Options

Issues when updating to latest version of MLB TSB 18

[Glu Sports] blueleopard[Glu Sports] blueleopard Administrator, Moderators 815 Posts
edited August 2018 in Tap Sports Bulletin Board
Hey guys, Blue here.

Just letting you all know that we're fully aware of the crashing issues people on iOS are seeing when they update to the latest version. We're on it now, but for those looking for a quick fix, please follow the instructions below:

- Delete the app.
- Reinstall the app.

The multiple device login restriction has been temporarily relaxed, but it's still possible you'll get logged out. If this is the case, PM me with your username and I'll unlock the restriction so you can login.

If your account is not tied to a Facebook or E-Mail account, you need to contact Customer Care and give them your username so they can associate it with an e-mail address of your choice.

Yes, there will be a global reward after we get everything sorted out.

Thank you all for your patience, and we're sorry for the inconvenience.

Update 8/17 - We updated to 2.0.2 yesterday and that fixed the crashing issues. If you're on the old version and are waiting, it's safe to update now.

If you updated to 2.0.1, saw the crashing issues, deleted the app, and then reinstalled and got logged out -- again, I'm helping people who got logged out. Just PM me your username.

If you left your username here, I will not be looking at them. I'll be here for a few hours and will be tending to PMs and will NOT be on over the weekend.
Prev1

Comments

• Options
    Trajan117Trajan117 Registered Users, Member 22 Posts
    Any idea when it’ll be fixed? 
  • Options
    newfynewfy Registered Users, Member 416 Posts
    hey blue,  I didn’t do update yet, because I heard of the issues,   Should I still wait a while? Or do it now , and hope for the best?   Do I need to do it ?     Thanks
  • Options
    LonzoBallinLonzoBallin Registered Users, Member 637 Posts
    newfy said:

hey blue,  I didn’t do update yet, because I heard of the issues,   Should I still wait a while? Or do it now , and hope for the best?   Do I need to do it ?     Thanks

I would recommend you wait, as there is a high probability (if you have an iphone) that you will experience issues after upgrading. That said, if your account is backed up to Facebook or email, you should have an easy time recovering. The other thing to consider is that the major visible update is big increases in the rewards at the end of Season Mode. If you are approaching the end of a season, I would definitely recommend you upgrade before finishing the season/starting the playoffs.
    Proud TSB VIP!
  • Options
    LouiethumpsLouiethumps Registered Users, Member 7 Posts
    Hi @blueleopard I’m stuck not able to log back into my account. My username is: louiethumps i also attached a screenshot of the error message I am getting. Anything you can do to help. Thanks.
  • Options
    geauxtigersgeauxtigers Registered Users, Member 6 Posts
    Can't wait for my 3.5 star pitcher I get from the global gift! Or maybe the 2000 xp! 
  • Options
    nadeezynadeezy Registered Users, Member 77 Posts
    Legend only draft pick for the global gift? 😁😁😁
  • Options
    Trajan117Trajan117 Registered Users, Member 22 Posts
    I’d settle for actually being able to play. Please Glu, just fix it already 😑
  • Options
    ExposMontrealExposMontreal Registered Users, Member 242 Posts
    Thanks for the update @blueleopard, hopefully this get resolved quickly!
    ExposMontreal - 71K Strenght - Silver V
    “There was always something missing in Montreal.” – Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    Pault1990Pault1990 Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    Please fix!! Just about to finish Season Mode!!
  • Options
    27andcounting27andcounting Registered Users, Member 19 Posts
    my team name is 27andcounting and i can no longer access my team as my iphone did an auto update when GLU put out the new update i have uninstalled and reinstalled the game with no luck i do have it backed up through email and still no luck! what else can i do?
  • Options

my team name is 27andcounting and i can no longer access my team as my iphone did an auto update when GLU put out the new update i have uninstalled and reinstalled the game with no luck i do have it backed up through email and still no luck! what else can i do?

@27andcounting open the app and tap the three lines at the top left. From there, click the "Settings" tab. From that tab, you should see an option to log in through email (Make sure you are logging in and not registering your email). Then, simply input your email and password, and you should be able to retrieve your account data.
    Proud TSB VIP!
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    edited August 2018
    @newfy as @LonzoBallin suggested those iOS users that haven't updated yet should just wait to update until we get the word that the issues are resolved. You aren't missing much with using the old version for now and will save yourself some headache of running into potential issues. Just don't get to the season mode playoffs until you get the new version and you should be fine with the current version you are on.

On a side note I hope GLU does as @LonzoBallin 's signature says and picks him for VIP. He's always on the forums helping others out and definitely deserves the VIP perks more than most.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    ExposMontrealExposMontreal Registered Users, Member 242 Posts
    edited August 2018
    I still don't understand how he isn't @Houmy, maybe with your feedback Glu will realize, you're right @LonzoBallin is always here helping people, no one's faster then him to answer new discussions.
    ExposMontreal - 71K Strenght - Silver V
    “There was always something missing in Montreal.” – Pedro Martinez
  • Options

@27andcounting open the app and tap the three lines at the top left. From there, click the "Settings" tab. From that tab, you should see an option to log in through email (Make sure you are logging in and not registering your email). Then, simply input your email and password, and you should be able to retrieve your account data.
    @LonzoBallin i have tried that and i keep getting the same error message that it is not allowed on this device and this is the only device i have played on
  • Options

@LonzoBallin i have tried that and i keep getting the same error message that it is not allowed on this device and this is the only device i have played on
    @27andcounting That's odd as GLU had stated that they had relaxed the login rules. I would suggest you contact customer care via https://glumobile.helpshift.com/a/mlb-tap-sports-baseball-2018/?p=web&contact=1 and let them know the issue you are experiencing. They should be able to turn off the error message so that you may log in. Good luck!
    Proud TSB VIP!
  • Options

@27andcounting That's odd as GLU had stated that they had relaxed the login rules. I would suggest you contact customer care via https://glumobile.helpshift.com/a/mlb-tap-sports-baseball-2018/?p=web&contact=1 and let them know the issue you are experiencing. They should be able to turn off the error message so that you may log in. Good luck!
    @LonzoBallin i have sent them a couple messages just sent another one now with no response all i keep getting is the "tap professional" telling me the same thing re install log in and it will work, but i have had no luck! i have a VIP team and all legit hope they figure it out im not happy at all!
  • Options
    Wickedwildcats19247Wickedwildcats19247 Registered Users, Member 7 Posts
    They should make him a partner because they sure as h€\\ don’t respond or reply or help in any way whatsoever. 
  • Options

@LonzoBallin i have sent them a couple messages just sent another one now with no response all i keep getting is the "tap professional" telling me the same thing re install log in and it will work, but i have had no luck! i have a VIP team and all legit hope they figure it out im not happy at all!
    @LonzoBallin i think the lack of any comunication from GLU is what pisses me off! when your in there spending money they get back to you right away literally seconds through the vip customer service tool but now with this crash/mistake on their end i have not heard one word from them in over 24 hours now!
  • Options
    edited August 2018

@LonzoBallin i think the lack of any comunication from GLU is what pisses me off! when your in there spending money they get back to you right away literally seconds through the vip customer service tool but now with this crash/mistake on their end i have not heard one word from them in over 24 hours now!
    That's rough man, I feel for you. I wish there some something more I could suggest. I'm sure they're completed overwhelmed with support requests right now so just hang in there. Hopefully you'll receive a resolution soon.
    Proud TSB VIP!
  • Options

That's rough man, I feel for you. I wish there some something more I could suggest. I'm sure they're completed overwhelmed with support requests right now so just hang in there. Hopefully you'll receive a resolution soon.
    @LonzoBallin agreed i am sure they are way overloaded right now but i would like just anything from them within 24 hours i think that is reasonable!! guess all i can do is keep emailing and trying or im just screwed who knows!
  • Options

Hey guys, Blue here.

Just letting you all know that we're fully aware of the crashing issues people on iOS are seeing when they update to the latest version. We're on it now, but for those looking for a quick fix, please follow the instructions below:

- Delete the app.
    - Reinstall the app.

The multiple device login restriction has been temporarily relaxed, but it's still possible you'll get logged out. If this is the case, PM me with your username and I'll unlock the restriction so you can login.

If your account is not tied to a Facebook or E-Mail account, you need to contact Customer Care and give them your username so they can associate it with an e-mail address of your choice.

Yes, there will be a global reward after we get everything sorted out.

Thank you all for your patience, and we're sorry for the inconvenience.

@blueleopard i have deleted and reinstalled app my team is backed up with email and i still cannot get in i have emailed customer service with no response any other suggestions?
  • Options
    newfynewfy Registered Users, Member 416 Posts
    Houmy said:
    @newfy as @LonzoBallin suggested those iOS users that haven't updated yet should just wait to update until we get the word that the issues are resolved. You aren't missing much with using the old version for now and will save yourself some headache of running into potential issues. Just don't get to the season mode playoffs until you get the new version and you should be fine with the current version you are on. On a side note I hope GLU does as @LonzoBallin 's signature says and picks him for VIP. He's always on the forums helping others out and definitely deserves the VIP perks more than most.
    Thanks @houmy  for your opinion.  It’s always a good one.    I agree with you about @LonzoBallin being idea canadate for vip program.  He is always here to answer question and give good advice.  He helps keep some weight off GLUS shoulders!!!   If he has spent his contribution amount $.  Then definitely, he should get it.   

Next I’d say ,  my phone did auto update while not in use.  Now I have issues with some things in game. But I can still get in.   
        * when I try to play a tourney game, it crashes. This still happening now!!!    
       * some members of our club using android were getting points in slugfest while they played bonus games and win tourneys.  
        And last, as @houmy said,  the new rewards on season mode are awesome!!!    Thanks GLU.   It was well needed.   The legend xp and prime xp are hard to come by.  And you need 1 million or more to stack a team.   Also great EVO payouts for it.   So despite the issues right now in #onehappycustomer.   
  • Options
    razorcatrazorcat Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    You say to delete the app and reinstall but when I start to delete the app it says I will lose all data. I don't want that happening
  • Options
    LudwigMonsterLudwigMonster Registered Users, Member 381 Posts
    [TSB] blue leopard helped me out last night and I was able to log in using my email & password (via the settings screen) after deleting and re-installing the app on my iPhone. Thanks again!!
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    @razorcat that's what happens when you delete an app. All of it's data and files would be wiped clean.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    Tpore99957Tpore99957 Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    I deleted and reinstalled the app and I still cannot log in! My username is Tpore99567!
  • Options
    Tpore99957Tpore99957 Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    Oh never mind! I have just fixed the problem! Sorry to be a bother
  • Options
    razorcat said:

You say to delete the app and reinstall but when I start to delete the app it says I will lose all data. I don't want that happening

@razorcat it is true when you delete the app all data will be lost (from your device), but all of your data is still saved on GLU's servers. If you've backed up your account via Facebook or Email, you should be able to log back in and re-populate all of your data once you reinstall the app. In the event your data is not backed up via Facebook or email, all is not lost, as customer care can link your previous data to an email address so you can regain access.
    Proud TSB VIP!
  • Options
    snydsoxsnydsox Registered Users, Member 5 Posts
    If I can’t get in the game where can I back up my team to email
  • Options
    snydsox said:

If I can’t get in the game where can I back up my team to email

@snydsox if your account had not previously been backed up via Facebook or Email, you have two options. Option 1 is to simply wait for GLU to release a fix, at which point your data should be restored. Option 2 is to contact customer care via https://glumobile.helpshift.com/a/mlb-tap-sports-baseball-2018/?p=web&contact=1 and ask them to link your current team to an email address of you choosing. Since we have not seen a timeline for when full access is expected to be restored, there is no way of telling which option would result in quicker restored access to your account.
    Proud TSB VIP!