Options

Advice from more advanced teams please

My team is 4-4 1/2 star players for the most part. I have one 5 star outfielder, one starting pitcher and one short reliever. I'm currently at the Superstar level. My question is what's the best way for me to get better players? I don't have any legends or primes at all and could use some or even more 5 star players would be helpful. As I get higher in my ranking it's getting harder for me to win with the players I have.

#1 draft picks don't seem to work to well. Out of the last 25-30 I've won I only got one halfway decent 5 star pitcher.

Any advice?
Prev1

Comments

• Options
    astrosbaseball2016astrosbaseball2016 Registered Users, Member 317 Posts
    Start saving your gold for fan rewards. Find any way you can to get gold - daily rewards, weekly rewards, watch videos, more offers tab, tier 6 club rewards, etc. Or be in a club who wins on the weekends.
  • Options
    InsertteamhereInsertteamhere Registered Users, Member 268 Posts
    Never spend gold on draft picks. Join a decent club and get your draft picks that way. Try to save gold for weekends when they have fan rewards like previous guy said. The three-player-purchase thing is a sham. Free agents are good only when your team is very young.
  • Options
    F0nzieF0nzie Registered Users 3 Posts
    Dont win the playoffs until you get autopromoted
  • Options
    Oakland RivercatsOakland Rivercats Registered Users, Member 193 Posts
    One 5 star out of 30 #1 picks is an AMAZING streak of great luck. Dont dismiss that. I have one 5star position and one 5star reliever. I've opened way more then 50-60 #1 picks. Sounds like you got this "get a player" thing down.
  • Options
    P3000P3000 Registered Users 8 Posts
    I've opened at least 125 plus #1 picks over the past few weeks and have not received a single player that has made my team which is currently a 4.5*. Its pretty frustrating, that you put the time and effort in during an event and hoping that you can get a decent pick and then nothing.
  • Options
    Hosmer sexy timeHosmer sexy time Registered Users 46 Posts
    Don't rely on the draft picks at all. I usually only use them for getting potential trade players.

My advice is SAVE SAVE SAVE your gold and use them during fan rewards to get better players. Watch videos and download apps to get free gold. I would also advise on buying the stadium rewards to get free gold daily. I know people that have done it but you can watch about 500 videos a day and get 2000 gold...do that for 2 weeks and you'll have 28000 gold...might be good enough to get a legend.

Don't worry about auto promotion or playoffs, get promoted with no problems. I would still say that more important than getting players on your team is to get upgrades maxed out as early as you can.
  • Options
    GariputoGariputo Registered Users 38 Posts
    [QUOTE=

#1 draft picks don't seem to work to well. Out of the last 25-30 I've won I only got one halfway decent 5 star pitcher.

Any advice?[/QUOTE]

I have opened a lot of 1st overall draft picks just from rewards and other things and I still have 2 4.5 star pitchers. The other 3 pitchers I have I didn't get from draft picks. I have never gotten a 5 start SP from a 1st overall draft pick. I know it's not impossible but it's really unlikely in my experience.
  • Options
    ZombieNation108ZombieNation108 Registered Users, Member 86 Posts
    My advice is DON'T try and improve your team. Keep your team at whatever level you're currently at. As you move through the levels on this game it gets more nad more impossible to win unless you're getting Legends and Primes. Worst thing I ever did was to try and get a superstar team. Completely ruined the game for me.
  • Options
    steelballsteelball Registered Users, Member 47 Posts
    Start saving your gold for fan rewards. Find any way you can to get gold - daily rewards, weekly rewards, watch videos, more offers tab, tier 6 club rewards, etc. Or be in a club who wins on the weekends.

When I am finally able to save 35k for rewards, where do u recommend spending it (multi #1 picks, mystery boxes, free agents or a combination) to get the most out of spending. Thanks
  • Options
    gocubsgo0128gocubsgo0128 Registered Users, Member 272 Posts
    steelball wrote: »
    When I am finally able to save 35k for rewards, where do u recommend spending it (multi #1 picks, mystery boxes, free agents or a combination) to get the most out of spending. Thanks

Get all the uniforms....
  • Options
    Get all the uniforms....

Come on. Be serious
  • Options
    ZANA1126ZANA1126 Registered Users 13 Posts

You can get a Legend on weekend rewards with 35K gold. Spend that money on 1# draft picks and save the best players so you can trade them probably for a 5 star or even a prime
  • Options
    ZANA1126 wrote: »
    You can get a Legend on weekend rewards with 35K gold. Spend that money on 1# draft picks and save the best players so you can trade them probably for a 5 star or even a prime

Thank u. Appreciate it
  • Options
    InsertteamhereInsertteamhere Registered Users, Member 268 Posts
    ZANA1126 wrote: »

Nooooooo! Never buy draft picks with gold! You should get those from your club rewards anyway. Use your gold on upgrades after level 15. Or buy your club some boosts, then you can use those in the events that follow. Just make sure it's a private club or people may come in and burn through them.
  • Options
    Devildoc87Devildoc87 Registered Users 144 Posts
    Nooooooo! Never buy draft picks with gold! You should get those from your club rewards anyway. Use your gold on upgrades after level 15. Or buy your club some boosts, then you can use those in the events that follow. Just make sure it's a private club or people may come in and burn through them.

Very true. I would use the gold for upgrades. After u max out, if you do, use the rest on the boxes. Draft picks are a waste
  • Options
    PYITEPYITE Registered Users, Member 7 Posts
    I know people that have done it but you can watch about 500 videos a day and get 2000 gold...
    How is this done? The most that have been available for me at any one time has been around 25
  • Options
    Dr. Myron GainsDr. Myron Gains Registered Users 47 Posts
    I know people that have done it but you can watch about 500 videos a day and get 2000 gold...
    PYITE wrote: »
    How is this done? The most that have been available for me at any one time has been around 25

I'm very curious about how this is done as well
  • Options
    Would anyone recommend spending on the multi #1 pick that guarantees at least 1 - 4.5-5 star player.
  • Options
    Would anyone recommend spending on the multi #1 pick that guarantees at least 1 - 4.5-5 star player.

Nope. Save your gold for fan rewards
  • Options
    That's the plan but I guess what I'm asking is where is the most efficient way to spend 35k in gold to get the rewards.
  • Options
    That's the plan but I guess what I'm asking is where is the most efficient way to spend 35k in gold to get the rewards.

Gotcha. Personally I would spend it on upgrades. If you don't want to do that, buy some legend boxes
  • Options
    Upgrades Upgrades Upgrades.. .They make a huge difference...

Collection player is an option. Usually takes between 8k-12k gold to get the player. And you'll gain a lot of goodies along the way as well. I'd reccommend this when it was 10 10 10 Kershaw, Bagwell, or Trout... Now glu is messing around withMachado and Stanton.

After that maybe legends boxes and hope to get lucky.
  • Options
    Bballer14Bballer14 Registered Users, Member 110 Posts
    My advice is DON'T try and improve your team. Keep your team at whatever level you're currently at. As you move through the levels on this game it gets more nad more impossible to win unless you're getting Legends and Primes. Worst thing I ever did was to try and get a superstar team. Completely ruined the game for me.

I totally agree with that. I keep telling some of the guys in my club, don't be in such a hurry to get the best players, you will get auto promoted and start getting your *** kicked. I am content with my current roster, actually like the team and they s**** for W's. All my SP's are 7 stuff, recently did pick up several good RP's through draft rewards (shocked).
  • Options
    Bballer14Bballer14 Registered Users, Member 110 Posts

Nope. I did it twice and it was before the software update and fared okay, but after the update it seems even more controlled, you get a 4.5 4-9-1 guy. I wouldn't waste your gold on it.
  • Options
    woohdog57woohdog57 Registered Users 45 Posts
    Don't rely on the draft picks at all. I usually only use them for getting potential trade players.

My advice is SAVE SAVE SAVE your gold and use them during fan rewards to get better players. Watch videos and download apps to get free gold. I would also advise on buying the stadium rewards to get free gold daily. I know people that have done it but you can watch about 500 videos a day and get 2000 gold...do that for 2 weeks and you'll have 28000 gold...might be good enough to get a legend.

Don't worry about auto promotion or playoffs, get promoted with no problems. I would still say that more important than getting players on your team is to get upgrades maxed out as early as you can.

How can you watch 500 videos a day? I get cut off after 10 at most.
  • Options
    ariusvideoariusvideo Registered Users 29 Posts
    Bballer14 wrote: »
    Nope. I did it twice and it was before the software update and fared okay, but after the update it seems even more controlled, you get a 4.5 4-9-1 guy. I wouldn't waste your gold on it.

I've personally seen pretty good results using the Multi-Draft option as I've grown/developed my team. You're likely never going to get any 5 Star or Legend/Prime players (I haven't yet), but you should be able to get some good players to help improve your team. I guess it really depends on where you are in your teams development (in regards to your teams build). I've recently gotten like 9-2-9 Ender Inciarte and a couple of decent SR's from the Multi-picks. During my early "ascension" (when I was ranked around Pro, Veteran, etc) I got some decent players that are still in my lineup/roster today.

Again, I've never gotten any 5* guys or Primes from the Multi-Picks (but if you're saving up and buying multi picks during fan rewards, you'll be able to get some of those players there). But unless your club is finishing #1 in Prime Events each week and you're either spending tons of real cash regularly (or...finding "other", less savory methods) to obtain gold, it'll be several months before you've earned enough gold to field a 5* team/Prime/Legend at every position from fan rewards (and I'm not sure how many more months of play are really left in this game before Glu finally abandons it).

If you're already like full of 4.5* players and have some of those guys on your bench, then I'd stay away from Multi-Draft like the plague (no way you're going to get players to really improve your team that way). But if you're still developing your team and fielding like 3 and 3.5* players at positions on your roster, then I don't think Multi-Draft would be a bad place to invest in terms of improving your team (again, with the premise of saving enough to earn a Prime/Legend during Fan Rewards).
  • Options
    ariusvideoariusvideo Registered Users 29 Posts
    Upgrades Upgrades Upgrades.. .They make a huge difference...

Collection player is an option. Usually takes between 8k-12k gold to get the player. And you'll gain a lot of goodies along the way as well. I'd reccommend this when it was 10 10 10 Kershaw, Bagwell, or Trout... Now glu is messing around withMachado and Stanton.

After that maybe legends boxes and hope to get lucky.

@astrosbaseball2016 regarding Collection Player, I've been wanting to try this on the right week (for the "right" player). Pretty close to having 10k saved up. Is there a specific pattern you've found that works well (as far as which card to select) or just random picks with 8k-12k have gotten you there?
  • Options
    KadeayerKadeayer Registered Users, Member 10 Posts

I have an all legend team and all I can say is legend boxes are the only thing worth spending gold on. Save your cash for upgrades, and save 35k for fan rewards and open legend boxes. I got Ted Williams in my third box.
  • Options
    Kadeayer wrote: »
    I have an all legend team and all I can say is legend boxes are the only thing worth spending gold on. Save your cash for upgrades, and save 35k for fan rewards and open legend boxes. I got Ted Williams in my third box.

How'd you get Ted Williams during fan rewards from a box? The box with him always goes away by the time fan rewards starts..
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice from everyone. I plan on dropping 35k in gold this weekend for fan rewards. I hope can strengthen and balance my team out. Need a little of everything. Good luck