Options

No Videos Available At This Time

buaya123buaya123 Registered Users, Member 106 Posts
I am getting the "No Videos Available At This Time" message when I tried to watch videos to get gold. Does anyone else have the same issue? This is incredibly frustrating, esp. when it also happens when I try to watch video after losing a round in Slugfest.
Prev1

Comments

• Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Same here, been like that since the "technical update" today. Very frustrating indeed. Sent in a ticket. No response yet.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    LonzoBallinLonzoBallin Registered Users, Member 637 Posts
    Many people on Facebook stating that they are experiencing the same issue. It is clearly effecting a large population of players.
    Proud TSB VIP!
  • Options
    whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    Well I watched 20 tops videos in about 3-5 minutes, got 80 gold and then no videos available, I’m guessing they don’t want that and are trying to fix prevent that from happening.
  • Options
    redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    Yeah I got the same message too if this is a thing my ability to compete is going to take a huge hit as I funded my team primarily from videos as I can’t afford to spend frequently.  This would chase a lot of the f2p crowd off and while I know glu needs money to provide us a game but the f2ps provide teams to play against, and are potentially customers down the line.  I spent maybe 20 dollars last season, that is up to 60 this season.
  • Options
    HaraycarayHaraycaray Registered Users, Member 910 Posts
    Ran smoothly for me, got the no video message, ran smoothly, got it again. Probably just buggy is all. 
  • Options
    Been down 3 hours now for me
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I've had that issue for weeks now. :(
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Seems like it's happening to a lot of people ...

If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
  • Options
    MISSREDMISSRED Registered Users, Member 251 Posts
    whammo911 said:
    Thats good insight! Thanks for posting!
    "If a man gives you his best, what more can you ask him to give".
  • Options
    Had a few minutes to check and still no videos available, until yesterday I’d never seen that happening to me before and I would watch on an average day 100-150 videos, more when I was chasing something like a PotW.  Here’s hoping this isn’t the new normal.
  • Options
    It's one thing to have no videos available for free gold, it's another thing to not be able to use a video restart in WOH and Slugfest. Also, no extra Moments Pick each day. Really hope this is rectified before WOH on Monday. I rely heavily on that video restart.
    Proud TSB VIP!
  • Options
    caddie2323caddie2323 Registered Users, Member 187 Posts
    Yeah I’ve watched an insane amount and watched 40 gold worth this am and now none for me either.  Bought a mountain yesterday.  So maybe they disable videos to get more purchases.  
  • Options
    caddie2323caddie2323 Registered Users, Member 187 Posts
    Ive passed what I wanted to spend.  Up to about $300 and am at the goat level of Diamond.  But videos was a huge part of the game for me.  Try and do enough videos a week for a prime xp box.  One day maybe I’ll be granted vip status and get some nice gift boxes but I stopped thinking that was a real possibility a long time ago.
  • Options
    I work nights and wasn’t busy so I was pumped to get some gold for evo, and xp. Wasn’t able to watch a video since 6 pm yesterday 
  • Options
    SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    As much as the statement from CS above regarding advertisers making choices and targeting their ad budgets to specific demographics as well as geographic allocation of those budgets is true, I have difficulty accepting that's all that is going on here. From conversations I've had and reading these forums, it seems pretty clear that the lack of videos is universal, and not demographic/geographic specific. Since the problem started, the videos are at best playing in small batches, once in a very long while. For a business model that is very similar to many other phone app games (including the demographic/geographic reach) that relies heavily on ad revenue to survive and thrive, this problem would be a catastrophe if it were soley based on advertisers changing their plans. My long winded point/opinion is that the problem has as much to do with something going on inside Glu/TSB as it does with advertisers... or the two with each other.
    It's all done with mirrors
  • Options
    tribeWS18tribeWS18 Registered Users, Member 71 Posts
    What I dont understand is if there is a shortage of advertising, why doesn't glu advertise its other games atleast temporarily to fill in the gaps/slow times? Atleast for the restart videos and moments videos your going to have alot of people not playing the game if this continues. I hope they get this figured out soon because I am quickly losing interest in the product im getting...
  • Options
    mrfadedglorymrfadedglory Registered Users, Member 16 Posts
    Not good at all.

they need to be on top of this and make up for it. 

And does anyway wait a good 30-60 seconds for another video pop up?
  • Options
    JammyD0dgerJammyD0dger Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    No videos for a couple of days now, with only a small number of gold cards to go to get Matt Kemp. Can’t play this game without videos, not made of money
  • Options
    cbidgejbagscbidgejbags Registered Users, Member 32 Posts
    No video ads started yesterday but I started getting videos again later in the evening.  Nothing at all today to get a free bonus game or extra epic medal.  Bummer
  • Options
    cbidgejbagscbidgejbags Registered Users, Member 32 Posts
    Moment 
  • Options
    pedspeds Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    Let me get this straight, all advertisers simultaneously decided they no longer wanted to target my demographic. Sounds logical.
  • Options
    SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    edited August 2018
    Yup...it's the party line

There are some people reporting getting some videos today. A buddy of mine has 3 teams on 3 devices of course. Two teams, no videos since yesterday, 1 team started getting videos today. My son is getting videos in batches of 8-10 then nothing for awhile, then they start again. ... and I'm getting nothing.
    It's all done with mirrors
  • Options
    I can understand if things were working normally if it was just a demographic/geographic issue but the issue is being reported on this forum and Twitter as well by many people, also the fact this started to happen right after their technical update that delayed bonus points yesterday has me wondering when they fixed that issue if it didn’t break videos, none here in the last 18 hours.
  • Options
    Nothing at all here. Being unable to get the extra Moments Pick each day is definitely going to cost me any chance of picking up Prime Kemp. I don't have any need for him, but I'd be pretty upset if I was counting on getting him and the video issue cost me the chance.
    Proud TSB VIP!
  • Options
    I have an Android phone.
  • Options
    Here is the way to do the same thing on Android phones:
    https://www.ghacks.net/2015/04/20/how-to-reset-your-advertising-id-on-android/

Step 1: Open Google Settings on your Android device by tapping on menu and then on Google Settings once all apps are displayed on the screen.
    Step 2: Locate and tap on the Ads menu under Services.
    Step 3: Tap on "reset advertising ID" on the new page. The page lists the current advertising ID on the same page.
    Step 4: Confirm the reset when the confirmation prompt is displayed. Once you reset the advertising ID, a new ID is displayed immediately on the same page. Since a new ID is assigned now, advertisers cannot link past actions anymore to the device if only the advertising ID was used for that.
  • Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    If you do this you risk getting banned from TapJoy offers. Their policy states resetting your ID will ban you. Its a risk. Good luck!
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    ExposMontrealExposMontreal Registered Users, Member 242 Posts
    It as nothing to do with your location, on my 2nd team I have no problem with them
    ExposMontreal - 71K Strenght - Silver V
    “There was always something missing in Montreal.” – Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    dkarski87 said:

If you do this you risk getting banned from TapJoy offers. Their policy states resetting your ID will ban you. Its a risk. Good luck!

Not really a risk as I am already fed up with Tapjoy.