Options

Cheating and accusations around cheating

2Next

Comments

• Options
    zerohero99zerohero99 Registered Users 154 Posts
    Are you planning to punish people for behavior up until this point? Or is this more of a warning for everyone that has been cheating to stop now or risk being punished?

Because many of the teams that have been cheating for so long already have all-legend teams so if they stop now that they've been warned and aren't punished in any way it is still very unfair to all the rest of us who will never be able to compete with them without dropping thousands of dollars.
  • Options
    deerhunter716deerhunter716 Registered Users, Member 155 Posts
    zerohero99 wrote: »
    Are you planning to punish people for behavior up until this point? Or is this more of a warning for everyone that has been cheating to stop now or risk being punished?

Because many of the teams that have been cheating for so long already have all-legend teams so if they stop now that they've been warned and aren't punished in any way it is still very unfair to all the rest of us who will never be able to compete with them without dropping thousands of dollars.

Spot on and these teams need to be removed so they are not seen in gold leagues or anything else period.
  • Options
    rasinrasin Registered Users 77 Posts
    I agree and love that idea. I'm on a 34 game streak and lose 27-3 when I've got Nolan Ryan pitching on a 5* team full of legends and primes that I earned the right way . And put 80 gold +4 hitting . Just unacceptable

Same here. I can't win without boosts even my team is better than the team I engage. It takes out the fun of building a good team because boost becomes too important.
  • Options
    gocubsgo0128gocubsgo0128 Registered Users, Member 272 Posts
    This is a question for Redtrunk, and I'm not sure if you can say but what methods are you using to determine cheating, I have heard people getting locked just for having a lot of gold, I guess are you taking measure to ensure you aren't punishing the innocent.
    Also are you going to have degrees of cheating with corresponding punishment for instance I would say scripting and manipulating the how much gold thing cost or the about of gold you have is clearly cheating and should be came down harshly.
    I have heard of other glitches that fall more into a gray area
    Is something as simple as forfeiting or intentionally not playing your playoff games to avoid promotion cheating? I would say nearly everyone does this.
  • Options
    Dsauce22Dsauce22 Registered Users 33 Posts
    This is a question for Redtrunk, and I'm not sure if you can say but what methods are you using to determine cheating, I have heard people getting locked just for having a lot of gold, I guess are you taking measure to ensure you aren't punishing the innocent.
    Also are you going to have degrees of cheating with corresponding punishment for instance I would say scripting and manipulating the how much gold thing cost or the about of gold you have is clearly cheating and should be came down harshly.
    I have heard of other glitches that fall more into a gray area
    Is something as simple as forfeiting or intentionally not playing your playoff games to avoid promotion cheating? I would say nearly everyone does this.
    It seems as if they curved the forfeiting playoffs. I have been promoted to grand master and I have three non prime positional players, I have three prime sp, and only two prime sr. I've been promoted automatically and I get my **** kicked routinely with my main team. I've forfeited one set of playoffs then promoted the last two-three times. To me forfeiting playoffs isn't cheating. Scripting should get you an automatic lifetime ban not just jail.
  • Options
    Superapids135Superapids135 Registered Users 368 Posts
    I don't feel like you guys can say you actually care about cheating, because I've contacted customer care twice in cases where the team put up 99 runs in the bottom of the ninth and had very weird stats and suspicious behavior only to be told something similar. I understand a lot of people pay a lot of money for this game, as I was stupid enough to do that once as well before I learned better. Most cases of cheating are against people who spend a lot of Money, i.e. 2 guys in my club spend literally thousands to have got their team straight and full of HOF and max upgrades (and when they tell me someone is cheating and provide proof,'I've passed that to glu hoping it would be fixed only to get ridiculous cut and pasted answers back. Until glu corrects their utter lack of customer service cheating will remain a problem because they lack the desire to actually investigate legitimate cases brought to their attention. It's awesome RedTrunk is trying but one guy trying, while the majority of the rest don't care, is the same as painting all of one set with the same brush stroke.
  • Options
    CaliAngelsCaliAngels Registered Users 72 Posts
    You guys are a joke. If you no longer enjoy playing the game, for whatever reason, simply stop playing. Are there flaws in the game? Yes. You spend half your day complaining about the game on the forum and the other half auto-playing your lives away. If the game no longer makes you happy, get a new hobby and probably a new life. The forum was designed to be a place where likeminded gamers could interact with one another and further their gaming experience but the majority of you have turned it into a witch hunt. Pathetic
  • Options
    IamWeToddDidIamWeToddDid Registered Users, Member 333 Posts
    CaliAngels wrote: »
    You guys are a joke. If you no longer enjoy playing the game, for whatever reason, simply stop playing. Are there flaws in the game? Yes. You spend half your day complaining about the game on the forum and the other half auto-playing your lives away. If the game no longer makes you happy, get a new hobby and probably a new life. The forum was designed to be a place where likeminded gamers could interact with one another and further their gaming experience but the majority of you have turned it into a witch hunt. Pathetic
    Says the cheater!! J/K I was looking for the like button but there isn't one
  • Options
    I too am frustrated by the witchhunt and think it's ridiculous that basically any top club his gotten in trouble or had the finger pointed at them. But the bigger issue here is the fact that glue continues to do nothing. When tension builds up over and over and over and nobody does anything to correct it, people are going to get upset and speak out. We've seen this in today's political climate as well
  • Options
    2weighlift2weighlift Registered Users 66 Posts
    Are you kidding me ? The GLU guys are some of the smartest people around.
  • Options
    Glu can't punish people who cheat because they are the same people spending money. They protect these people...
  • Options
    I've lost to peoplemcheating and using glitches and provided screenshots to glu only to be ignored and be made to feel stupid. Customer care is the real issue. These people don't care and laugh at any accusations, and I'm sure they get a lot that aren't valid but they get plenty that are and ignore them. That's the issue. And that's why Glu stock has dropped 300% in the past year. People don't return to businesses that refuse to offer customer service to paying customers. I'm biased, I admit it, but it doesn't mean I'm not correct in my experience