose...you're not sad.

Think some of you posting on this thread didn't hear this in the first grade...or anytime thereafter. These guys enjoy the game and work hard to get good. They're not bragging. And if they spend money on something they enjoy...that's their choice.

And they're not bragging. Cut them some slack.
    If your not up to a challenge and u see robots find another bracket and stop cryin it's not like they taking a dozen brackets at 7-10 million like other clubs . Yet you don't cry about that. Pitiful if u ask me. Play the game or don't either way stop cryin. There's no cryin in baseball
  • Options
    Areptile wrote: »
    If your not up to a challenge and u see robots find another bracket and stop cryin it's not like they taking a dozen brackets at 7-10 million like other clubs . Yet you don't cry about that. Pitiful if u ask me. Play the game or don't either way stop cryin. There's no cryin in baseball

Yea! At least they're not "heavy support".
  • Options
    BigFlyGuyBigFlyGuy Registered Users 13 Posts
    Yea! At least they're not "heavy support".

You're right, they're not. We won last weekend. Repeatedly. :)
  • Options
    RoyalsRoyals Registered Users, Member 30 Posts
    Debit Card? I carry the Venture One card from capital. It earns me double points on every purchase, everywhere.

Robots... what's in your wallet.
  • Options
    BigFlyGuy wrote: »
    You're right, they're not. We won last weekend. Repeatedly. :)

I know you don't have this info but I'd love to see how many brackets you guys won vs how many you entered. I know we beat you two weeks ago when you came in trying to bribe the leader with some BS. Made me not like your group.