Options

Who are WoH Pitchers 5-9 and 5-10???

2Next

Comments

• Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts

Sure was, poms with no boost on 8 and 9. Glad I did it early, wont be spending anymore gold trying to cycle.

"Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    nym5fannym5fan Registered Users, Member 767 Posts

@houmy I'll start it off by saying it was easier before they changed the pitchers lol. I can't get by Verlander to save my life.

From Wentz he came, he shall be returned!
  • Options
    redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    edited September 2018

If 5.10 is Diaz it was easier earlier, thankfully I got through early lol. After getting up there it most definitely was easier earlier today, Snell was nasty even against Prime Altuve with level 10 Late Innings I'll try later after dinner.

• Options
    SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts

I think I'm gonna get some therapy. ..just don't know what kind yet

It's all done with mirrors
  • Options
    ChiefHagChiefHag Registered Users, Member 10 Posts

I made it to kershaw earlier in day and couldnt beat em with boomstick boosted 20%...3 times...just want to make sure i have this right. You need to use lefties against lefty pitcher correct....and you are at disadvantage if you use a righty against a lefty pitcher ?

• Options
    snowy24snowy24 Registered Users, Member 304 Posts

Who knows. This game is so random. But I hear lefties against RHPs and righties against LHPs, although I beat Kershaw with POTM Soto who is a lefty two straight weeks. Now I have LHB Ruth and Yelich. Can’t get past Snell. 🤷‍♀️

• Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts

Boomstick cannot beat diaz. He is only a 410max prime. You need a pom with a decent skill above 7% or better like a legend. Diaz is very hard to beat. Guys with ATG are having issues so imagine a 500max player having problems. Very tough now, few more weeks it will be unbeatable just like in 17. They raise the cieling level so high the only way is to restart over and over till you get lucky with fastballs and dont miss. Even then, could take you 30+ attemps before you get a decent shot. Very frustrating to say the least.

"Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    brycem15brycem15 Registered Users, Member 15 Posts

This has become a joke. There is exactly a 0% chance of winning when you don’t even get 5 at bats with fastballs in a round.

• Options
    spicedaddy30spicedaddy30 Registered Users, Member 141 Posts

Erroneous. That's what walk off is today lol I've gone at it the best way I can (being a statistical thinker) and I use Johnny bench for Diaz as bench has late innings and Diaz has vs lefty batter skill . I didn't even attempt using mantle as Diaz vs lefty skill would be on and mantles skill would be iirelevant . Anyhow . I know my numbers . 0-14. 14 times I've played Diaz. 3 times I was blessed with a few fastballs and got myself to a 5-4 score .. runner on 2nd (all 3 times) seemed the same exact scenario all 3 times I was close . Then with only 1 out and tying run on 2nd I'll give you a guess as to what I saw .. yes correct Sliders . Relentlessly. Well on slider #3 I swing. Weak grounder (if I hit it at all) . Well I assure you Glu . You'll get no gold from me for any restarts for a first baseman. Whose marginally better (+5points) then all star Freeman . But sig. Goldgy has a garbage skill. Hard pass on spending any gold on aquiring him . Really quite dissatisfied with such low quality reward for such a hard play through. If they put lindor signature up . If be dropping my gold on replays maybe even boosting (which I never do) but as it stands in my mind . Woh rewards today are as crappy as the lowly weekend event rewards offered . O well. There's always Wednesday

Sorry for the rant guys lol

• Options
    MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts

I can’t believe how hard walkoff is now. Last year there were a few times I went through the tower 10 times to cap the player. Now it’s just so hard it is taking the fun out of my favorite event.

• Options
    spicedaddy30spicedaddy30 Registered Users, Member 141 Posts

This will be the first time since potm Soto that I have not beat it . I wasn't super enthused about him as reward either as his boost being gone now he's another woh reward that will ride the pine . Idk why I even bother with Mondays anymore . None of the players are much of an addition to the team .

• Options
    JdotChristopherJdotChristopher Registered Users, Member 392 Posts

Diaz throws pitches way outside that get called as strikes. I literally got the same pitch 9 times and couldn’t come close to hitting it! First time it’s been that much of a fixed loss for me on the last round.

• Options

I finally got by verlander, 1/13 I think, and almost had Snell in extra innings but couldn't get back. Potw is out and I see two lefties at max 450, harper and ohtani. Gives me some hope again... but damn man, I need a max 430 or better lefty/switch hitter (or 2) so I don't have to keep buying these rentals. However, if the task keeps getting farther out of reach, I'll eventually shut down as well.

• Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts

@Sandpipers I have max 425 and 430 lefty and righties and Diaz is still near impossible to get through so don't be discouraged by your lineup. This has been the norm for petty much the last month and now that Diaz is POTM again it'll probably go on for a while. Seems like there is a gold spent threshold now before the app lets you cycle.

And of course sometimes we get lucky and they forget to change the pitchers like this morning so we get to play the "easy" mode for a bit. 2nd time it's happened this year and I believe the 1st time was when the 1st prime player was offered on WOH.

"Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options

Thx @Houmy for the encoragement. It's weird but I didn't have that much trouble with Diaz in the previous few wohs but I chalk that up to me being silver and getting lucky with the pitches. Verlander and kershaw however smacked me around. The other thing is I have been getting through to 5.10 with only 1 or 2 restarts but once I fail there, it becomes a really long day just getting back as the earlier pitchers start causing me trouble on the 2nd and beyond attempts. Anyway, will mine some gold and will get those lefties... the Golden Buddha rub didn't pan out for jackson or mantle lol.