Options

Gold for videos not working correctly

PlopPlop Registered Users 16 Posts
For some reason today I can't watch more than 2 videos for gold. I have to close the app then watch another 2 for gold then close the app again. Anyone know what's wrong? I didn't have this problem yesterday.
Prev1

Comments

• Options
    Oakland RivercatsOakland Rivercats Registered Users, Member 193 Posts
    Plop wrote: »
    For some reason today I can't watch more than 2 videos for gold. I have to close the app then watch another 2 for gold then close the app again. Anyone know what's wrong? I didn't have this problem yesterday.

Same deal. I suspect the maintainance Glu did the other day "fixed" some problems, like limiting how much free gold is out there.
  • Options
    Dr. Myron GainsDr. Myron Gains Registered Users 47 Posts
    Having the same issue. It shows that I have a video available to watch, I click it, it looks like the video is about to play, but then it goes back to the "watch a video get free gold" screen

I wouldn't be surprised if it's just a temporary glitch though. Surely Glu gets paid a tiny amount (fraction of a penny) for each video that's watched, I don't see why they'd mind having some players watching the ads religiously. I mean, the guys like myself who sometimes watch a hundred ads in a day are too cheap to spend actual money on gold, so taking our ad revenue is better than nothing. Only reason I could see for them putting an end to it is if the ad suppliers figured out what was going on and put a stop to it.

I guess we'll see what happens but for now I'm at least somewhat confident this isn't the end of gold farming, although if it is, that will probably be the end of the game for me
  • Options
    That is the exact problem I am having. I really hope it is a glitch.
  • Options
    Juanballer1738Juanballer1738 Registered Users 8 Posts
    You guys are fine there is a reason glu fixed it. Because gold is supposed to be earned
  • Options
    Keylow63Keylow63 Registered Users 10 Posts
    Having the same issue. It shows that I have a video available to watch, I click it, it looks like the video is about to play, but then it goes back to the "watch a video get free gold" screen

I wouldn't be surprised if it's just a temporary glitch though. Surely Glu gets paid a tiny amount (fraction of a penny) for each video that's watched, I don't see why they'd mind having some players watching the ads religiously. I mean, the guys like myself who sometimes watch a hundred ads in a day are too cheap to spend actual money on gold, so taking our ad revenue is better than nothing. Only reason I could see for them putting an end to it is if the ad suppliers figured out what was going on and put a stop to it.

I guess we'll see what happens but for now I'm at least somewhat confident this isn't the end of gold farming, although if it is, that will probably be the end of the game for me

This is is the issue im having, hopefully it's temporary
  • Options
    I can only play 1 video now then I have to exit and then play another video then exit.
  • Options
    FlrageFlrage Registered Users, Member 17 Posts
    I haven't been able to watch the videos for the free hit boosts and energy during prime event this whole week. Are you all able to watch those videos?
  • Options
    Yes Flrage I have been able to watch those. I just started having the problems with the gold videos today. Thid whole week I have not had any problems with gold videos or boost videos.
  • Options
    Ok,thanks for the response. Sounds like we both have video problems we can't get a answer too.
  • Options
    Yeah I am hoping there is not a problem tommorow
  • Options
    Ccolt29Ccolt29 Registered Users 4 Posts
    Are you all still having problems with the game only allowing you to play 2 videos at a time
  • Options
    Yes Ccolt. I still dont know whats wrong
  • Options
    Ccolt29Ccolt29 Registered Users 4 Posts
    What kind of phone do you all have, my friend has a iPhone & he says his is still working. I have a galaxy s6
  • Options
    I have LG G4.
  • Options
    Seems to be working ok for me today so far, despite not having any luck the last 2 days. I watched about 15 videos just now before I had to reset my advertising ID. Now I'm about 5 videos into the new ID with no problems yet, will update if anything changes for the worse.

I am using a Galaxy S3 (don't laugh :) )
  • Options
    I have an ipad and since my account is connected with facebook I tried to load my team on my ipad but it wouldn't work. I then tried the videos with the beginner team and had no problem.
  • Options
    Bballer14Bballer14 Registered Users, Member 110 Posts
    I can only watch one video for 4 gold bars, then it says come back later. The video boost button no longer works either. LG G5
  • Options
    Seems to be working ok for me today so far, despite not having any luck the last 2 days. I watched about 15 videos just now before I had to reset my advertising ID. Now I'm about 5 videos into the new ID with no problems yet, will update if anything changes for the worse.

I am using a Galaxy S3 (don't laugh :) )

Bad news update - on my 2nd reset I made it about 15 videos again, thought things were back to normal despite 15 videos per reset being less than I remember, but it was enough to make me happy. On my 3rd reset I made it 2 videos and now I'm getting the same error where I try to play the video and nothing happens
  • Options
    Bballer14 I am having the same problem now. Also Myron yesterday at one point I did about 15 videos in a row then the problem started again. I hope this is resolved soon.
  • Options
    My videos for gold worked fine the beginning of the week but videos for hit boost and extra prime energy did not. Now any video that gives u gold or uvwould normally need gold to buy doesn't work.and I've heard the same from some club members.were on Android devices.only video that works is for the retry after I lose a tournament game. Which most of the time costs cash.im starting to think it's not by accident.how can one video work but just buy chance videos connected to gold don't. Maybe glu didn't reach there money quota last month.also I haven't seen that my game did any update so I don't think it's some glitch that's in a new update. Baseball season is coming towards the end maybe there just trying to do a money grab on this game before popularity switches to football and they start taking people's money from that sport to.
  • Options
    I have been getting the feeling it is not a glitch either. I hope this was not put in an update. When was the last update? I did not have a problem August 30.
  • Options
    My bat boost videos went out on the 29th.gold videos was like the 30th tho.normally my phone tells me before a update tho and I didn't see anything like that on the 29th.just stopped working out the blue
  • Options
    I tried the bat boost video earlier and it was not working. Maybe the bat boost videos have something to do with gold videos but I do not know.
  • Options
    They do because unless it's a event that is offering the free bat boost for that hour or so that they do it besides the free videos the only way to get them is with gold,same as extra energy during prime event.
  • Options
    This needs to be fixed.
  • Options
    Yea,my bat boost video worked 2 times now don't work again
  • Options
    TripledoubleTripledouble Registered Users, Member 12 Posts
    What Boost and Energy videos are you guys talking about? I only get the option of spending Gold to get more energy or Boosts ...?
  • Options
    LegendsLegends Registered Users 10 Posts
    What Boost and Energy videos are you guys talking about? I only get the option of spending Gold to get more energy or Boosts ...?

If you have spent any real money on the game, you lose the option to watch a video for certain things like boosts and energy. If you have those options, you haven't spent a penny on the game.
  • Options
    zerohero99zerohero99 Registered Users 154 Posts
    This is what all you idiots get for posting about the video glitches on the forums.

What did you think was going to happen?

No they're not going to fix it so you can click buttons and have the same ads keep playing and keep getting unlimited gold.
  • Options
    If u haven't spent a penny on the game then your smart considering how many people have been ripped off by glu,either paying for something and not getting it or just losing there teams. And it's not just videos for ads that are acting up. the videos for everything will work once or twice then stop. Or like today all the hit boost videos work and energy videos work but will stop every once in awhile. It's funny how people hate when other people are smart enough not to dump there real money into this. Sorry I prefer to have new cars and a house over giving this company my money lol