Options

CvC mechanics

DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
I'm an 88k strength silver team and I can't seem to score well in CvC. I've seen much lower rated silver teams consistently auto sim six figures and even break 1mill+ in a round. What's the trick. Surely, I must be missing something.... :(
If you're not having fun, you're losing.
Prev1

Comments

• Options
    nym5fannym5fan Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    DFBB said:

I'm an 88k strength silver team and I can't seem to score well in CvC. I've seen much lower rated silver teams consistently auto sim six figures and even break 1mill+ in a round. What's the trick. Surely, I must be missing something.... :(

The trick is GOLD. Autoplay a high multiplier, then spend lots and lots of gold to keep it going.
    From Wentz he came, he shall be returned!
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I have friends who auto play w/o spending and usually hit six digits per entry.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options

If you were to paint of picture of GLU lol
  • Options
    DFBB said:

I have friends who auto play w/o spending and usually hit six digits per entry.

Yeah, I have autoplayed 6 digits, then used video replay and gold to keep it going for more points. I imagine the million point rounds were done using gold.
  • Options
    LonzoBallinLonzoBallin Registered Users, Member 637 Posts
    edited September 2018
    I don't want to speak for @DFBB , but anyone saying "spend gold" is not understanding the issue. I have an 80,000 strength silver team. When I autoplay, I typically get 0, but will sometimes get as high as 500. There is NEVER a high multiplier, if I'm lucky it may be 6x or 12x. Spending gold does no good, as the next pitch will just be a gentle groundout of popup. For some reason, there are amazing teams that dominate every other event, but can't put up any points autoplaying (or manually playing) in CVC.
    Proud TSB VIP!
  • Options

I don't want to speak for @DFBB , but anyone saying "spend gold" is not understanding the issue. I have an 80,000 strength silver team. When I autoplay, I typically get 0, but will sometimes get as high as 500. There is NEVER a high multiplier, if I'm lucky it may be 6x or 12x. Spending gold does no good, as the next pitch will just be a gentle groundout of popup. For some reason, there are amazing teams that dominate every other event, but can't put up any points autoplaying (or manually playing) in CVC.

Have you tried changing your batting order?
  • Options
    SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    I have 3 teams, with many of the same players in them, and those same players perform very different from each other match after match. One team has prime freeman and prime trout and both dont do very much no matter what I do. My main team is obviously the strongest and is fairly consistent at being the top point producer, while the other two teams are quite even in strength but perform very differently during the match. My main team at times can get over 100k in autoplay while the other two teams get 0 or maybe 2500. So, basically I'm saying sometimes it seems to make sense and sometimes not at all. Btw, it seems most opponents we come up against these days are just autoplaying.... and to some degree I can understand it just to avoid the glitches. Twice today on two different teams I lost all my points for an entry due to game glitches, so I started autoplaying too..... so tired of the glitches that never get fixed in this game.
    It's all done with mirrors
  • Options

I have 3 teams, with many of the same players in them, and those same players perform very different from each other match after match. One team has prime freeman and prime trout and both dont do very much no matter what I do. My main team is obviously the strongest and is fairly consistent at being the top point producer, while the other two teams are quite even in strength but perform very differently during the match. My main team at times can get over 100k in autoplay while the other two teams get 0 or maybe 2500. So, basically I'm saying sometimes it seems to make sense and sometimes not at all. Btw, it seems most opponents we come up against these days are just autoplaying.... and to some degree I can understand it just to avoid the glitches. Twice today on two different teams I lost all my points for an entry due to game glitches, so I started autoplaying too..... so tired of the glitches that never get fixed in this game.

I lost a 141k point round in the previous CvC season due to a glitch where the game wouldn't exit at the end. It would just pan left to right for ever till the app restarted. Points were awarded to our club total, but the round points weren't in my team point balance. I would have been MVP that round... Lost out on two Labor Day boxes. Sent screenshots to CS and have been getting the "we will send to the developers to look into" message over and over. I refuse to close the ticket and keep hitting NO you have not answered my questions and am demanding they send an apology gift... I deserve something for this since I have solid proof.
  • Options
    Yup, same thing happens almost every match at least once with at least one of my teams. Then there's the ball disappearing mid-pitch.... the frozen arm of the pitcher until the ball is past you... etc
  • Options

Yup, same thing happens almost every match at least once with at least one of my teams. Then there's the ball disappearing mid-pitch.... the frozen arm of the pitcher until the ball is past you... etc

my favorite is the invisible hit that magically is fielded by the catcher when a runner is on 3rd and is invisibly thrown home for the out. Then the ball magically reappears lol.
  • Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    When the screen starts to pan out left to right its a wifi issue, disconnect from your wifi network and try your mobile network. It usually fixes the issue and restarts the inning again.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    dkarski87 said:

When the screen starts to pan out left to right its a wifi issue, disconnect from your wifi network and try your mobile network. It usually fixes the issue and restarts the inning again.

I am rarely on wifi. So I know that isn't the issue. Only way I have been able to stop it is lock the device and unlock which restarts the app and the points award to the club but not my team.
  • Options
    hmm, yea I dont know then. I heard from @houmy that helped him when the panning stuff happens. I tried it a few times as well and it reconnects the game without losing progress in the match. Sounds like another bug that needs fixing.
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    @nym5fan the next time that happens instead of locking/unlocking the app try something else. Bring up all the open apps and click on TSB18 to go back to it and see if that fixes it without losing your progress. Locking/unlocking in WOH & slugfest usually restart the app but a quick (really quick, few seconds) app minimize/change doesn't so it may work the same in CVC.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    Houmy said:

@nym5fan the next time that happens instead of locking/unlocking the app try something else. Bring up all the open apps and click on TSB18 to go back to it and see if that fixes it without losing your progress. Locking/unlocking in WOH & slugfest usually restart the app but a quick (really quick, few seconds) app minimize/change doesn't so it may work the same in CVC.

WHEN it happens again I will try that. Thanks @Houmy
  • Options
    simonsays44simonsays44 Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    I have the same problem. I have a 92k gold team and can’t put high score while autoplaying. Just don’t make any sense compared to other teams that are weaker than mine. Boosting with gold is not even enough. It’s frustrating and glu can’t answer me about that crap.
  • Options
    jabber83jabber83 Registered Users, Member 41 Posts
    My club chats about this every CVC. We've discovered that the free video boosts reappear every 15 minutes, letting you boost your hitting and multiier 3x for free. Personally, I score higher when I sim after the half hour mark. I almost always get 5-6 digit rounds after 30 minutes of the round. Likewise, I usually only get 0-3 digit scores in the first half. 

But making good lineup choices is key. Going based on overall numbers doesn't work. You have to go LRL or RLR to get something sustainable. And if you have a super bonus player, watch the videos and then place them #1 in order. That way, your #2 hitter gets at least 1500x bonus if your leadoff hitter gets on. It takes a lot of tweaking, but the lineup is important. 

Unfortunately, the brackets are setup by club overall, not individual. So you stand a good chance at facing a team with a really heavy hitter (good hitters, good lineup, good bonus, good gold reserve, good timing in the CVC)
  • Options
    ChiefHagChiefHag Registered Users, Member 10 Posts
    My videos didnt reset after 15 mins
  • Options
    They reset after 30min, not 15min.
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    And I didn't notice any difference with autoplay when I used it, anywhere between 0-150k ... mostly in the 3 and 4 digit variety lol.
    Like most things, everyone's experiences are probably a bit different
  • Options
    I have had 700k entries to 0's.. lol. I got Cain in the free gift so I leveled him up, and I could not break 20k with boosts with him in the line up. When back to my normal roster and broke 100k. Its seems very random, I know people with 100k gold teams that cant break 100k while other with less do it on a normal basis. So who knows how the auto play works, doesn't make sense to me at times.
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I have an 86k Gold team and I tend to average around 200-250k per matchup with some peaks (450-500k) and some valleys (125-150k) with one or two huge rounds per day, I’ve manually batted a 350k round on Thursday and had a couple 100-200k rounds today with a 237k autoplay + 2 continues.  My batting order is very solid now, my catcher unfortunately hasn’t been upgraded yet but the other 8 guys are primes and All Stars.  I also have the ability with one switch hitter to go to RLR all the way down or vice versa which for some reason I think helps a lot.  I probably win high round/MVP in 90+% of our wins and occasionally still win high round when we lose too I had one like that today.  It does feel random but there’s at least a few teams in my club comparable to mine but I rarely see others score more than 100k in a matchup.  I wish ATG evo wasn’t so damn expensive I have Mays capped in silver with around 100k legend exp to spend but don’t have the 7-9k gold to buy up his evo :/, but I digress.  
  • Options
    MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts

No CvC today I guess?  Nothing on the schedule.

• Options

@Metsicans it will probably show up around the 12pm refresh when the bonus event starts. I would assume anyways.

• Options
    qkponyqkpony Registered Users, Member 111 Posts

I can't stand c vs c. I also have a 85k team and can hardly ever get 20k points and auto I usually get 10 or 0 points.

• Options
    snowy24snowy24 Registered Users, Member 304 Posts

#1 Draft Picks for MVP and high round. 🙄 Is it me or does it feel like Glu enjoys spitting in our faces? Pathetic.

• Options
    snowy24snowy24 Registered Users, Member 304 Posts

What’s rewards in platinum/diamond?

• Options

@snowy24 here you go

• Options

And the rewards could change for any event and specially so for Platinum & Diamond tiers. To see the rewards just go to CVC==>REWARDS and click the information tab under "MATCH REWARDS"