Options

this version worse than the previous

13Next

Comments

• Options
    BoMorris23BoMorris23 Registered Users, Member 9 Posts
    Wait... I see it now. Global chat is 4-gold per message...club chat is free.

Yes... that is straight up BEYOND greedy right there.
  • Options
    Ace1234NYAce1234NY Registered Users, Member 103 Posts
    He's right. I would never have even found it had I not seen his post describing how to get there and my own curiosity. But indeed, on the global portion of the chat, it asks for 4 gold to post. Dunno what kind of nonsense is that, but as 1001 said, it's a very simple thing to avoid. I'd probably never have known it even exists if not for this thread. So...meh...
  • Options
    My guess is it was put in place to keep people from spamming in global chat with their club recruiting, or outside garbage links.
  • Options
    Agree it is dumb. But one benefit is getting to see ppl spend 4 gold to send a message complaining that they have to spend 4 gold to send a message. It's beautiful.
  • Options
    Just watch a video ad... post covered.
  • Options
    BTuck2112BTuck2112 Registered Users, Member 14 Posts
    The irony of them complaining about spending 4 gold while spending 4 gold to complain is indeed priceless though
  • Options
    StrikeTEAMStrikeTEAM Registered Users, Member 33 Posts
    edited May 2017
    Ok Glu have officially started the process of Sodomizing ALL of us, can someone please explain what the f*cking point of the 4 gold per chat policy is? If President Trump finds out about this, you can bet your ass someone's getting fired. But seriously Glu wtf are you guys thinking? The guy who was in the meeting and came up with this idea should be given a permanent wedgy and charged $4 everytime he wants to take a sh*it. Ridiculous
  • Options
    StrikeTEAMStrikeTEAM Registered Users, Member 33 Posts
    My guess is it was put in place to keep people from spamming in global chat with their club recruiting, or outside garbage links.
    I seriously don't see any point to it, it's just another way of "bussin cheeks". Someone needs to get their wig split over this one. I thought America was the land of the free? Doesn't that sh*t go against amendment rights? I'm so curious to see just how low Glu will go. What's next? Pay 10 gold every time you want to open up the app. GTFOOH
  • Options
    downsouthcubbiedownsouthcubbie Registered Users, Member 5 Posts
    I spend a good deal of $ on games I like, and I have enjoyed this one..  I did not realize the widespread hacking going on until recently, and it really infuriates me.. What a waste of money on my part.. I won't spend anymore on this game and will be reporting to Apple.. I wonder if they will refund any $ spent since the developers are allowing this to happen.. 
  • Options
    Angels 1961Angels 1961 Registered Users, Member 206 Posts
    I spend a good deal of $ on games I like, and I have enjoyed this one..  I did not realize the widespread hacking going on until recently, and it really infuriates me.. What a waste of money on my part.. I won't spend anymore on this game and will be reporting to Apple.. I wonder if they will refund any $ spent since the developers are allowing this to happen.. 

Apple will DEFINITELY refund you. and rather quickly.
    Trevor
    Angels61
    :cool:
  • Options
    clutzburger22clutzburger22 Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    I'm done spending on this game, 2 much money, basicly a major rip off.  The new upgrades are only to increase OUR spending big time.
    The fact that we're now playing bonus games 2 days is all about spending $$$$$$.  During those bonus games, I being the top gun on our team, am no longer, my Ace can't win a game.  Our whole club was winning maybe once out of 7games.   We all got sucked in!!!!!!
  • Options
    Same here... I win 1-10 games now... and am being overmatched just as often. And... even when I am heavily favored... I lose.
  • Options
    @clutzburger22 Don't forget to mention that the silver tournament box rewards are GARBAGE. Not even bad... flaming piles of $^@#. Spend 8k to win $1,800 99 times out of 100... yep... that is BRILLIANT. I'd bet money nobody has won a 5* Mookie Betts from a tournament silver box.
  • Options
    Oakland RivercatsOakland Rivercats Registered Users, Member 193 Posts
    Today i deleted my TSB '17.  I can't honestly remember the last time I had the advantage over my opponent.  I'm done with being shut out, 3 game wins streaks considered great, and being the Bad News Bears vs the '16 Cubs.

I've got a new team in '16 going and, despite the flaws, is the game i love.    I like winning.  I like building a team that can win.  Improving your team shouldnt be the same as improving your opponents. 

Glu still has a video watching player addicted to their game.  But sadly MLB and Glu do not.

See you in '18.  Or travel back in time to '16 to join me.
  • Options
    2017 has MLB on board as a partner/sponsor... so the prices have gone up... as has the need to make money. So... the game is geared towards forcing players to buy/spend gold. Not that buying multi draft picks helps... as I've done about 10-15 of them since starting about 2 months ago (I earn a lot of free gold), and the players have been 85% garbage, 10% used as starters, and 5% exciting additions.

I have gotten two (2) 5* players from multi picks... Jean Segura and Kelvin Herrera. But... my 5* Anthony Rizzo came from a weekend special event where I dumped 10k gold to earn him. The multi picks have become feeder players to level up my better players... you get the SAME players over and over in draft picks. I've been doing them to level up my stadium... but I am going to focus more on weekend event players after I reach level 4 for the stadium. Level 5 will be impossible anyway.

NOW... for anyone from Glu that actually reads this... you guys/girls dropped the ball in 2017 much like Microsoft did when they released Windows Vista... Windows ME.... Windows 8... etc. You've overcomplicated a game that was supposed to be 1-tap play, AND have thrown competitive balance out the window. I'm silver level, and REGULARLY play gold and diamond level teams. I shouldn't be playing ANYONE other than Silver level teams!!!

1001 said:
    Today i deleted my TSB '17.  I can't honestly remember the last time I had the advantage over my opponent.  I'm done with being shut out, 3 game wins streaks considered great, and being the Bad News Bears vs the '16 Cubs.

I've got a new team in '16 going and, despite the flaws, is the game i love.    I like winning.  I like building a team that can win.  Improving your team shouldnt be the same as improving your opponents. 

Glu still has a video watching player addicted to their game.  But sadly MLB and Glu do not.

See you in '18.  Or travel back in time to '16 to join me.

• Options
    edited May 2017
    This is the result from my last tournament. This is pretty much typical for me. I really don't get what it is. Maybe Glu hates some people and likes me? But my experience is so opposite of what I keep reading here. If anything, my matchups are too easy. I'm silver level 5 and still occasionally face bronze pitchers. I outrank opponents by a little over 10,000 strength each game. I've lost 1 game in my last 130 or so. I don't understand how this can be while reading others' experiences. I haven't even spent a dime on this game. I get my gold from (a lot) of ad videos. One thing is that I don't auto-play (I figure the point is to PLAY the game). And I only play a few games a day, so I'm moving through the ranks relatively slowly compared to ppl who auto-play their games. I also know that I have a pretty strong team (35,000+ strength) that I built by spending gold on picks during fan rewards. Maybe the key is, I'm moving up more slowly than most? Only thing I can think of, is that ppl are auto-playing their way to higher levels without taking time to build their team up enough?
  • Options
    The auto-play may contribute to win/loss numbers... but the matchups have nothing to do with it. Mine are often the exact opposite, where the opponent is 10k stronger than me, and I basically have no chance to win. I've started going through and blocking them... but my guess is there are 500k teams for TSB to choose from, so my 1,000 (assuming I block for a few months) is still just a drop in the proverbial bucket.

I'd say you are just the lucky one Ace... but it will catch up to you eventually, and you'll know the struggle too.

Ace1234NY said:
    This is the result from my last tournament. This is pretty much typical for me. I really don't get what it is. Maybe Glu hates some people and likes me? But my experience is so opposite of what I keep reading here. If anything, my matchups are too easy. I'm silver level 5 and still occasionally face bronze pitchers. I outrank opponents by a little over 10,000 strength each game. I've lost 1 game in my last 130 or so. I don't understand how this can be while reading others' experiences. I haven't even spent a dime on this game. I get my gold from (a lot) of ad videos. One thing is that I don't auto-play (I figure the point is to PLAY the game). And I only play a few games a day, so I'm moving through the ranks relatively slowly compared to ppl who auto-play their games. I also know that I have a pretty strong team (35,000+ strength) that I built by spending gold on picks during fan rewards. Maybe the key is, I'm moving up more slowly than most? Only thing I can think of, is that ppl are auto-playing their way to higher levels without taking time to build their team up enough?

• Options
    scrantonscranton Registered Users, Member 20 Posts
    I think u just don't have a good team. this is like the Philadelphia 76ers complaining that they have no chance of winning...then upgrade your team. Everyone will be better than u until 

• Options
    23mightymouse23mightymouse Registered Users, Member 40 Posts
    Ace1234NY said:
    Its because you know what you are doing. This forum has turned into a bunch of whiners that dont get it and blame GLU. Sorry if this offends anyone, but its true.