Slugfest 6th Level

2Next

Comments

• Options
    Bizymoney12Bizymoney12 Registered Users, Member 215 Posts
    Good luck tomorrow fellas!
  • Options
    rmouse511rmouse511 Registered Users, Member 185 Posts
    I was never good at Slugfest in 17. Will the sluggers in level 6 be a lot more difficult than level 5 in previous weeks? Or will it just take longer? Here are my sluggers, I hope they are good enough to cycle today.

• Options
    I can’t imagine them making level 6 much more difficult. Hopefully the first 2 levels are just easier.
  • Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    I believe you should be just fine. 
  • Options
    fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    Petty impressive line up. If you do cycle, it’s a shame to lose a slugger leveled up to s10. 

Question: do you receive XP when a player gets removed from the roster and replaced?
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    Well it turns out level 6 is much harder but manageable if you already cycle slugfest. Below are the last two batters I faced and I had to use 20% boost to get past them and only needed one restart for the whole event on the 2nd to last batter. Martinez caps at 161 silver and the prime XP needed to go from bronze 1 to silver 10 are as follows:

BRONZE
    2evo 40 gold
    SILVER

"Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    I was just coming to post the XP as well. 14,790 from bronze 1 to silver 10. I didn’t cycle because I’m at gold and won’t have the gold for the boosts, but someone else in my club just did it and shared with us
  • Options
    Did you notice if you were facing Platinum batters on level 6 @Bigpredfan ? I didn't pay attention to all of them but as I am silver I was facing Gold maxed batters on the last rounds. I guess I'll check it on the 2nd cycle to make sure.

• Options
    luv4allmusikluv4allmusik Registered Users, Member 82 Posts
    Man, it’s really tough sledding out there today. I moved up to gold a couple of weeks ago, but I have a lot of 5-star sluggers and I have them all capped. Starting at the 5th level around the 5th or 6th round I was outmatched almost every time. My final game in round 6 was Judge, capped at 204, against Mookie Wilson, 298. 
    It took me three times at the highest boost until I beat him. I then capped JD and he tops off at a 214, only 10 higher than Judge. It cost me over 3K in gold and I don’t think there’s any way I can cycle as I can’t afford another 3K of gold to do it. Ouch!!!
  • Options
    I did face some platinum sluggers for sure. This was me at level 6 round 4. Way outmatched 
  • Options

• Options
    I guess the platinum batters come as the last few batters for you then. It would just make sense as I faced Gold level 10 with me being silver.

• Options
    I finished level 6, but it took awhile and cost me some gold (around 1,100). I will probably just get past level 5 to get more Prime XP, but I won’t spend gold to cycle twice.
  • Options
    Got him in the first hour today I was stressed! Got lucky final batter missed two pitches so I don’t need to use a replay
  • Options
    Martinez capped is still 20 points lower than the last slugger at level 6 and only 8 higher than regular Judge. Not sure that is worth all that Prime XP. 
  • Options
    rmouse511 said:
    Martinez capped is still 20 points lower than the last slugger at level 6 and only 8 higher than regular Judge. Not sure that is worth all that Prime XP. 
    It is if you want to keep cycling on Wednesday 
  • Options
    One cycle maxes slugger in silver. Not complaining here 
  • Options
    One cycle maxes slugger in silver. Not complaining here 
    Yep. That isn’t too bad at all. One cycle for me at gold would probably get me to gold 2/3. A lot better than I thought it would be for sure
  • Options
    I guess I was hoping a Prime slugger would be rated much higher than a regular slugger. I know they will continue to give out better Prime sluggers, so I have to keep improving my sluggers. The 6 levels were more
    challenging for sure, but the Prime XP is a nice payoff!
  • Options
    How did everyone do tonight? Got through 3 times. And through level 5 for a 4th to get the XP. Tapped out for the night, but love this event and the opportunity for all the prime xp
  • Options

Top 3 is always tough on Wednesdays 
  • Options
    I cycled 3 times as well and got
    past level 5 a fourth time. I was able to level Martinez to level 10 and bank an additional 60k in Prime XP.

I only leveled Martinez to level 8 and then got him capped by cycling 2 more times. Doing that saved me 4500 Prime XP.