Options

Cheating and accusations around cheating

redtrunkredtrunk Administrator, Moderators 150 Posts
Hey there everyone,
The topic of cheating in the game has gone unaddressed by me for too long, so I'm jumping in now. The behavior that many of you have seen and have called "cheating" is actually two separate things:

1.) Users spending (a lot) of money. There are a fair number of users who spend money on the game, which is not cheating by any means. I can't discuss details of how much users are spending and such, but just know that there are plenty of users who are using legitimate channels to put together their teams.

2.) Users cheating/exploiting/hacking/scripting/etc. There are some users who are cheating, plain and simple. As I have stated before, this is something we take VERY seriously. However, there is a serious complication to this, which is that we don't want to punish users who have worked hard to put together teams without ever doing anything wrong. In the coming days and weeks, we are going to be rolling out new cheater detection systems, which will be bringing down punishment for those who are caught.

I know my silence on the issue has been interpreted to mean that the dev team doesn't care about this cheating issue. On the contrary, the team has been working hard to come up with solutions that will punish those who deserve it, and won't falsely catch the innocent.

I'm going to leave this thread open if anyone has questions/comments/etc., but if it devolves into name-calling and accusations, I'll be closing it down and punishing those involved.
-redtrunk
Prev1

Comments

• Options
    gocubsgo0128gocubsgo0128 Registered Users, Member 272 Posts
    Will there be any retroactive rewards, I don't want to name any names but my club finished 3rd this past weekend and no one to my knowledge cheated, but I have a feeling that 2 of the clubs that finished ahead of us did not do it 100% honestly. If it comes out that they did cheat will we retroactively be awarded the prime player.
  • Options
    DilligafDilligaf Registered Users 71 Posts
    Will there be any retroactive rewards, I don't want to name any names but my club finished 3rd this past weekend and no one to my knowledge cheated, but I have a feeling that 2 of the clubs that finished ahead of us did not do it 100% honestly. If it comes out that they did cheat will we retroactively be awarded the prime player.

Smdh. Will I be awarded 6k gold from gold leagues??? No.
  • Options
    redtrunkredtrunk Administrator, Moderators 150 Posts

Currently, I do not believe there are any plans to do this. But I can pass this along to the dev team and see what they think!
  • Options
    wiskiwiski Registered Users 42 Posts
    two quick questions.
    1. How fast will this new anticheat system be online?
    2. Will it cover all the users including android and ios?(I don't believe something like cheater are using android but not using iphone)
  • Options
    DilligafDilligaf Registered Users 71 Posts
    My suggestion is that once you catch the cheaters and put them in glu jail, can you take their teams out so no one plays them and end their streaks on Tuesdays and the weekend!. I've ran into many teams that are jailed but their team is still ending my streaks
  • Options
    marlinsmaniac20marlinsmaniac20 Banned Users 10 Posts
    I tried to pm you. Could you respond when you can?
  • Options
    ApexalphamaleApexalphamale Registered Users, Member 73 Posts
    Dilligaf wrote: »
    My suggestion is that once you catch the cheaters and put them in glu jail, can you take their teams out so no one plays them and end their streaks on Tuesdays and the weekend!. I've ran into many teams that are jailed but their team is still ending my streaks
    I agree and love that idea. I'm on a 34 game streak and lose 27-3 when I've got Nolan Ryan pitching on a 5* team full of legends and primes that I earned the right way . And put 80 gold +4 hitting . Just unacceptable
  • Options
    nexxus6nexxus6 Banned Users 108 Posts
    No teams cheat. Your just being cheated out of real money. I've got plenty of screen shots of the worst possible team has beat me after the 100 gold pay to play.
    I'm all prime but apparently a 4-5*team can destroy me
  • Options
    DUNKINXDEEZXNUTZDUNKINXDEEZXNUTZ Registered Users 10 Posts
    2x in yesterday's tournament I had a 30 win streak ended by C.C. Sabathia. I have some legends and the rest prime. Nolan Ryan averages 18.8k/9 for me yet both times I was destroyed and both times I used the 80 gold/ +4 hitting. Totally unacceptable.
  • Options
    Gbiu02Gbiu02 Registered Users 16 Posts
    I want to know how teams get legends that haven't come out yet. I played a team yesterday that had Lofton, Giambi, Banks, Righetti, and Gagne in addition to the legends that have already been offered. How are people aquiring these legends? I believe there are people out there spending gross amounts of money but how do they have access to these players? Also, clubs like Robots that seem to have every accolade and player, what incentive do they have to continue? It seems like they aren't giving any other club the chance to get what they have unless they are getting different rewards we don't know about.
  • Options
    ZombieNation108ZombieNation108 Registered Users, Member 86 Posts
    Gbiu02, the Legends and players stack. So if you get the first Legend, say Nolan Ryan from the Legend box, a different one replaces him. If you get that new one, a different one replaces him. Same goes for the rewards in the events. If you already have a player, one of the same caliber replaces him for the reward.
  • Options
    CheesemanCheeseman Registered Users 174 Posts
    As long as you keep spending gold during the fan rewards a new legend will pop up to buy and yes it take an outrageous amount of gold to do that
  • Options
    OnDeckOnDeck Registered Users 54 Posts
    Different strategies, but my son saves his Gold...when the weekend Gold Fan Rewards start he begins to buy all the Legend Boxes. On average it too him about 4-5 boxes per legend pitchers - that way he opens extra tiers in the Gold Fan Rewards and gets his legend pitchers. It only takes one good weekend to get you 4-6 legends. If you do that once every month, plus win the Weekend Prime players that is how your team can be so good. Almost as good as my 1960's NY Yankees...now that was the golden era of baseball, not like today's PED players like Papi Ortiz.
  • Options
    IamWeToddDidIamWeToddDid Registered Users, Member 333 Posts
    OnDeck wrote: »
    Different strategies, but my son saves his Gold...when the weekend Gold Fan Rewards start he begins to buy all the Legend Boxes. On average it too him about 4-5 boxes per legend pitchers - that way he opens extra tiers in the Gold Fan Rewards and gets his legend pitchers. It only takes one good weekend to get you 4-6 legends. If you do that once every month, plus win the Weekend Prime players that is how your team can be so good. Almost as good as my 1960's NY Yankees...now that was the golden era of baseball, not like today's PED players like Papi Ortiz.
    Just curious, is it fun watching your son play an app? I have daughters and wouldn't watch them play any of them
  • Options
    Just curious, is it fun watching your son play an app? I have daughters and wouldn't watch them play any of them

I don't see anything wrong with it. He's my kid I would support him in everything he does unless I find out he's cheating. Which in that case his phone privileges will be taken away. He also is not allowed to chat on AOL Messenger, a lot of creepers in the internet.
  • Options
    CheesemanCheeseman Registered Users 174 Posts
    Even at that he is either spending money to get the gold or using a cheat tool to accumulate it no matter how much he saves it
  • Options
    Cheeseman wrote: »
    Even at that he is either spending money to get the gold or using a cheat tool to accumulate it no matter how much he saves it

Did you not read Mr.Redtrunk's original post? Accusations and finger pointing will result in punishments. I will not sit here and allow you to accuse my kid of cheating when you don't even know him. Straight A student, Perfect attendance, cub scout, and devoted Catholic. I'm simply stating how he has built his team. No reason to jump to cheating allegations, all gamer lives matter. Now if you will excuse me, my cat took a dump in our shower this morning and I have to go clean it up.
  • Options
    grantile123grantile123 Registered Users 304 Posts
    Gotta admit, I was pretty annoyed with you at first OnDeck, but now I think your pretty **** funny. I enjoy reading your posts. Hope the wife's bunions have eased up a bit!!!!
  • Options
    dirtball11dirtball11 Registered Users 21 Posts
    Did you not read Mr.Redtrunk's original post? Accusations and finger pointing will result in punishments. I will not sit here and allow you to accuse my kid of cheating when you don't even know him. Straight A student, Perfect attendance, cub scout, and devoted Catholic. I'm simply stating how he has built his team. No reason to jump to cheating allegations, all gamer lives matter. Now if you will excuse me, my cat took a dump in our shower this morning and I have to go clean it up.

Def a cheater my man. 4-5 opens for a legend? At 2k a pop? so... thats 8-10k (not realistic, but I'll play along) for one, and if he gets 4, well, now your at 40k( $400) (again, not realistic). So, either a) you're funding your kid or b) he's cheating. I applaud his efforts though. Its not every day you see a kid with enough gumption to root a device and play around with code to better his video game experience. Keep up them grades son, you will hopefully soon be working for a company like Glu where your talents are sorely needed!
  • Options
    victorthigpenvictorthigpen Registered Users 66 Posts
    Haha OnDeck I won't ruin it this time......
  • Options
    TampaRoyalsTampaRoyals Registered Users 95 Posts

If you think players back in the "golden ages" didn't use PEDs, then I suggest you look up the history of steroids. They've been around for a VERY long time - and yes, all because our US government funding them for our olympic team to beat the Russians.
  • Options
    tbattitbatti Registered Users 433 Posts
    The more expensive you make it to get Legends and Primes they more people will cheat. Make the prices more realistic and people will play by the rules.
  • Options
    aTownDownaTownDown Registered Users 271 Posts
    I don't see anything wrong with it. He's my kid I would support him in everything he does unless I find out he's cheating. Which in that case his phone privileges will be taken away. He also is not allowed to chat on AOL Messenger, a lot of creepers in the internet.

So he could rob a bank, rape someone, or even commit homicide and you'd support him all the way through? But oh boy if he cheats on a video game, he better watch his back because papa is coming for him.
    You try to make your posts funny but it just makes us all cringe.
  • Options
    grantile123grantile123 Registered Users 304 Posts
    aTownDown wrote: »
    So he could rob a bank, rape someone, or even commit homicide and you'd support him all the way through? But oh boy if he cheats on a video game, he better watch his back because papa is coming for him.

Surprised to see you continuing to comment on THIS post!! LOL
  • Options
    Bartolo BombsquadBartolo Bombsquad Registered Users 58 Posts
    aTownDown wrote: »
    I actually find his posts and the serious comments in response pretty amusing.
  • Options
  • Options
    Dsauce22Dsauce22 Registered Users 33 Posts
    I thought you stated on the previous cheater thread that your son was 34?
  • Options
    Dsauce22 wrote: »
    I thought you stated on the previous cheater thread that your son was 34?

Hi Kind sir, actually he's 36.
  • Options
    Dsauce22Dsauce22 Registered Users 33 Posts
    Hi Kind sir, actually he's 36.
    Oh okay, I guess I must be getting just as crossed up as you with all of the stories you tell.
  • Options
    IamWeToddDidIamWeToddDid Registered Users, Member 333 Posts
    Nice a 36 year old student in the cub scouts that has enough money to buy thousands of dollars of gold....