Options

Cvc

grundnernation79grundnernation79 Registered Users, Member 47 Posts
i love club vs club. The only issue I have is on sundays when it starts I have a better chance of getting rewards by myself which takes me off the weekend rewards for my club
Prev1

Comments

• Options
    tribeWS18tribeWS18 Registered Users, Member 71 Posts
    I thought about doing this but I've been worried about getting jailed if I left my club for cvc so I haven't done it yet. I dont know of any rule that says its not allowed but figured its kinda gaming the system
  • Options
    It’s not cheating the game. If it was I wouldn’t be doing it
  • Options
    HuskerHusker Registered Users, Member 111 Posts
    It's a growing trend and I don't like it much. My favorite event is Walkoff, followed by bonus day (I get to play as much as I want and always carry at least a million cash to buy bonus games), then prime events. I always buy POTW until I get one on both teams, since 1) they offer best odds; 2) they are bonus players for 2 events; and 3) the hitters (and we haven't had a pitcher in a long time - knock on wood) help in the next week's walkoff event.

A lot of guys in my club are talking about everyone who wants to do it going solo on Thursdays, and maybe leaving club on Sundays if we can't get top 3. I get it, but it also puts individual over team, which is okay, but I'm not really happy that people have that view.

I am positive I'd actually do better individually - with my two teams and the one on my wife's phone, in all events except for Slugfest as I've hit all tiers in other events with my two teams for weeks now (I like to say I never play naked - always have a bonus player for my primary team on weekends as well). The only drawback is earning Evo - since I focus on POTW/M and weekend bonus players, I need at least 24-48 evo a week to take 2 to 4 new players to Gold. I can't earn enough gloves with 2 teams to get enough evo every week to maintain that. I'm fine on my second team as it's sitting at 600 evo, but my main team I rarely get built up over 100 lately. First world problems...
  • Options
    That’s what my club does. I have 2 teams and normally I leave 1 team all weekend with my team but I take my other team and go solo. The next weekend I switch my teams up and do the reverse of what I did last weekend. My fav event is also bonus. I do pretty good. Can usually rack up 4 -  5 mill. Thx for texting
  • Options
    No cvc today. That’s odd. I actually miss cvc. Always good rewards
  • Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Not anymore, thats what happens when everyone here starts posting about free boxes and free P & L xp. Clubs were all breaking up to play solo and now that GLU has noticed they will alter the rewards/event.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    MISSREDMISSRED Registered Users, Member 251 Posts
    Great, a few ruined it for guys like me. I earned 5 all stars in cvc and never left my club once to do it. They can fix it by making it madatory to be in a club of 10 or more to compete.
    "If a man gives you his best, what more can you ask him to give".
  • Options
    paidoffpaidoff Registered Users, Member 106 Posts
    CvC is one of the most fun events and really good teams don't need the individual awards that badly.  If Glu has a statistical way to grade movement volume then I agree with @dkarski87.  As for myself, I've been in Clubs that have totally disbanded and I'm unsure if the Leader renamed the Club, or if the Club was abandoned.  I could guess that a number of clubs aren't being renamed.  Leaders and Teams are allowed to move freely according to Customer Care.  A leader Team can bolt from a Club, leaving only an empty rathole behind.  Wondering, has anybody faced a Club in CvC that was empty, i.e. without any teams?
  • Options
    newfynewfy Registered Users, Member 416 Posts
    They could just make it a requirement to be in club for 24 hours to be eligible for rewards.  Simple fix,   I like the idea of cvc, it’s 2 competitions at once. Against opposing team. And inner club battles, that puts more fun into game. If I’m spending all this money , I want to get the most pleasure out of it. But not going into desperation scams for a few rewards. Beat your club and earn it the right way!!
  • Options
    spicedaddy30spicedaddy30 Registered Users, Member 141 Posts
    edited August 2018
    Even with the exploit glu is going to get their piece of the pie . Maybe even more so from folks like me . We get a taste since we get the cvc boxes .. maybe I'm missing 1200legend xp to make it now instead of 5k . I might buy some gold to make it that last inch in such a case . Just saying it's extremely hard to get. The cvc rewards give you a taste of what such previous xp can do for you . Thus making folks possibly more prone to buying some . I don't think they should alter the cvc at all . Leave it as is
  • Options
    paidoffpaidoff Registered Users, Member 106 Posts
    edited August 2018
    It's unlike TSB to shut so many players out of the awards though.  Spending gold to extend a round an extra out is one of the most exciting plays in the game.  It's hard to resist when the multiplier is massive and some good hitters are coming up to bat.  It might be even better if a player could receive an extra out as a performance bonus.  Players might have the chance of beating the stronger club mate and claiming the award for the high round.  

My impression is many players spend gold because the award for the high round is a steal compared to gold spent, using store value of the prize as the standard of course.  To have a round where a player scores low and must spend gold to extend, there must be an emotional reason for doing so (i.e. I'm going to play until I like my score), as well as a cost-benefit.  Once a player realizes someone else in the Club can extend without spending anything, then he hasn't got the same reasons to unload gold in spite of the prize still being worth the price.  
  • Options
    redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I know for myself I’ve spent gold for entries when my club is in striking distance and I’ve also spent gold when I have a round that’s very good with the potential to be game changing.  I’ve always had mvp in our wins save for 1 time, and with the way the awards have aligned with the club box tied to high round throwing in another 50-150 gold is a drop in the bucket if I succeed because the box is worth 1500 and a 30% chance of getting a player that at worst provides me quality depth and likely makes my team as a starter unless they play in the outfield.  Hopefully the event stays as is but it is what it is it was fun for me while it was here.
  • Options
    ghostofmiggypastghostofmiggypast Registered Users, Member 30 Posts
    @paidoff I faced a club last week that started with just one team in it. They put up a round of 800 or so right away when the entries opened. I normally don't jump right in away when the round opens, so I waited a few minutes to see what he was going to do. If he put up a round in the half a million range, I usually just auto a round to make sure I get the cash, then leave it alone. If he doesn't score a huge round, I'll play it out to win.

He didn't move for 10 minutes. So, I played. My first round I scored 85k points. I used my video continue so I decided to wait until that refreshed to play a second entry.

Within 2 minutes, his team had disappeared and I was facing an empty club.

I figured he was hoping my club wouldn't play at all and he could collect all the prizes. Once I played, he knew he couldn't win. So, he abandoned that club and quickly started a new one hoping to find an opponent who wouldn't actually play.
  • Options
    spicedaddy30spicedaddy30 Registered Users, Member 141 Posts

@paidoff I faced a club last week that started with just one team in it. They put up a round of 800 or so right away when the entries opened. I normally don't jump right in away when the round opens, so I waited a few minutes to see what he was going to do. If he put up a round in the half a million range, I usually just auto a round to make sure I get the cash, then leave it alone. If he doesn't score a huge round, I'll play it out to win.

He didn't move for 10 minutes. So, I played. My first round I scored 85k points. I used my video continue so I decided to wait until that refreshed to play a second entry.

I figured he was hoping my club wouldn't play at all and he could collect all the prizes. Once I played, he knew he couldn't win. So, he abandoned that club and quickly started a new one hoping to find an opponent who wouldn't actually play.

You can start a new club and play after the event has already started ?
  • Options

You can start a new club and play after the event has already started ?
    I don't know. I'm assuming that's what they were doing. Can't think of any other reason to simply abandon the matchup.
  • Options
    I had heard that cvc is possible done. That sucks 
  • Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    I don’t believe it will be done, but it will be adjusted for sure. No more individual rewards, slightly higher rewards for the clubs at the end of the season, if you join a club after a season has started you can’t participate, etc. removing the individual rewards and boosting the club rewards at the end fix everything that is wrong with it right now.

instead of 6-10 getting 10K if prime and normal XP, make it 25K prime, 10K legend, and 1 all star box. Brings back the idea of a club playing together to benefit everyone in the club, not just 1-2 people
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    They probably just discontinued it for now to fix it in the next update so that you don't get a fresh set of tickets if you leave the club and go to a new one. Those one man clubs and others leaving the clubs on CVC days to play solo could just play it and if it seemed they didn't have it locked down they could simply leave the club and start a new one to get more tickets and try again and so on. Of course not all solo clubs would do this but it is certain that there were those taking advantage of it.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Houmy said:

They probably just discontinued it for now to fix it in the next update so that you don't get a fresh set of tickets if you leave the club and go to a new one. Those one man clubs and others leaving the clubs on CVC days to play solo could just play it and if it seemed they didn't have it locked down they could simply leave the club and start a new one to get more tickets and try again and so on. Of course not all solo clubs would do this but it is certain that there were those taking advantage of it.

The more noticeable abuse was clubs that had guys enter/exit because they'd get their entries refreshed each time they entered while their club points stayed when they left. As you can imagine, that can quickly get out of hand.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options

I highly doubt that will be the case. Originally, CvC was suppose to be daily and club rewards were suppose to be collected on Fridays. For whatever reason, they kept running the 'sprint' CvC version. I can only speculate, but it seemed like a success because it was yet another way for people to spend gold.
  • Options
    Yeap all they need to do is change it so how we have events now. Once the event starts if you leave you wont get any rewards from the days event, simple. This will stop jumpers and once someone leaves they forfeit their rewards. They cannot block solo clubs because there are many people that decided to play solo this year for various reasons, no time to play full time in a club, too expensive, etc... If they block out solo clubs many people will be excluded from playing.
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    @dkarski87 Don't let users get entries if they enter during a CvC match: problem solved! I also like your idea of not getting rewards if you leave/enter during a CvC match.
  • Options
    Yea the fresh entries is such an stupid and easy fix.
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    bigbacondizzle23bigbacondizzle23 Registered Users, Member 54 Posts
    I like CVC probably because for some reason I don't know of my team is good. I have gotten rounds of over 250k on auto play. I know some people in my club are unhappy when I win the prizes but It has helped strengthen my team. I am now trying to wait and see if others guys on my team can get the high round if they do I will leave it for them. We don't usually score very high in club events but have a pretty loyal group of guys.
  • Options
    buaya123buaya123 Registered Users, Member 106 Posts
    Do you think CVC will resume tomorrow?
  • Options
    Hope so. Need more al and no allstars
  • Options
    Nl
  • Options
    If we're being honest, the only good part of CvC was the rewards.

The gameplay was terrible. Even with maxed out mashers facing terrible pitchers, it was impossible to get hitting streaks going. A 45 rated pitcher dominating 260 hitters? Sure.

It's like they took the horrible hitting algorithms from walk off hero and imported them directly to CvC. If they're going to give our hitters a wet noodle at the plate, they should at least show a few Barilla advertisements.

The multipliers were a joke. You put together a few hits in a row then get robbed by an impossible defensive play and you lose half of your multiplier.

It didn't take long for people to figure out that autoplaying every round was far superior to actually playing. You only played live, if you were smart, when your autoplay score was huge and your multiplier above 100.

If it wasn't for the decent (not amazing) rewards, no one would've wasted time on the mode. The rewards were only decent because they usually involved loot boxes with notoriously low odds of paying out anything useful. You could win every box and end up with nothing more than XP.

Frankly, if they're going to tone down the rewards, they'll have to realize a lot of people won't participate.
  • Options
    SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    My experience has been quite different. Although I used autoplay from time to time, majority of the time I played manually and did quite well most of the time, in the brackets we were in.. I really enjoyed CvC due to the head to head competition and the rewards., regularly winning mvp and/or high round. I'm at Silver 4 and maybe if I was Gold/Platinum my story would be different. Btw, I've never won WOH, got close a few times, but never won... same with slugfest, so obviously I'm not a great player with a great team. I think the design of CvC and rewards given really motivated me and I got the hang of hit easier.... or I was just fortunate. I hope it comes back without losing the original benefits, but adjusting it to encourage more club members participation and to stop the splitting off from clubs to participate solo.
    It's all done with mirrors
  • Options
    maddmaxx67maddmaxx67 Registered Users, Member 140 Posts
    I loved c vs c as a silver team. I always manually played as a solo team club and won about 80% of my matchups. The amount of Prime and Legend XP helped me build my team to what it is today. Besides the awards, I loved the event, the strategy of whether I should continue the entry or starting a new one. I liked going against teams that had six or seven members playing against me and beating all of them was a blast. It truly is my favorite event.

i like WOH, am bored to tears with autoplay events. If c vs C is truly gone, I will only spend gold for WOH. Slugger should not have its own hitters, use our regular team. I would love to use my Babe Ruth in sluggers