Options

WOH Update- As of Wed Sept 19th, 2018 - NEW PITCHERS

dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
edited September 2018 in General TSB Discussion

It may be changed again so do not hold me accountable for changes. Just trying to help whoever needs it.

"Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
– The Great Houmy
Prev13

Comments

• Options
    MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts

Good stuff, thanks for doing this.  Now they will promptly change everything.  :)

• Options
    nym5fannym5fan Registered Users, Member 767 Posts

If last Royale was a hint of anything.... they didn't change the pitchers from that Monday for the Royale event. So I would guess today's royale would be same pitchers as Monday's WoH event.

From Wentz he came, he shall be returned!
  • Options

Doubtful, the information is already out there so its nothing new. Hopefully they change diaz to rd9 so its a little easier. Good luck everyone!

– The Great Houmy
  • Options
    redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts

I’ve gotten to 5.9 so far and it’s still Snell for now.

• Options
    ameeshcubbieameeshcubbie Registered Users, Member 184 Posts
    edited September 2018

it's the same as Monday 9/10.  The second time.   Happ, Verlander, Snell, Diaz

in that order

• Options
    MacGruberMacGruber Registered Users, Member 158 Posts

My 5.7 is Hamels

• Options
    ameeshcubbieameeshcubbie Registered Users, Member 184 Posts

crap...I meant Hamels.....my bad totally!

• Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts

It's the exact same as Monday, but Diaz appeared to be more generous with fastballs. I beat it on my 4th try(video restarts each time).

If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options

@DFBB how the hell do I get past verlander? roar

• Options

I used Chucky!

• Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts

@DFBB I am guessing Molina was from the Royale box? Have others cycled and did you all get Signature Primes? If that is the case then I may have to give it a go as well later this evening. Cycled the 1st 4 already as I wanted it to go faster in case I decided to go for it.

"Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options

@Houmy Yes, Molina was from the Royale box. 25% chance at him. The other options are potm acuna, potm andujar, and the Saberhagen Legend box(2.5% chance). The three players are bonus players in various events too! It's definitely worth chasing!

• Options

Thanks @DFBB . I will give Slugfest a couple of more cycles and then switch over to WOH instead. 1 in 4 chances of getting a signature catcher is alright by me.

• Options

@DFBB, what benchs bonus at? like 14%?

– The Great Houmy
  • Options
    SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    edited September 2018

15 straight curve balls, after video restart, several gold restarts... get a couple runs, then 9 more curves... best I got to was 5-4 score... 0-16 tries.... for Diaz

It's all done with mirrors
  • Options

This is their response to Monday's complaints. Up the reward and people will still try the impossible.

• Options

I know others had complained a lot about endless curves from Diaz in several previous wohs, but I hadn't had the same experience.... until today... and endless is the word to describe it. I'd get a couple runs and then 9 curves in a row. I actually got a single and a couple sacrifices off curves but of course that was very few and far between. Tried fouling them off but could only muster 4 before I'd get a pop up for the catcher or 3b. Sucks. I dunno if it's worth the time trying to get back to him again

• Options
  • Options

Yeap game over for me. Got sick of restarting over so spent the gold on restarts just like they wanted me too. 10k later and I saw a total of maybe 20 fastballs. Never more then 2 per sequence. Total joke, its not even fun anymore. Out of all those restarts you would think you would get a sequence that worked, NOPE. I never missed any fastballs and never got more then 2 or 3 per attempt. Even used the 20% boost on Micky even though he doesnt need it and still no luck. Not worth the time or effort anymore.

– The Great Houmy
  • Options
    HaraycarayHaraycaray Registered Users, Member 910 Posts

MLB9Innings18 is pretty fun guys lol

• Options

See you there!!!!!

– The Great Houmy
  • Options

Well I'm done for today. Was thinking of staying in and try for WOH instead of going out with friends. When you almost trade real life for an app that lately has cost more than it should......

• Options

Any luck in WOH pal?

– The Great Houmy
  • Options

Glu needs to start listening to its users. Especially those who spend on their broken product in hopes it will get better.

• Options

Broken and at times what seems a scam

• Options

@Sandpipers 100% predetermined outcomes and manipulated box odds

• Options
    edited September 2018

Yeap

– The Great Houmy
  • Options
    edited September 2018

@dkarski87 couldn't get past 5.9. It's too obvious GLU has changed things since 3 weeks ago so that no matter what kind of roster you have you still don't stand a chance unless you spend an x amount of $$$. I for one call absolute BS on that. And keep in mind I'm the one who always defended GLU's right to turn a profit. There is a right way of turning a profit and then there is the GLU way. I'm not holding my breath of making that VIP council after this post.

• Options

Many people are definitely frustrated with WoH. It's not so much that it's 'difficult.' The randomness of pitch selection leaves guys frustrated because the competitor in all of us loves being in control. Or at least, the idea of it. I wrote to Glu that losing to Kershaw is vastly different than losing to Diaz; we don't lose to Diaz so much as we lose to RNG(pitch selection) and that drives us nuts! They've acknowledged that they turned up the difficulty this week. I'm sure they see the feedback and I expect them to make adjustments for the next WoH on Monday. Royale is awesome, but there definitely needs to be more tweaking. The multipliers sound good in theory, but I'm personally not a fan. Resetting brackets is something they should also do away with. It's very confusing.

• Options
    redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts

I want to start out by saying I love the WoH event, up until lately it was a great equalizer for some of us who can’t throw down the cash to buy most of these very good players. However, while I’m fine with a difficulty increase it does feel a bit random and predetermined whether you win or not. I have had weeks where I win in 5 tries on 5.10 or less spending less than 500 gold, and weeks especially lately where I go 0-28 vs Diaz or only get a look or 2 at 5.10 for whatever reason. I’m not stacked with legends but I have a lineup where All Star Markakis is my first batter at 208 overall and my 4-10 guys are 240+ and roll to 5.7-8 with no effort at all. It unfortunately has turned into hoping 5.9-5.10 are pitchers who throw changeups as part of their repertoire as at least you can time that one up and smash it but when you’re facing guys who are throwing 80+% sliders it’s getting into the ridiculous territory. No MLB pitcher does that even the soft tossing junk ballers are still throwing around 50-60% fastballs on average and a power guy like Diaz throws a lot more fastballs and would use a slider to throw someone off his heat. Facing Kershaw was far less frustrating as it seemed his pitches were at least plausible in a real game. I’m not saying these guys have to throw everything straight down the middle all the time but I should be able to foul off crap pitches and get one I can drive at least if I’m being patient. Let the player have some input into the outcome and they’ll be much more apt to spend gold and cash to try to win. I may have to start spending less gold which means I’m going to play less and even more less likely to spend money when I’m able because I’m discovering it’s a bit on the impossible side when these higher rated pitchers throw sliders like their IRL counterparts throw their 4-seamers.