Options

Slugfest 6th Level

Bizymoney12Bizymoney12 Registered Users, Member 215 Posts

Slugger not announced yet, but we can safely assume prime slugger will be filled in that spot before event begins. Gonna be tough, but what are your thoughts?
Prev1

Comments

• Options
    ItsDaDogInMeItsDaDogInMe Registered Users, Member 94 Posts
    I sure do hope so  B)
  • Options
    doitalldahldoitalldahl Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    I hope you're right coz Rizzo wouldn't even make my slugger roster, it would be a waste to play.   I wish it wasn't 6 levels though, I might need to practice some before next Wednesday 
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    I like it. The added 15K prime xp is worth the extra effort.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    I’m nervous about primes being given as a reward. Leveling up a prime every Monday and Wednesday is really going to suck, even with the 18,500 prime XP given. That prime XP won’t really help the primes I have because it’s going to go straight into the new player. It’s another reason that bronze/silver have a major advantage. 
  • Options
    When it gets to Slugfest giving out primes as a prize I would only level up on or two of them and not the rest and that way I should still be able to cycle slugfest easily. Simply set your setting to current after that so you keep the regular ones you have already maxed. That way you should still be able to cycle slugfest and get the XP's. At one point we do have to decide between leveling up sluggers and regular roster or just stick to the roster. For me it will be once, and if, I hit platinum as it will be too expensive to level up both categories.

• Options
    I agree @Houmy but my fear is those who want the prize for the bonus points. All that prime XP will go straight there and then you probably won’t have any leftover for the prime players you already have
  • Options
    18k prime is great, but once you have that cycle done there is another easy 18k prime on next round through without having to cycle the 6th level the 2nd time. 36k prime is a good amount but I know it costs way more to level up prime sluggers too
  • Options
    Either way it'll be interesting to see how it goes next week and how stronger the opposition will be on the 6th round. Not a fan of the EVO tokens having been removed though.

• Options
    Evo was so easy to obtain on derby days. I have 1100 currently saved, but that will slim down slowly now
  • Options
    True. Now it's gonna be WOH for me only as I don't level up my club enough to get EVO tokens.

• Options
    We have someone who gets evo from just about every box. We’ve started calling him Dr. Evo
  • Options
    rmouse511rmouse511 Registered Users, Member 185 Posts
    I am glad they added more Prime XP as a reward, but I hope they don’t make level
    6 impossible to beat. It will take longer to cycle, but it will be worth it to get the resources. 
  • Options
    Was it difficult to cycle through all 6 levels in 17? I didn’t play Slugfest much last year because my sluggers weren’t very good.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    @rmouse511 It was manageable in 17 if your sluggers were leveled up. So far it has been easy cycling if your sluggers have been maxed or near max so I expect the new level 6 to be easy up to the 8th-10th opponents. If they do pay out prime sluggers for it then once you max on or two primes those last 3 levels should be easy to cycle as well.

• Options
    fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    Is Rizzo going to be the reward for completing level 6? The game will not let me add Rizzo by either current or potential methods. I actually pulled Rizzo twice this weekend but he didn’t make my roster...
  • Options

• Options
    We'll have to wait and see Wednesday but a 4 star doesn't make sense when lately they have all been 5 stars.  Specially with the new level added.

• Options
    I really hope so...much appreciated Hourny!
  • Options
    I think Judge was the highest rated regular slugger, so they will probably have the level 6 slugger be a Prime slugger. They will probably make the change early next week. I highly doubt they would have a 4 star slugger be the top reward. He wouldn’t make most rosters and therefore teams couldn’t use him for bonus points after they cycle through.
  • Options
    One can only hope they'll start giving out primes for WOH as well when and if they start doing it in slugfest. 

• Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    I think once they start in slug fest.. WOH will be about 2-4 weeks away from primes as well.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    kreeves5kreeves5 Registered Users, Member 47 Posts
    I’ve got an awful slugfest roster and Rizzo still wouldn’t make my top 8. I hope thy change it
  • Options
    Well our questions have all been answered. GLU updated slugfest. Prime Martinez so there goes our prime xp.

• Options
    Knew that was coming. The prime XP is essentially worthless because it all goes to the slugger for the points 
  • Options
    If you plan it right though after the 3rd week you shouldn't have to use that much prime xp. Personally I would get the 1st two prime sluggers to level 6 or 7 and then multi cycle ti level them all the way up. After the 1st two weeks those two primes should allow for easier cycles and whatever primes i get after that I'll just level up 2 or 3 levels to get the bonus points in the early rounds.

Should get you points and still allow you to keep most of the xp you'll earn. It all depends on how hard level 6 will be tomorrow of course. 

• Options
    My problem is that I’m gold. That first batch of prime XP won’t get me to gold 1, for sure not much further 
  • Options
    That would be a problem yes. You could try and buy one of the mystery one event sluggers and see if that helps cycling 6th level if it is that much harder. Haven't bought one this year but from what I remember from 17 you could get 4 or 5 for the same event.

• Options
    I cycled at gold for the first time last week. Took 1300 gold for boosts and only 2 restarts with the sluggers I had. My play is to try to make it past 5 and see how 6 goes. If I don’t cycle that’s ok. I’ll use the prime XP on my 1, lonely prime player
  • Options
    Hopefully 6th level would be manageable.

• Options
    I hope so. We have several guys who dominate derby for us. I’m really close to become a regular contributor on Wednesday again with them