Options

I really need help

jpuck6190jpuck6190 Registered Users, Member 156 Posts
ok guys here goes nothing... for some reason this game has been boring to me lately but the one thing that brings me back is slugfest.. i just really love the event. Its nice to actually have to manually play for a change i guess.. i got a late start this season but have spent enough money to catch up. The only issue i have is slugfest. I busted out 15k gold last week to try and boost my sluggers up to par in hopes of my first cycle. All that gold and only one 5 star pick. But alas i finally cycled! And pulled a switch hitter and ramirez to boot. I was pumped to say the least. This week was a whole different story. Boom i race to level 5.7 and hit an absolute wall...im still in silver tier so my ramirez is maxed at 179 slugging. Im now facing a 199 judge and this is only 5.7. Im not shy about spending here so i dumped 4k gold into boosts replays whatever i could do to have another chance but nothing mattered. I has 17 tries at it with 3 rounds over 6k barely but still cant win. Please help me someone lol should i just face the facts that my sluggers are too far behind? I really thought i would be okay. 

Comments

• Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    Yeah unfortunately you are way too late to the party. On most rosters for those that have played since day 1 5* Judge wouldn't even be top 10. Sorry if what I post crushes all hope but I just don't want you wasting gold/$$$ where it won't help.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    Hmm basically my situation (just talked about today in a different thread) but you're ahead of me with the last 4 guys... I was given a small crumb of hope, so you should be in a much better light....
    It's all done with mirrors
  • Options
    nym5fannym5fan Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    You are far behind. I wouldnt say it is impossible... But you will lose a lot and have to fight back up to the later rounds and hope for the opposing hitter to F up. It does happen. 6-10 this week one time he missed 3 pitches. Pick your rounds to boos wisely and you may be able to do it. Unfotunately you may end up using a lot of gold. Question for you is, is it worth it? Im not sure. That question goes for you too @Sandpipers.... Is it worth it?
    From Wentz he came, he shall be returned!
  • Options
    jpuck6190jpuck6190 Registered Users, Member 156 Posts
    nym5fan said:
    You are far behind. I wouldnt say it is impossible... But you will lose a lot and have to fight back up to the later rounds and hope for the opposing hitter to F up. It does happen. 6-10 this week one time he missed 3 pitches. Pick your rounds to boos wisely and you may be able to do it. Unfotunately you may end up using a lot of gold. Question for you is, is it worth it? Im not sure. That question goes for you too @Sandpipers.... Is it worth it?
    After reading these responses 2 months ago yes worth it. Now not a chance too many glitches to even keep it interesting. My videos havent worked for weeks. The recent drama with the bonus players and mystery boxes. Ill take my money to madden. Sad for glue too its probably a drop in the water to them but ive spent over 2500 bucks. This thread just seals the deal for me. Thanks for the info everyone
  • Options
    nym5fan said:

Probably not worth it, but I'll give it a couple of shots to see how badly I'm thrashed...that includes not getting draft picks lol. The Prime XP is the only real thing that is worth it and I know I'll be ok there, as long as I can get a couple draft picks to raise me up a bit as thinges get tougher. For me its just to see if I can do it but if no progress after a couple of weeks, I won't hurt myself.... that I save for woh lol
  • Options
    Aah only if GLU allowed us to gift each other sluggers and players. It'll never happen but it would have been great for us. Not so much for GLU but super for us.

• Options
    miggyrisingmiggyrising Registered Users, Member 162 Posts
    I'm only going to add fuel to the already smoldering ashes here. Why not?

I actually started cycling Slugfest regularly about 2 months ago. My first Prime Slugger was Giancarlo Stanton. He's now my slugger slugger to hit each round.

Unfortunately, I've found GLU changed something in the Slugfest algorithms a few weeks back that have made completing Slugfest immeasurably more difficult for anyone above a Bronze level that isn't willing to drop over 1000 Gold or more each week.

About 3 weeks ago, I noticed that the pitchers in Slugfest were throwing more quick pitches and mixing up their velocities much more randomly than before.

I also noticed a few periodic glitches with my hitters.

My favorite is what I call the "holy bat of Satan". That's the bat GLU gives your Prime Sluggers when it really wants you to lose a certain round. Using this bat, my sluggers have hit 9 straight 525 foot bombs to the same part of the bleachers. But, on the 10th pitch, that same slugger mysteriously whiffs at the pitch. He doesn't pull it a little too much or drive it too far to centerfield. He completely swings through the pitch.

Another favorite is when the batter simply doesn't swing on the first pitch. I can tap the same way every time. Every so often, the batter will just freeze up and not swing. I'll see a little hiccup in the graphics for a split second after the no swing as if GLU had just sent me to an alternative game environment for that one swing and is bringing me back to the normal game environment so I don't get too suspicious.

Of course, there's also the glitches that look completely innocuous and leave you questioning your own ability. Those are the times when you real off 99 straight homers to get to the last pitch of a Level only to shank that last pitch into the opposite field despite never coming close to hitting the ball to center field the rest of the level. Or, the ones that go to dead center.

Add in the completely transparent cheating by GLU when they want you to spend gold. On multiple occasions, I've had sizable leads heading into the bonus balls, even when neither batters has missed yet. I've been on 6.7 before facing Judge and been ahead 3617-3385 heading into the bonus balls. I hit 3 straight 520 foot bombs. Finished with 5981 points for the round.

The results page comes up and I've lost. 5993-5981. I remember because I took a screenshot to show my club how I was getting hosed. I did the math on that. The computer claims to have averaged 579 feet per home run over the course of the last 3 bonus balls after having averaged 483 feet for the first 7 pitches. I don't even think it's possible for a human player to get a 579 foot homer to be honest. If someone told me they did hit one that far, I certainly wouldn't believe them without a screenshot. And, it definitely isn't happening with a slugger at Silver, no matter how Prime that slugger may be.

It's pretty clear GLU just decided to win that round no matter how transparently they cheated to accomplish it.

When you mix all of these factors together, you're better off spending your money on Madden that worrying about Slugfest.
  • Options
    @miggyrising I've had the batter freezing issue myself once or twice before but I don't think it has anything to do with GLU trying to make you lose. I won all those times. As far as the difficulty goes honestly level 6 has been easier for me in the last two weeks where I can cycle sometimes on just 1 video restart and only gold spent is on the last 3 sluggers for boosts.

• Options
    miggyrisingmiggyrising Registered Users, Member 162 Posts
    @Houmy Maybe the freezing issues are just bad game development by GLU instead of anything nefarious.

My biggest issue with the recent changes to gameplay is that it's clearly designed to get you to spend gold on boosts knowing you might get glu'd anyway.

If I have the 9 highest rated Prime Sluggers available to users in the game, I shouldn't need to boost all of those sluggers for a random chance at winning. That's video poker, not a sports simulation game.

Last week, I honestly think they forgot to flip the switch at Glu headquarters that activates the wet noodle bats for some players. When they realized too many people were sprinting through the tower, they just reset everyone. Then, they tried to make it okay with a ridiculously paltry gift that included a longshot at a good player.

Personally, I was on level 6.9 when they reset everything. When I clicked to play that round, the app reloaded and I was at level 1.1 again.

An hour and a half down the drain. Here's your XP gift to say we're sorry. They should've, and still should, gift everyone who played the event the bonus player. I still won the event and cycled. But, their continuous glitching and poor responses to it are wearing my thin patience even thinner on a weekly basis.
  • Options
    There are a number regular glitches in various events, most that mimic each other, that have been in the game for a long time, some since it's release. They have never addressed those glitches and after 5 months or whatever it is, I can only assume they are intentionally left in the game. The oldest example is the pitcher arm freeze in slugfest that when it unfreezes, the ball is crossing the plate. Even if you are well experienced with the glitch and can somehow connect with the ball, it is only a waste. When WOH and CvC were first introduced, that glitch was not present. After a couple of updates, it's now in both events. I regularly lose 1 or 2 outs in those two events now because of the glitch, not all day long, but here and there....sometimes back to back hitters. So, is it just another example of a lack of care and attention to detail? Is it an over stressed dev team that cant fix the old stuff because they're too busy releasing new content in the form of new variations of the same players and the boxes and splash pages that advertizes all that needs to be created? Or is it simply intentionally left there.... tough to call at this stage of the game. Btw, I have three devices, two on wifi, one on data, and the problems exist in all devices.