Options

Accidental Trade In

HaraycarayHaraycaray Registered Users, Member 910 Posts

Accidentally traded in a few players today...have a feeling they will not be able to be restored. If that’s the case, I’m finished with Glu and their impractical business model. The abismal customer support along with horrendous odds on boxes paired with the inability to be competitive without spending money on manipulated boxes and game modes with pre determined outcomes is insane. Kind of disappointed in myself for allowing it to get this far. I, along with all of my fellow Glu “VIP’s” out there should take a step back and realize we are being duped. We are being fooled and they’re laughing all the way to the bank off of our dime.

Prev1

Comments

• Options

Went ahead and contacted San Fran office directly through email. Going over in game tickets because nothing ever comes from them anyhow.

• Options
    nym5fannym5fan Registered Users, Member 767 Posts

Good luck man. Sorry to hear this happened.

From Wentz he came, he shall be returned!
  • Options
    jabber83jabber83 Registered Users, Member 41 Posts

Same happened to me. Accidentally traded in a 5* trout and it never got restored. They saw that I drafted him and that he got traded. But trades are final the moment they happen, making the mistake permanent. Big bummer. I was so pumped for that trout.

• Options
    ArmpitastrosArmpitastros Registered Users, Member 33 Posts

Same thing happened here. I also hate it when I buy extra draft picks because am am trying to skip to the next one. There should be some confirmation after those actions. Would just increase their "tap" numbers.

• Options
    maddmaxx67maddmaxx67 Registered Users, Member 140 Posts

I had that happen 2 minutes after I got Dock Ellis after a 30k fan reward, had been drinking at the lake and accidentally traded him. Not sure if it’s because I am a VIP or not, but they awarded me one a complimentary fix and put Ellis back on my roster.

• Options

@maddmaxx67 I am certain it is because you are VIP. Only times I hear of them doing something like that comes from someone who is VIP. Maybe someone on forums that isn't may chime in differently.

But I went to "Customer Service" if you can even call it that... about CvC freezing on a 141k round. I had screenshot proof I scored the round and that it was awarded to the Club points, but didn't show in my score which cost me an MVP award of 2 Labor Day boxes. All I asked was they push some kind of apology gift to my account. It could have been 1k regular XP... I don't care. Something to say Sorry. And all they responded with was they would let the Development team know and they couldn't do anything for me. After asking a 5th time to do something about it they closed the ticket themselves. Believe my "Customer Support" reps name was Erick.

• Options

well, we shall see. They did ask for players and their rank, so hopefully double checking they’re actually the players I had. Fingers crossed

• Options

Also am a VIP, not sure if that makes a difference but, hopefully. I haven’t used my “oopsie” yet lol

• Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts

@nym5fan, I have had similar issues with CS reps. Where they simply refused to help no matter proof or things I showed them. When it comes to CvsC stuff they will never reimburse you gold or lost points. I have tried many times over the same dam freezing issue. Lost big rounds after spending gold on re-buys and boosts to have it freeze and lose my scores. Never got any help in that regard. Other issues though, my best advice would be to close the ticket in question and make a new one with the exact same issue. Try with another rep. If that fails do it again till you find one willing to help. I had to do this a few months back when my 11 year old nephew was jailed because his app was glitching his investments and he was collecting x2 every day for 3 days. They jailed him and would not help me getting with status restored, they accused him of cheating and that was it. I refused to take the response and made at least 7 or 8 different tickets each time till finally found a rep that was willing to listen and help. Not a pleasant way of doing it but it worked. Took about 2 weeks before I got his account back and cleared.

"Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts

@Haraycaray sorry to hear that buddy. Hope they fix it for you.

"Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options

@Houmy hopefully screenshots saved me lol

• Options

@Haraycaray on a lighter note I am surprised no one has pointed out yet that you should always "lock" the players you do not want to trade by accident. 😁🤣😎

• Options

Ya know I’m usually pretty good at that too lol

• Options

@Houmy I’m not even asking for all of them back as I figure thatd be a no go...just a few of them

• Options
    maddmaxx67maddmaxx67 Registered Users, Member 140 Posts
  • Options
    Update: Making progress with CS through email, not in game tickets 
  • Options
    @Haraycaray what email?
  • Options
    All has been resolved! 
  • Options
    @Haraycaray glad to hear. Were they restored to the level you had upgraded them to? And this should be a cautionary tale to others to document their roster and progress. I use the screen recorder and record my roster, sluggers, upgrades, pickem collection and anything else that would matter in case there is an issue down the road and I need to show GLU proof.

• Options
    edited September 2018
    Nope, bronze 1 but I’ll take it 
  • Options
    The JD Martinez they gave me wasn’t former POTW but It’s okc
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I'm not VIP and last year, something happened where all my players were gone and I had random bronze players. Through a bit of effort, they restored every player and was very accommodating in the process. They definitely went above and beyond. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    I had all star Lester for about 10 minutes, app crashed while I was about to lock him. Got busy at work, logged in and bought a ton of 2nd rounders to level him up. And then I traded him in with everyone else. C/S said I need to be more careful and there was no way to reinstate a player, and their was nothing they could do. I guess that vip comes in handy, I also had an issue with the game freezing, which apparently you can still make purchases, I supposedly spent like 3k on mookie xp. Same answer, I need to be more careful. I couldn’t believe it when. I saw houmy got his gold back the other day on the legend pick. But I know you guys spend more than me so I kinda understand.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Speaking of trading in. For a while now I can't mass trade if  there are any #1 or 1st round draft pick to trade in and I have to trade them in one by one. If they are all 2nd or late round however the mass trade in feature is available. Not sure if its just a glitch with my install or everyone else. I like it though as #1 & 1st rounders would be the ones you don't want to trade by mistake anyway in a mass trade.

• Options
    @Houmy where do you see that option? I have over 500 late rounders that I dont want to open for this very reason. I dont see a mass trade button anywhere when I start opening them up.
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    @dkarski87 you would need to open them all one by one. I meant mass trade in the TEAM==>TRADE-IN menu. Actually bought some 2nd rounders now to test it and it's not there again but I always see it after I open all the boxes from WOH. Maybe late rounders activate it. Strange but I'll test again the next time I get a late round pick.

• Options
    Oo ok I misunderstood you. I thought  there was a way to trade in all the late and second rounders without opening them up.... lol
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    @dkarski87 I wish they had that option. Totally unrelated but seems like they change the forum front end a few days ago and added more emoji and now that they've change it back the "quote" option is gone.

• Options
    Hopefully they are working on fixing WOH and not the dam fourm layouts. ;) I think @DFBB is right that so many people complained that they have to do something about it. Like everyone said, its suppose to be hard but to a degree of reason. Hopefully they just get rid of diaz all together and never bring him back. 3 or 4 months of being a POM is long enough. lol
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    I've liked the difficulty level from when they first started it in 17 and was OK with the ones I couldn't cycle in the beginning. If it is too easy then everyone beats it and what is the point but when you have guys with much stronger teams than me and they have 4 or 5 maxed legends and still can't beat it then you know something is wrong. 

It is fine if GLU is tweaking the program to make adjustments but it is costing players real money and that is not right. I guess we'll see this Monday.