Options

Class action lawsuit

I'm curious if anyone would be interested in filing a class action lawsuit against glu for auto promoting us without warning and putting us in unbearable brackets that force us to spend more money to have a chance, only to be auto promoted again.
Prev1

Comments

• Options
    aTownDownaTownDown Registered Users 271 Posts
    First of all, nobody is forcing you to pay any money. You can play the game for free, or you don't have to play it at all! Second, there is a way around getting in hard brackets that 90% of the clubs do. And third, you just sound ridiculous.
  • Options
    xGunslingersxxGunslingersx Registered Users 4 Posts
    First off, I'm not talking about the club brackets, I'm talking about the teams I'm playing today in the bonus game event. When I was only half way through my last level and was auto promoted and now I'm only able to win about half of the bonus games, there's a problem.
  • Options
    astrosbaseball2016astrosbaseball2016 Registered Users, Member 317 Posts
    First off, I'm not talking about the club brackets, I'm talking about the teams I'm playing today in the bonus game event. When I was only half way through my last level and was auto promoted and now I'm only able to win about half of the bonus games, there's a problem.

Half sounds about right if you autoplay. I'm roughly even with the teams I'm against 70% of the time.. then 15% I'm favored and 15% the other team is favored.
  • Options
    That wouldn't be the case if they hadn't moved me up a level without even getting to the playoffs let alone winning them.
  • Options
    If anyone doesn't feel like they're being ripped off, then I'm happy for you and don't join the suit, but I'm sick and tired of feeling like I'm being taken to the cleaners because of their greed.
  • Options
    IamWeToddDidIamWeToddDid Registered Users, Member 333 Posts
    If anyone doesn't feel like they're being ripped off, then I'm happy for you and don't join the suit, but I'm sick and tired of feeling like I'm being taken to the cleaners because of their greed.

Being auto promoted has nothing to do with greed. It is more of evening the playing field so people can't sandbag in lower levels....I mean without auto promotion you could literally have teams full of primes, legends and fully upgraded on the same level as someone that just started today....hardly seems fair

Glu is greedy, yes, but not for making sure people don't deliberately not advance in the game in the hopes of making their team better
  • Options
    gocubsgo0128gocubsgo0128 Registered Users, Member 272 Posts
    This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever scene, first what specifically are you planning on suing for. They allow you to play for free, they give you methods to improve your team without paying, and they never force you to pay. While I agree most of their business practices aren't necessarily customercentric but that's the way they choose to run their business. If you don't like it stop playing and find a better game that doesn't use those same strategies.

All that aside if you wanted to and had legitimate basis for a law suit, trying to organize a class action lawsuit against a company on their own website and forum that they monitor is probably not the brightest idea.
  • Options
    A class action lawsuit does sound ridiculous in this situation, however, if that lady could win a lawsuit against McDonald's for spilling hot coffee in her lap....
  • Options
    grantile123grantile123 Registered Users 304 Posts
    Being auto promoted has nothing to do with greed. It is more of evening the playing field so people can't sandbag in lower levels....I mean without auto promotion you could literally have teams full of primes, legends and fully upgraded on the same level as someone that just started today....hardly seems fair

Glu is greedy, yes, but not for making sure people don't deliberately not advance in the game in the hopes of making their team better

I agree that that would be unfair, but once promoted it is very difficult to get a win streak, Should you get lucky enough and or spend enough gold to get a streak going, they don't even allow to continue to play against teams in your ranking. They start throwing teams from at least 2 divisions higher than you.. How is this fair...?

That being said a lawsuit is the most ridiculous thing ive seen on this forum.
  • Options
    I agree that that would be unfair, but once promoted it is very difficult to get a win streak, Should you get lucky enough and or spend enough gold to get a streak going, they don't even allow to continue to play against teams in your ranking. They start throwing teams from at least 2 divisions higher than you.. How is this fair...?

That being said a lawsuit is the most ridiculous thing ive seen on this forum.

It's fair because everyone deals with it, the longer the streak the harder the teams u face, it's like that for everyone....for me I can't even get a 3 game streak without using the 80 boost
  • Options
    RKM69RKM69 Registered Users 52 Posts
    It's fair because everyone deals with it, the longer the streak the harder the teams u face, it's like that for everyone....for me I can't even get a 3 game streak without using the 80 boost

blessedhellride agrees. Sometimes blessed uses 80, and loses. If blessed was at mvp, blessed wouldn't need to use boosts.
  • Options
    RKM69 wrote: »
    blessedhellride agrees. Sometimes blessed uses 80, and loses. If blessed was at mvp, blessed wouldn't need to use boosts.

Was wondering who changed their name in your club...now I know, lol
  • Options
    deerhunter716deerhunter716 Registered Users, Member 155 Posts
    Much better chance at class action lawsuit on how before the useless 5 star drafts - they fixed SOME folks issues who already had the Prime player being offered in the club event. Then they actually posted on these forums admitting they took care of some people but no longer could fix anyone else.

You have a better shot with that one :)
  • Options
    AnthineeAnthinee Registered Users 57 Posts
    I must really stink, cause I think getting promoted takes too long. It feels like I've been "Seasoned" forever. I'm not the biggest proponent of Glu and some things they do (or rather DONT do) in this game, but I don't understand why people get mad when they move up a level and start getting beat. Would you expect to win every fight if you were a boxer moving up in weight class? Are their minor league baseball teams that expect to beat the Yankees if they moved up to the bigs?
  • Options
    victorthigpenvictorthigpen Registered Users 66 Posts
    The problem is if you can't win a lot of games it's almost impossible to improve your team. Unless you want to spend a ton of money. So that's why people get mad. If there were some other ways to make your team better or to even have a CHANCE to make it better, people would be ok with it getting harder.
  • Options
    grantile123grantile123 Registered Users 304 Posts
    Anthinee wrote: »
    I must really stink, cause I think getting promoted takes too long. It feels like I've been "Seasoned" forever. I'm not the biggest proponent of Glu and some things they do (or rather DONT do) in this game, but I don't understand why people get mad when they move up a level and start getting beat. Would you expect to win every fight if you were a boxer moving up in weight class? Are their minor league baseball teams that expect to beat the Yankees if they moved up to the bigs?
    That is not a bad problem to have. It would be my recommendation to avoid promotion at all costs as it only gets harder and harder to win, even with better players. I learned the hard way with my first team. I ranked up too quick and didn't have strong enough players to win with. Now that team just sits there and never gets played.
  • Options
    If you're comparing this to fighting, for a lot of people it's like a 170 moving into a class with guys who weigh 230. It gets to a point where auto promoting seems to happen just to make you lose, instead of "leveling the playing field"
  • Options
    Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    A class action lawsuit does sound ridiculous in this situation, however, if that lady could win a lawsuit against McDonald's for spilling hot coffee in her lap....

Hey, that was legit. The coffee was 190 degrees, which is 75 degrees hotter than the FDA's maximum temp. And the only way you can force a corporation as large as McDonalds to follow the law (like everyone else has to) is to hit their pocketbook.
  • Options
    InsertteamhereInsertteamhere Registered Users, Member 268 Posts
    I have Zero interest in frivolous lawsuits.
  • Options
    gocubsgo0128gocubsgo0128 Registered Users, Member 272 Posts
    aTownDown wrote: »
    If you're comparing this to fighting, for a lot of people it's like a 170 moving into a class with guys who weigh 230. It gets to a point where auto promoting seems to happen just to make you lose, instead of "leveling the playing field"

I don't necessarily think that is a fair analogy, more accurately would be moving from high school, to college to pros ect. You yourself don't necessarily get any better instantly because you advanced, but you were the best at your previous level and able to excel, the challenge is to see is you can start to dominate the level you were promoted to. Freshman often struggle their first year, then get better, so do rookies in the big leagues. Some advance some don't
  • Options
    I don't necessarily think that is a fair analogy, more accurately would be moving from high school, to college to pros ect. You yourself don't necessarily get any better instantly because you advanced, but you were the best at your previous level and able to excel, the challenge is to see is you can start to dominate the level you were promoted to. Freshman often struggle their first year, then get better, so do rookies in the big leagues. Some advance some don't

I'm not the one who made the analogy. Just furthering it.
  • Options
    PwagnerPwagner Registered Users 7 Posts

I'm only winning half of my bonus games I think I'm gonna try and sue glu hahahahahahahahaha
  • Options
    zerohero99zerohero99 Registered Users 154 Posts
    While were at it. I would also like to sue:

- The IRS for their graded tax plan which unfairly taxes me too much.
    - The State of California for having the highest state income tax in the country.
    - The country of England for voting to Brexit and causing the stock markets to tank and my 401k to fall.
    - Lebron James for teabagging Draymond Green and stealing the Warriors Championship

There's a lot of other stuff as well.

What do you guys want to sue for?
  • Options
    zerohero99 wrote: »
    While were at it. I would also like to sue:

- The IRS for their graded tax plan which unfairly taxes me too much.
    - The State of California for having the highest state income tax in the country.
    - The country of England for voting to Brexit and causing the stock markets to tank and my 401k to fall.
    - Lebron James for teabagging Draymond Green and stealing the Warriors Championship

There's a lot of other stuff as well.

What do you guys want to sue for?

Can I sue my parents for making me weToddDid?
  • Options
    KennyFnPowersKennyFnPowers Registered Users, Member 11 Posts
    I'm suing the judicial system for not allowing enough frivolous lawsuits!!!
  • Options
    AnthineeAnthinee Registered Users 57 Posts
    Cooz19 wrote: »
    Hey, that was legit. The coffee was 190 degrees, which is 75 degrees hotter than the FDA's maximum temp. And the only way you can force a corporation as large as McDonalds to follow the law (like everyone else has to) is to hit their pocketbook.

Not to mention the third degree burns that required skin grafts. If your corporate policy is to serve coffee at a temperature that will cause serious burns in seconds, you deserve to get sued when it actually happens.
  • Options
    2weighlift2weighlift Registered Users 66 Posts
    I'm going to sue my mother for having my sister !
  • Options
    Superapids135Superapids135 Registered Users 368 Posts
    Yes I would but u need to refine your argument. They have deleted my players and not replaced them and the auto play guarantees you loose when playing but with gold
  • Options
    MvpdonaldsonMvpdonaldson Registered Users 146 Posts
    I'm curious if anyone would be interested in filing a class action lawsuit against glu for auto promoting us without warning and putting us in unbearable brackets that force us to spend more money to have a chance, only to be auto promoted again.

I have kept my mouth shut on this topic, but when I woke up this morning I realized I had to educate the masses. As a contract lawyer, I can go ahead and tell you that I guarantee within the T&C that Glu writes is written somewhere that any and all purchases within their app are NOT LEGAL PROPERTY in any way shape or form, and does not hold any real-world value.

I have worked with enough labor lawyers to know that if you walked into their office trying to put together a class action suit against an App developer for a lack of value in their in-app purchases that they will laugh you out on your ***.

Do you really think you are the first person to try to come up with something like this? Have you even done any internet research on the topic? Have you even read the App Store T&C?
  • Options
    Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    Not to mention the third degree burns that required skin grafts. If your corporate policy is to serve coffee at a temperature that will cause serious burns in seconds, you deserve to get sued when it actually happens.

It's amazing how no one bothers to ever research that case to see what happened. Also, the dollar amount the claim was set at was the average sales of coffee ONLY over five minutes in the morning. So that was barely a drop in their bucket, but enough for borderline criminal action.