Options

Jeff Bagwell Collections

DLZZODLZZO Registered Users 14 Posts
Has anyone actually gotten Jeff Bagwell off of the collections? If so how?
Prev1

Comments

• Options
    ScottyCameronScottyCameron Registered Users 188 Posts
    DLZZO wrote: »
    Has anyone actually gotten Jeff Bagwell off of the collections? If so how?

Well to get him you have to get 500 each of the Bronze, Silver and Gold Trophies. Although you do get 1 "free" selection of the 3 cards every day, it is unlikely you will get the 500 each in the given time to collect him. So likely you will have to keep spending 100 gold to pick from 3 cards most likely filling you up with huge amounts of blue cash and ice packs. Eventually after spending enough gold and having enough ice packs to last you till the end of time you will get the 500 of each trophy and thus have Bagwell!
  • Options
    Haha so basically not worth it?
  • Options
    GlobberyGlobbery Registered Users 6 Posts
    I did it and it wasn't that much gold. 10K.
  • Options
    2weighlift2weighlift Registered Users 66 Posts
    Other people told me it took about 30,000-40,000 gold
  • Options
    Mo$tlyB@dMo$tlyB@d Registered Users 42 Posts
    So around $400 of real money to get Bagwell... Bwahahahahah
  • Options
    astrosbaseball2016astrosbaseball2016 Registered Users, Member 317 Posts
    Only time that I would spend my gold for more cards is if I got lucky and had 400 gold trophies just by doing the daily one.
  • Options
    Redbirds287Redbirds287 Registered Users 15 Posts
    I spent about 9400 gold and ended up at 850/450/75 so I gave up. grabbed machado after spending a little more and traded for Soria. Scotty can you send me a putter?! Lol
  • Options
    astrosbaseball2016astrosbaseball2016 Registered Users, Member 317 Posts
    I spent about 9400 gold and ended up at 850/450/75 so I gave up. grabbed machado after spending a little more and traded for Soria. Scotty can you send me a putter?! Lol

I hate that even when you have 500 bronze, they still give it to you. Give me bonus games or some cash and lets move on.
  • Options
    rasinrasin Registered Users 77 Posts
    I spend 32000 gold during the weekend but still can't get him.
    Trophies now are 1200/450/100.
  • Options
    MvpdonaldsonMvpdonaldson Registered Users 146 Posts
    I hate that even when you have 500 bronze, they still give it to you. Give me bonus games or some cash and lets move on.

That is literally such ridiculous nonsense. Pure luck + terrible odds = cash cow for Glu.
  • Options
    2weighlift wrote: »
    The cow would get a lot fatter if prices were cheaper

Maybe, I don't know how the price points line up for glu, or at which point higher prices hit that point of diminishing returns, but something tells me there are plenty of people blowing tons and tons of cash on collections.

That being said, you may have a point, cheaper prices might induce more spending.
  • Options
    Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    I think it's just a matter of perspective. It's essentially a daily bonus, just like they've had in the past. One angle of it entices you to take a chance to maybe (extremely unlikely) get a big-time player. If you aren't interested in pursuing that, you get something free every day. I just hope it's not trophies. Some bucks for tournaments, maybe an ice pack here or there.

Yes, like many features in the game, it's aimed for new players, they get much more value out of it, but you never have to pay for it and it's always there once a day.

Just so I have this correct, I got 500 bronze trophies. That does not mean I get, like, Final Year of His Career Bagwell, or early-September Call-Up to Get a Few At-Bats Bagwell. I need all 1500 trophies to get Holy ***** Bagwell, right?
  • Options
    Cooz19 wrote: »
    I think it's just a matter of perspective. It's essentially a daily bonus, just like they've had in the past. One angle of it entices you to take a chance to maybe (extremely unlikely) get a big-time player. If you aren't interested in pursuing that, you get something free every day. I just hope it's not trophies. Some bucks for tournaments, maybe an ice pack here or there.

Yes, like many features in the game, it's aimed for new players, they get much more value out of it, but you never have to pay for it and it's always there once a day.

Just so I have this correct, I got 500 bronze trophies. That does not mean I get, like, Final Year of His Career Bagwell, or early-September Call-Up to Get a Few At-Bats Bagwell. I need all 1500 trophies to get Holy ***** Bagwell, right?

And can get more that 500 of each trophy. The gosh-darn things hardly show up at all, I have gone like 20 times in a row without seeing one, and now i know I can collect 1200 of the bronze ones and never see a gold one. I get that this game is rigged, but they should at least make it a similar amount for everyone. I can't tell you how much it frustrates me that a guy in my club spent 6k and got him, and I dropped well over 20 and didn't even come close.
  • Options
    tbattitbatti Registered Users 433 Posts
    The cow would get a lot fatter if prices were cheaper

I agree however if people spend at current rates the prices won't drop. Idiots drive the price up.
  • Options
    tbatti wrote: »
    I agree however if people spend at current rates the prices won't drop. Idiots drive the price up.

I see what you're saying theoretically but they have an infinite supply. If it doesn't sell, they can just not sell it anymore. It's not like they have to get rid of it. You see them set a high price at the start because the only people who are going to actually get Bagwell will be the ones who go all-out for him right away. They can drop it later to try to convince those who didn't try right away that they still have a chance and it's now much cheaper to try.
  • Options
    They have a chance of creating life-time customers now and in turn their children as lifetime customers also. But they are driving most $$ away. Being wealthy is better than being rich b**ch

- its better to have all the horses in the barn

I think lifelong customer, along with my offspring, might be a bit of stretch. I don't really see myself on my deathbed telling my children that the one piece of advice they should follow in their lives is to invest in glu games because I got a Legends Jeff Bagwell.

And I am gonna go ahead and say the above statement probably holds true for most of the other players of this game.
  • Options
    If children see their parents, brothers or friends playing a game, it usually draws their interest and they will want to start playing.

Yes, but the term life-time client doesn't really imply just that does it? And even so, I don't currently have kids, and video games have a funny habit of changing drastically over the course of say, 10 years?

And frankly, I would rather spend time with those kids that having them watch me play an antiquated(in the future) game on my phone. I am not saying I won't play video games with them, but I am hoping something better comes along by then.
  • Options
    Yes I agree. Would rather more kids actively do sports, like mine do, than stay in the house. But I thought we were talking about the over excessive prices of the players in baseball game.

We were, I was trying to point out that I think your logic that lower prices will induce my children to play this game or keep me as a lifelong customer is too indirect to be substantiated, and is based more on personal experience than realistic consumer trends.
  • Options
    If children see their parents, brothers or friends playing a game, it usually draws their interest and they will want to start playing.

I think the tobacco industry mentioned something like this in the past too. I don't know off the top of my head, but there's no way the mobile gaming industry can be focusing on reaching future generations of customers with their brand right now. Technology, which is their space, moves way too quickly to assume a decades-ahead business model. They create products for right now, because that's what our society wants. Right now becomes yesterday very quickly. They'll change and adapt and look to reach the same market of customers tomorrow.
  • Options
    Cooz19 wrote: »
    I think the tobacco industry mentioned something like this in the past too. I don't know off the top of my head, but there's no way the mobile gaming industry can be focusing on reaching future generations of customers with their brand right now. Technology, which is their space, moves way too quickly to assume a decades-ahead business model. They create products for right now, because that's what our society wants. Right now becomes yesterday very quickly. They'll change and adapt and look to reach the same market of customers tomorrow.

That's all I was trying to say. I agreed with him that prices are too high, I was just trying to explain that they are not after lifelong customers because their product could become obsolete by tomorrow, or in a month or next April or whenever.
    If prices were cheaper we would all buy more, but that doesn't necessarily equate to more revenue. The same way a $15 minimum wage won't create jobs, it'll slow their growth. Money supply is limited, its just basic economics.
  • Options
    icdicd Registered Users 3 Posts
    can someone answer my question? I spent a few bucks on this game and now I lost the free videos for hitting bonus and the video you can watch after you play the 5 games on the sprint events. Are you able to get the ads back so I can get the extra game in or the bonus batting video?

am I able to turn the ads back on?
  • Options
    icd wrote: »
    can someone answer my question? I spent a few bucks on this game and now I lost the free videos for hitting bonus and the video you can watch after you play the 5 games on the sprint events. Are you able to get the ads back so I can get the extra game in or the bonus batting video?

am I able to turn the ads back on?

Hey, not really the place since this is an entirely different topic.

But since you asked no, you cannot. They disappear after a certain level and they are gone forever.
  • Options
    rasin wrote: »
    I spend 32000 gold during the weekend but still can't get him.
    Trophies now are 1200/450/100.

How in hell did you get 32000 gold?
  • Options
    MJEhrfurthMJEhrfurth Registered Users 2 Posts
    That's Glu greed. They can't really say that they didn't know of this. Clearly not thinking of their customers (op·por·tun·ist). Glu has the man/women power to program but can't fix something as simple as this ? Are they aware that Major League Baseball endorses two other great games that think of their customers ?

** However, I do think red trunk and Mike_s are doing a great job of running this site and helping customers **

Spent some money on this collection the past week or so. End with over 1400 Bronze, 900 Silver and was literally stuck at 300 Gold for days. It's not random picking and clearly a cash cow procedure on Glu's part. Can't say I don't blame them, but you'd get more out of people when they aren't clearly frustrated. More attainable items and less frustration = Happy people and more spending over the long haul. I tested a few theories of picking the collection cards, and each one had the Gold trophies showing up under other cards each time. Frustrated to say the least, but it is what it is. Overall, it's a decent game. I just know I won't be spending any more actual money on it. That's Glu's loss in the long run I think, as I know I'm not alone.
  • Options
    SweetdicwillieSweetdicwillie Registered Users 1 Posts
    I got 3 prime players for the price of one. I had 22k in gold. While spending $100 at a time to get Bagwell (12k) i already had 2 of the 3 reuired players to trade for the Prime relief pitcher. Got Alex Rodriguez in the silver package for $1200. Got the relief pitcher for $3k more and spent the rest upgrading my team to get prime Colon and 5 star Donaldson for the rest of the 20k
  • Options
    I got 3 prime players for the price of one. I had 22k in gold. While spending $100 at a time to get Bagwell (12k) i already had 2 of the 3 reuired players to trade for the Prime relief pitcher. Got Alex Rodriguez in the silver package for $1200. Got the relief pitcher for $3k more and spent the rest upgrading my team to get prime Colon and 5 star Donaldson for the rest of the 20k

This was my plan this weekend, until i saw that it was Colon as the 20k reward. Not to hate too hard but hes basically not even prime, another Ubaldo IMO. I ended up spending only 10k getting Soria and helping club get D. Wright.
  • Options
    RDSK1NSRDSK1NS Registered Users 13 Posts
    Good call on Wright. I got Bagwell by the time I reached 17k spent, so I went for colon. We lost out on Wright, who I would have preferred more, but the cost of getting colon at that point wasn't going to help us catch first. We switched brackets like 3 times, so after wasting gold in each bracket going for Wright I figured why not gamble the same way with bagwell. I found the faster I bribed through cards, the better success I had. Buying one here and there before the weekend didn't work out well but just running through gold quickly made it happen, but it was frustrating. Donaldson was an upgrade to machado so I still got a new 3b. I like soria but his 6-6-9 still has the lowest era in my team and I have two 9-8-9 and a 9-9-9 reliever
  • Options
    RDSK1NS wrote: »
    Good call on Wright. I got Bagwell by the time I reached 17k spent, so I went for colon. We lost out on Wright, who I would have preferred more, but the cost of getting colon at that point wasn't going to help us catch first. We switched brackets like 3 times, so after wasting gold in each bracket going for Wright I figured why not gamble the same way with bagwell. I found the faster I bribed through cards, the better success I had. Buying one here and there before the weekend didn't work out well but just running through gold quickly made it happen, but it was frustrating. Donaldson was an upgrade to machado so I still got a new 3b. I like soria but his 6-6-9 still has the lowest era in my team and I have two 9-8-9 and a 9-9-9 reliever

I mean, Bagwell is still the dream, don't ever let yourself think otherwise. I really just wish they had put anything other than that prime pitcher, because I for sure would have gone for Bagwell had that been the case.

But Glu in their infinite wisdom chose to put a Colon instead, and I dont need another prime pitcher on my bench (looking at you Ubaldo).
  • Options
    kingerkinger Registered Users 4 Posts
    I was able to get Bagwell, but it cost me almost $200. When I finally got 500 gold trophies I had over 2000 bronze trophies and 1700 silver....

I understand the Glu is in business to make money. What I think is despicable is making it seem like you "just missed" 100 Gold Trophies or 500 gold 75% of the time. That gives you a false impression that you have a fair probability of reaching your goal as long as you keep playing.

Another thing that just oozes corporate greed is continuing to award bronze and silver trophies after you have attained 500. I mean at least give us ice packs, or free games.....c'mon!
  • Options
    kinger wrote: »
    I was able to get Bagwell, but it cost me almost $200. When I finally got 500 gold trophies I had over 2000 bronze trophies and 1700 silver....

I understand the Glu is in business to make money. What I think is despicable is making it seem like you "just missed" 100 Gold Trophies or 500 gold 75% of the time. That gives you a false impression that you have a fair probability of reaching your goal as long as you keep playing.

Another thing that just oozes corporate greed is continuing to award bronze and silver trophies after you have attained 500. I mean at least give us ice packs, or free games.....c'mon!

That last one is the big one to me. You've taken my wallet but the *****, but like, dont take everything i have. The pricing model is so ridiculous in this game.

Way more people would waste their life away on this game like I do if attaining really incredible players was just slightly less costly.