Options

Will the Thrill!

DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
I'm really hoping his bonus skill is vs rhp and that his max will be 460. I know it's wishful thinking, but with an ATG pitcher and a pitcher in the legend box, it's difficult to justify spending unless the stars are aligned....I can't wait to see!

If you're not having fun, you're losing.
Prev1

Comments

• Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    edited September 2018
    I'm actually excited about that Trout & Vazquez as they need regular XP for a max 420. I'll wait on some feedback on the forums to see how others have faired pulling anything and then I may give it a few shots. I am kind of pissed at myself for trading my Prime Arenado from WOH as I didn't need him and only got him to gold 1 for the bonus rounds that time. It looks like the same one they are offering in the Rivalry box today.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    snowy24snowy24 Registered Users, Member 304 Posts
    One of the guys in my club got Vazquez on the first pull. I am waiting for a gold deal before I try. 
  • Options
    SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    Trout has my interest peaked as well but the rest of the box does nothing for me.... at least Gardner isn't in there.... is he? No ghost in the machine? ;)
    It's all done with mirrors
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    @Houmy It's a different prime Arenado so you don't need to kick yourself. Instead, we can roll our eyes together. lol
  • Options
    @DFBB I though that too but the box looks the same with no special jerseys. Unless the ones in the Prime Rockies and Giants draft picks aren't the ones and there will be a rivalry box?

• Options
    @Houmy The new giants/rockies rivaly boxes haven't been released yet. I saw those prime rockies/draft picks too, but those are different. Gotta love the variety, eh? :)
  • Options
    @DFBB this is the one I am referring to from today's box

• Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Hope you guys are right, I traded my WOH arenado 2 days ago for xp... lol
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    bravesfanlabravesfanla Registered Users, Member 249 Posts
    @Houmy The box you seek hasn’t been released yet. The Rockies/Giants draft pick box is not the Rivalry box. 
    Tap tap tap tap it in
  • Options
    @Houmy Those guys, as I see it, qualify for the 1K per hit bonus. The super bonus will be the ones from the Throwback box and the Rivalries box(giants/rockies), which will be released around 12pm pacific time. 
  • Options
    @bravesfanla & @DFBB in that case all is well and both I and @dkarski87 can stop kicking ourselves B)

• Options
    I'm a happy camper...

• Options
    @DFBB I am happy too. Not your level happy but not bad for 5 boxes. 3 Prime XPs and then these guys and doubled with the fact that I have all my Pickem collections completed I'll be able to post some good points for my club this weekend. Will have to let my Franchise Posey go though as I don't want to waste the tokens on the weekend event and will pick him up again down the road

• Options
    Nice Pulls @Houmy!!!
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts

I can attest that Prime Arenado (from WOH) is just a 1k/hit bonus player.  The virtually identical Rivalry version is what you need. 

(Can we add this to the list of annoying things for Glu to think about fixing -- why would I want a virtually identical player to the one I have?  Am I supposed to acquire him, use precious prime xp to level him up, all for the sake of bonus points...and after Sunday have two virtually identical Prime Arenados?)

• Options
    edited September 2018
    @Metsicans you and @DFBB are right about Arenado. I missed the noon "PT" part in the announcements and as the event starts at noon EST for me I thought they were the same.

As far as the duplicate versions of the same players being released goes I am conflicted on that one. On the one hand those of us that can cycle WOH already have, or had, the one version in this case but then there are those that didn't cycle and can now get them if the odds are in their favor. I used to think that about all of the duplicate player/different Jersey offers but then I started thinking that I am seeing it from my own point of view and roster only while there are so many users out there that can use the new offerings.

• Options
    caddie2323caddie2323 Registered Users, Member 187 Posts
    0-8 from boxes got prime mad bum from weekend box a few weeks back.  Kinda a bummer it doesn’t matter at all.  Not even a k a k bonus.  Did try what I could for that trout.  Was interested in trout just not lucky for him this week.
  • Options
    Yeah I was happy with Trout myself but would have been happier with Vazquez. All my closers are All Stars from the AS weekend boxes but as I meet stronger opponents now need to upgrade them.

• Options
    So the rivalry boxes are out and I am so tempted to try my luck for Posey, Bumgarner or Davis. I may go for 4 boxes but I'll wait for #freestufffriday and see if I can grab any free picks there first.

• Options
    lol @houmy your greedy bro. Already landed 420 trout and yelich on 5 pulls. I have yet to win a FSF in 2 years. LOL... Sit this one out!
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    Thx @Houmy just needed to vent a little despite the very minor issue it was.... so far I got 4.5* Davis through the rivalry draft pick which I won in the throwback box, so just a round about way to get XP... fsf is on btw lol
  • Options
    Oops my bad, not fst, but an announcement for special gifts this weekend
  • Options
    @dkarski87 all I have to you is this brother

• Options
    @dkarski87 I couldn't help myself and no Posey so I'll take your advice and stop now.

• Options
    LMAO... how many pulls dude?
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    I just got Mad Bum on the freebie... But no dam XP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    10 pulls. Didn't mund it today as there were actually players that would help me down the road

• Options
    Wow 4 players on 10 pulls... I took 10 pulls on my secondary team and got nothing! lol... Thats the way it works sometimes my friend. Congrats!
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    Got Rizzo on the 4th pull.... which was supposed to be my last, but of course I'll try again for Trout now that I've been encouraged lol
  • Options
    Good luck @Sandpipers. Let us know. GLU also needs to hurry up with #FreeStuffFriday so that I can get over not winning again already.